No one wants to play mercy = tilted team

Competitive Discussion
Iv been having this problem with about 80% of my games where no one wants to play mercy to the point where people will throw. Anyone else having this problem?
Yes, I main Zen and if no one else picks Mercy I'm constantly harassed to pick her, even though I have no play time on her. It's frustrating and I can't wait for the nerf to come out of PTR.

People will straight throw often time's when I don't pick her, but like buddy, you can pick her yourself you know?

Since the win is so important to you and all that...
11/09/2017 10:41 AMPosted by Skov
Yes, I main Zen and if no one else picks Mercy I'm constantly harassed to pick her, even though I have no play time on her. It's frustrating and I can't wait for the nerf to come out of PTR.

People will straight throw often time's when I don't pick her, but like buddy, you can pick her yourself you know?

Yeah, it really sucks that people want Mercy but are unwilling to pick her. I pick Mercy because I suck mechanically, but I still only have a 4% win rate on her. Clearly I suck at her, but people rage until someone picks her. It's been like that since last season, hopefully that will change with the Nerf. So much toxicity over not selecting a broken hero.

why wouldn't you play mercy right now? she rezzes, she flies, she boosts.

find fun in winning or go back to quickplay >___>
This is the problem with a hero being a must pick. But, they are addressing this.
11/09/2017 11:02 AMPosted by OMW2FYB

why wouldn't you play mercy right now? she rezzes, she flies, she boosts.

find fun in winning or go back to quickplay >___>

Full offense but just because some people are good with her and/or find her fun to play doesn’t mean that all people share that sentiment.

I’m right in the same boat as the guy above. I have over 100 hours on Zen and over 50 on Lucio. I also consistently have positive win rates on both of them.

These are the heroes you want me to play. I have considerably less time on mercy and have had a consistently negative win rate with her. Last season I believe I finished ~30% with her.

I’m not good at mercy. I don’t want to be good at mercy. I don’t enjoy playing her. It’s not for me. I’m happy for people who like her but I just don’t.

Yet, again, no one wants to play her and I constantly have to deal with whining team mates begging and yelling at me to play mercy when they don’t even want to play her. I hate it.

If I get into a game and someone else has already locked zen or Lucio I’ll jump right on to tanking to avoid being asked to play mercy.
It's really simple. Everyone wants to dps and no one wants to play support.

Mercy right now is basically ladder wide s tier. In other words she is basically mandatory.
11/09/2017 11:33 AMPosted by tacobellftw
It's really simple. Everyone wants to dps and no one wants to play support.

Mercy right now is basically ladder wide s tier. In other words she is basically mandatory.

Even simpler, is that... there’s literally no other option. It’s not even about her really being overpowered considering there’s nothing to compare to. The only other main/solo healer is Ana and she requires a lot of skill to play effectively and thus, almost nobody does it.

We’ve been begging for more healers forever and what do they give us? Another backup healer/dps hybrid that still requires to be paired with mercy or Ana to have a successful meta. I couldn’t be rolling my eyes any harder at Blizzard for that decision.
Pre Mercy 2.0 Zen + Lucio was completely viable. You didn’t need “main healer”.
Yep. I'm expected to pick Mercy but to be perfectly honest, I'm burnt out on playing Mercy. I'm not playing her anymore. What made this the case this season is the fact that I'm tired of solo healing and then being blamed for the loss since I'm struggling to survive vs their 2-3 hero dive on me.

Maybe it is my fault, but if that's the case, then I shouldn't play Mercy since I obviously suck with her. So with that being said, I'm not playing Mercy anymore. You can have a solo Ana. Dps mains who accomplish nothing don't swap heroes, so why should I be expected to swap to Mercy?
Yea its really annoying, I used to grind out tons of comp games but now I find it less fun to do that if I'm forced to play a hero I don't enjoy for 90% of it.
That's because Mercy is a character that should only exist to get new people into playing FPS games yet got buffed to crazytown and Blizzard has been dragging their feet putting her back to where she belongs. If you like doing FPS things you hate playing Mercy. Which includes basically everyone at OP's rank and above.
It annoys me how many "good flex players" arent "good flex players" when we dont have a mercy. Want to win? Play mercy. Suck it up.
I've only had one person tilt that I wasn't not playing mercy. I was solo heal ana. He shut up after we won. :)

Most times when people ask me to switch to mercy from another heal. I just say I cant play mercy or I rather not play mercy.
11/09/2017 09:03 AMPosted by Hate
Iv been having this problem with about 80% of my games where no one wants to play mercy to the point where people will throw. Anyone else having this problem?
Not the throwing part. I've been having a problem where people don't want to heal so I flex and fill the position and now it looks like I'm a Mercy main people look at my profile and see I play Mercy so they ask me to play her ugh.....LOOK AT MY NAME does deatreaper sound like a Mercy player I want to send people to hell not bring them back.