So About Junkrat..

General Discussion
It's no secret a lot of people have been saying that 'he's OP' or 'he needs a nerf', but my question is, how has playing him changed?

Like I really don't get it? I play him the same as I did before the buffs. Nothing in the way I play him has changed, nor has it needed to change, the only difference being his extra mine. So like... am I missing out on something? I just don't get why he's such a big target on the forums now.

((Genuine question, I'm not trying to call anyone out here. I just want to know what's going on?))
Because suddenly more people are playing him and its making people complain.

Before the buffs people still whined about him but since he didn't get any playtime nobody cared. Suddenly now that he's in the spotlight everyone feels the need to cry about it.

My favorites are the ones that say his primary needs to be nerfed because his damage is to high now, brother he's always had this damage you're just overreacting because suddenly you have to adjust your game to combat this "new threat" that has been there since launch.
Some people thought him not being damaged by his own kit was too OP, then that all disappeared.

This too will blow over, if we have learned anything in the gaming community it's that people are pretty extreme and always will find something to complain about.
11/10/2017 11:50 PMPosted by Wonderful
It's no secret a lot of people have been saying that 'he's OP' or 'he needs a nerf', but my question is, how has playing him changed?

Like I really don't get it? I play him the same as I did before the buffs. Nothing in the way I play him has changed, nor has it needed to change, the only difference being his extra mine. So like... am I missing out on something? I just don't get why he's such a big target on the forums now.

((Genuine question, I'm not trying to call anyone out here. I just want to know what's going on?))

The sole reason why he's suddenly being targeted by the "He's OP, Plz nerf" threads, is because prior to the buffs he got, people (Tracer and Genji mains especially) had little to no issues erasing him from existence due to him being in a weird and not very strong spot. Now that he's been buffed, and has the appropriate tools to deal with flankers better, these same players who had no issues dealing with him are finding themselves struggling against him, due to his changes better enabling him to fend them off.

Instead of learning to adapt to his new changes, and simply practice against him, these same players are now crying because their precious Tracer and Genji can no longer simply run up to Junkrat and deal an instant killing blow, followed by a clean escape. Now, because they're dealing with a better, more effective Junkrat, they don't like that their EZ cheese heroes can't wipe the floor with him as easily anymore, hence why they're crying for nerfs.

Summed up:
"Boo-hoo, I can't deal with Junkrat anymore, because I refuse to adapt to the changes they made to him. I should be able to kill him with little to no effort ! I don't wanna change up my tactics, because that means I can't just rely on my auto-win abilities against Junkrat anymore with my Genji and Tracer one-tricks ! Better head to the forums and cry about how OP he is, now that he's gotten one extra mine and a faster, more reliable RIP-Tire ! Totally unfair ! Needs nerfs !"
- Quoted from literally every single person whining about Junkrat on these forums.
if you are playing him the same way, you are playing him wrong.
A good junkrat is all most impossible to kill because as soon as you dive him he can just concussion mine away(which he will always have).
also it is pretty must impossible for most characters to beat him in a 1v1.
all the squishes he can just use 2 concussion mines, which is stupidly easy to hit.
and even most tanks cant get him because of there large size and his 120hp dealing
bombs.
the only exception i can see where there is a clear win is winston (if he gets a good bubble down) and pharrah. there is probably one or two more that have a chance. but having only 3 characters that can beat him most of the time in a 1v1 is just plain stupid, especially since you may need those dmg/tank playing something else
11/11/2017 12:03 AMPosted by RiskyBiscuit

The sole reason why he's suddenly being targeted by the "He's OP, Plz nerf" threads, is because prior to the buffs he got, people (Tracer and Genji mains especially) had little to no issues erasing him from existence due to him being in a weird and not very strong spot. Now that he's been buffed, and has the appropriate tools to deal with flankers better, these same players who had no issues dealing with him are finding themselves struggling against him, due to his changes better enabling him to fend them off.

Instead of learning to adapt to his new changes, and simply practice against him, these same players are now crying because their precious Tracer and Genji can no longer simply run up to Junkrat and deal an instant killing blow, followed by a clean escape. Now, because they're dealing with a better, more effective Junkrat, they don't like that their EZ cheese heroes can't wipe the floor with him as easily anymore, hence why they're crying for nerfs.

Summed up:
"Boo-hoo, I can't deal with Junkrat anymore, because I refuse to adapt to the changes they made to him. I should be able to kill him with little to no effort ! I don't wanna change up my tactics, because that means I can't just rely on my auto-win abilities against Junkrat anymore with my Genji and Tracer one-tricks ! Better head to the forums and cry about how OP he is, now that he's gotten one extra mine and a faster, more reliable RIP-Tire ! Totally unfair ! Needs nerfs !"
- Quoted from literally every single person whining about Junkrat on these forums.

..... maybe down in silver
11/11/2017 03:06 PMPosted by Garris

You have no where to talk there and look down upon lower levels. You shouldn't EVER do that anyways, even if you are GM...which you are...

06/30/2017 12:31 PMPosted by Garris
i am currently gold.

Hiding behind the generic icon where you can't click on doesn't save you from your own comments.

11/11/2017 03:00 PMPosted by Garris
(which he will always have)

Funny, if I have the ability to "always" have my mine, what's this cooldown thing that I keep seeing on my screen? Man, I must be playing him wrong.
the only exception i can see where there is a clear win is winston (if he gets a good bubble down) and pharrah.

Pharah
Winston
Widow
Hanzo
Zarya
Roadhog
A "good" Genji
Sombra
McCree

Just admit it, you have no clue on how to play against him and you rather come onto the forums and belittle other people then learning to adapt.
I can now use the mine for more than mobility OR a kill. Now, I can exercise both objectives. 1 mine meant you either try to hobble along loudly for a flanker kill, standoff and SpamRat until the enemy decides it's time to kill you, then either get away or maybe get a kill, or you position a mine, hoping you don't forget where it is or it gets killed, and come back when that other mine is up to do the launch, shoot, mine combo.
Hitting people with the nade launcher then a mine has always been a thing.
Mine-jumping to face-smash a Phar has always been a thing.
Trap+Mine always a thing.
It's just now that you're not stuck playing the waiting and spamming game - the guy is more involved in the game. 1 mine felt a lot like a time out because the GL is terribly unreliable against anyone with any awareness whatsoever.

Not sure what you're getting at, but considering I'm a Silver player, and have zero problems playing as or against Junkrat, I think my argument speaks for itself. If the players down in silver are having no issues with him, then it must be a problem with the individual's skill level and ability (or lack thereof) to adapt to playing against Junkrat.

Huh, imagine that...
the only exception i can see where there is a clear win is winston (if he gets a good bubble down)

winston may actually be the worst tank for killing junkrat tbh.
11/12/2017 09:54 PMPosted by dethpandemic
the only exception i can see where there is a clear win is winston (if he gets a good bubble down)

winston may actually be the worst tank for killing junkrat tbh.

it really depends on his ability to dance around his shield
Every time I see a one-trick Junkrat in Diamond and look them up, they were Gold or Silver in S5.

Because people think, they still can go in & fight the junkrat closecombat like before.

But now, junkrat wont forgive failures like he did prebuff.

One does not simply closecombat the rat! :D
11/12/2017 11:32 PMPosted by EvenInDeath
Every time I see a one-trick Junkrat in Diamond and look them up, they were Gold or Silver in S5.

No offense, but I've seen a lot more one trick Mercy's then Junkrat's doing this exact same thing lately.
After some hands-on experience with the new Junkrat i can say it doesn't feel like a skill hero so much anymore. You just spam-throw concussion mines to get kills you would've gotten with your grenades if you'd just learn how to aim with them. Most kills Junkrat mains get with him are just from spamming concussion mines, too. 120 damage from one mine, 240 from two. Kill just about every non-tank in two hits with little need to line your shots up properly.
He's not really OP, he's just annoying to die to. I don't think that will ever change. I think he was fine where he was before though.
I booped genji during his dragonblade ult more often. So adding another mine helped my team from team wipe. Also I had this last week where we got graviton'ed by enemy zarya and genji want to ult but i put my barely off cooldown mine below me then he start to swift strike and he got booped away.
11/10/2017 11:56 PMPosted by BT160526
Because suddenly more people are playing him and its making people complain.

Before the buffs people still whined about him but since he didn't get any playtime nobody cared. Suddenly now that he's in the spotlight everyone feels the need to cry about it.

My favorites are the ones that say his primary needs to be nerfed because his damage is to high now, brother he's always had this damage you're just overreacting because suddenly you have to adjust your game to combat this "new threat" that has been there since launch.

I don't think junkrat being powerful is the problem. Tracer/genji/mccree/76/winston and alot of other heroes are stronger than him. The problem is probably the skill cap, as is the case with most heroes than are always being buffed/nerfed. A Junk-rat should be able to control a space as a defense hero and make things hard for flankers but that the level at which he does that should vary based on the skills of the person playing him. Consider tracer/genji/mccree, these heroes have hardly been touched launch(tracer has had no changes) because they aren't guaranteed to fulfill their roles unless the person playing them is good. you cant take on pharah just by choosing mccree you need to be have good position/aim as well. You cant flank effectively just choosing a flanker, you need to able to time you blinks/swift strike/deflect properly to do so without dying.

Junkrat is in a position where he is almost par with these heroes but his abilities are too straight and require little to no decision making.

I think a rework to make him more powerful but increase his skill cap will be better received by everyone.
Junkrat is not the only one with this problem. The old roadhog hook also received the same hate. Not because he was overly powerful but because it was just to easy for anyone to play him at that level.
11/12/2017 11:32 PMPosted by EvenInDeath
Every time i see a mercy player in diamond and above and look them up, they were silver or bronze in s5.