Gaming Mouse and Keyboard

General Discussion
Are these even worth their price, and if they are, tell me which ones you would suggest to get. (I'm mainly skeptical about the keyboard cause adding lights to it and making it mechanical makes it worth about $200, and im wondering if its worth it).
You don't have to get one with RGB and all, that's just for show. You'll want a Gaming mouse though because of how accurate it is. It really makes a difference when tracking and flicking shots. A mechanical keyboard allows you to press the key and activate it without having to push the whole key down as opposed to a normal keyboard where you have to push the key to it's entirety.
It can

but it can also take some time to get used to

normal keyboards and mice are still functionally usable for the majority of people.
If you want something really cheap and of quality go with:
Nixeus Revel (PMW3360 and Omron switches for 32€)
Drevo Gramr (in every switch, ~40€)
Artisan mousepad (these are the best mousepads, they're from 1700 yen to 4000 yen)
Do you have any suggestions for a gaming mouse then? I'm currently looking to buy one that works well with me, and my logic is that if it works with someone else, it should work with me.
RGB lights don't matter. Mechancal vs. membrane keyboards do matter though. Mechanical is better. Membrane is inferior in every way except for maybe noise.

A mouse designed with gaming in mind is better than a mouse designed for office usage. Which mouse is a matter of personal preference. Personally I prefer them light and ergonomically shaped. Some people prefer them to be small and symetrically shaped, others like them heavy, etc.

You can see what mouse, keyboard, mousepad, and headset pro and tournament players use here:

http://on-winning.com/overwatch-pro-sensitivity-settings-setups-monitor-mouse-keyboard-headset/

I didn't check but I wouldn't be surprised to see 100% of the keyboards are mechanical.
The longevity of the Logitech g403 is your best bet
I use a Logitech G900 because I'm a pleb who likes wireless mice and there's basically no difference between the wireless and wired mode.
Corsair K70/K95 and variants are great keyboards, cherryMX switches. You won't ever want to go back to a conventional keyboard after using a mechanical one.

Try the Logitech G403 mouse. G303 if you want a smaller mouse. G502 if you want a big mouse with lots of buttons. All use the same sensor. I own all 3.

I have a K70 LUX RGB w/cherryMX brown switches and a G403 corded mouse.
I've always liked Razer mice. They are the only mice with truly native DPI at every sensitivity setting. All the others only have one native DPI setting.

But, they don't necessarily last, so buy it from a store that offers in store product replacement warranties.

A gaming keyboard is also necessary. Regular keyboards just don't respond to key commands very quickly. You'll notice a massive difference.
Mechanical keyboards feel amazing, but in general will have less impact on your performance than a good mouse.
I'm personally using a Razer Naga Chroma Epic (I like the extra buttons to assign to callouts, sprays, voice lines, etc) as my mouse, and I use the Razer Tatarus Chroma gamepad for my left hand. I get way more control over my character movement and action keys. I have a Razer Ornata Chroma keyboard, but it doesn't do much for Overwatch but have helpful lighting that tells me when cooldowns and ultimates are up and such.
Logitech gpro is an amazing mouse. I changed from a normal mouse to that and the mouse is so worth I'm actually still shocked.
-_____-

You can get a GOOD mechanical gaming keyboard (with lights. lulz) on amazon for 30 bucks. but a regular $12 membrane keyboard is just as good.

and yes, get a gaming mouse. 20 - 50 bucks.
Think of them as premium products that provide a premium experience. They are not necessary by any means. If you do want to shell out some money, I'd invest in a better mouse before I would a keyboard.

I use the Logitech G900 mouse for a few reasons. It has a free scrolling mouse wheel and has wireless capabilities without the need for batteries. It also supports high dpi settings. I use it with the G440 mousepad which is a low friction mousepad.

None of my equipment gives me any real advantage or makes me perform better. Im just lazy and dont want to waive my arm all over the place when playing so I use really high DPI and in game sensitivity.

I also have a pricey keyboard, and I like it. It changes nothing when playing OW though.
A good accurate mouse is essential, because when it isn't accurate your aiming will be inaccurate. you can still play the game on a !@#$ty $20 logitech keyboard though. It won't make a difference compared to a mechanical keyboard.

Also don't buy into the whole "gaming" thing with keyboards. The only "gaming" about those keyboards is that they have fancy lights. My ducky one tkl keyboard has the same switches as any of the gaming keyboards, at a cheaper price, and it looks like a normal keyboard. It's also a lot less bulky so I have a lot of room for my mouse to move. It's actually better than any gaming keyboard!
I will say, although it takes quite a bit of getting used to, any game pad like the Tatarus, or Orbweaver, or there's one from Logitech (I don't remember the model), that takes the place of a keyboard for your left hand will definitely increase your ability to play in the long run. I use the directional thumbpad for movement, and that frees up 15 buttons at my fingertips for pretty much anything I want.

But like I said, it takes quite a bit of getting used to.
09/19/2017 12:09 PMPosted by kukelekuuk00
A good accurate mouse is essential, because when it isn't accurate your aiming will be inaccurate. you can still play the game on a !@#$ty $20 logitech keyboard though. It won't make a difference compared to a mechanical keyboard.

Also don't buy into the whole "gaming" thing with keyboards. The only "gaming" about those keyboards is that they have fancy lights. My ducky one tkl keyboard has the same switches as any of the gaming keyboards, at a cheaper price, and it looks like a normal keyboard. It's also a lot less bulky so I have a lot of room for my mouse to move. It's actually better than any gaming keyboard!

That's not actually true at all. Regular keyboards do not provide NEARLY the response times that a gaming keyboard does. I think non-gaming mechanical keyboards may be the exception. But a non-gaming membrane keyboard just doesn't cut it.
I got the Logitech G502 and never looked back since, a lot of pros use it and for the price, it's pretty darn good as for a keyboard, I can't really say since I only have the k30 which isn't mechanical.
I have a corsair K70 RGB keyboard with brown key switches (different kinds of key switches have different "feeling" haptic feedback when you click, different trigger points during the keypress, different travel times for the keypress, etc...)

I also have a logitech g502 proteus spectrum mouse.

Both are the best input devices I've ever used, and both will be replaced by exactly the same thing at a cheaper price rather than upgrading when they break.