When are we going to get a response about the Mercy rework?

Competitive Discussion
Look at the last week in competitive.

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes

Mercy has now eclipsed a 50% support pick rate in GM.

That means she's in EVERY single game.
Maybe the next new hero is a healer and they're waiting to see how that affects Mercy. I dunno. The problem isn't Mercy, it's the lack of healers.
You mean the same way how Winston was in nearly every game last season?
09/26/2017 05:41 PMPosted by HeartsValor
You mean the same way how Winston was in nearly every game last season?

Dva has the highest pick rate in the last 3 months for tanks.
Bump.

We just want a response that you're at least working on it and are acknowledging the failures that led up to this patch making it live.
I've played Mercy almost exclusively in competitive since before the rework. I just like the playstyle. She was already a 7-9% pick date before the rework, depending on when you looked at the data. People just like playing her. Add to that the fact that her rework is new, and people want to try it - and she's now probably the most viable healer - and you get a very high pick rate. Some of this will die off in a few weeks as people get bored and/or learn to counter her better.

I don't think it's a matter of her being OP - any decent hit scan can deal with Valkyrie. Her resurrection is now on a 30 second cool down - so you can't reverse a team wipe, only critical picks. She's not invulnerable anymore during her resurrection, either. I find that Valkyrie is a very powerful tool for three things - dealing with an enemy push (mass healing), helping my team push a choke or point (mass boost) or dealing with a Pharah the DPS gods can't seem to hit.
It's funny how salty these Pharahs get when a healer can actually take them out quickly.

Honestly - I think the problem is how limited the healer pool is in general - and how there are wide disparities in their power levels now. I agree she (at the basic level) requires the least skill - and produces the best results. It really doesn't make her OP, it makes the rest of the healers in need of tuning. Do you really want LESS healers than you have now? As much as the CS:GO gods want it to be, this game is never going to be that - Blizzard's general MO is to provide an accessible experience for all levels of players. They aren't going to reverse that strategy.
The worst imbalance in Overwatch history was the omnic crisis: Bastion's rework / buff on February 28th, 2017. Bastion got a moderate nerf on March 3rd. So Blizzard can move fast when they feel the need. There doesn't seem to be an upper limit on how long it takes though. People were complaining about Ana and Hog for months before they got nerfed. People still complain about Pharmercy and Hanzo's scatter arrow without a nerf (note, I am not commenting on whether any of these nerfs are/would be a good idea). So we could have a response anywhere between today and never, depending on how much of a crisis Blizzard thinks it is.
i don't think mercy is op, i think shes in a good place right now. Maybe a cool down for the guardian angel so shes not constantly flying around. Maybe allow Zen to throw 2 healing orbs at a time and maybe give lucios radius buff. Problem is that mercy is so easy to play its much easier to get value out of her than a hero like Zen thats immobile.
Valkyrie's flying speed is perhaps the only OP thing about the new Mercy re-work. Everything else I think is perfect, and I don't just say that as a new Mercy main, I say that because a competent team and damage dealer player could take her out. The problem we face right now is that there aren't many competent damage dealer players out there, since the Mercy re-work they're now having to up their performance by killing more than one enemy player every 30 seconds or by killing the Mercy as soon as possible. In comparison to Mercy the other current healing heroes are a bit weak, not to mention the game could do with some more healing heroes. As I say, if you can't play damage dealing heroes that well then support could do with some more volunteers, not just instantly lock on to a damage dealing hero and then lose the match for the team because of your poor performance.

Finally, it's no good just damaging enemy players and not killing them, that's just feeding Mercy's ultimate charge.
09/29/2017 05:48 AMPosted by Clawfury
I've played Mercy almost exclusively in competitive since before the rework. I just like the playstyle. She was already a 7-9% pick date before the rework, depending on when you looked at the data. People just like playing her. Add to that the fact that her rework is new, and people want to try it - and she's now probably the most viable healer - and you get a very high pick rate. Some of this will die off in a few weeks as people get bored and/or learn to counter her better.

I don't think it's a matter of her being OP - any decent hit scan can deal with Valkyrie. Her resurrection is now on a 30 second cool down - so you can't reverse a team wipe, only critical picks. She's not invulnerable anymore during her resurrection, either. I find that Valkyrie is a very powerful tool for three things - dealing with an enemy push (mass healing), helping my team push a choke or point (mass boost) or dealing with a Pharah the DPS gods can't seem to hit.
It's funny how salty these Pharahs get when a healer can actually take them out quickly.

Honestly - I think the problem is how limited the healer pool is in general - and how there are wide disparities in their power levels now. I agree she (at the basic level) requires the least skill - and produces the best results. It really doesn't make her OP, it makes the rest of the healers in need of tuning. Do you really want LESS healers than you have now? As much as the CS:GO gods want it to be, this game is never going to be that - Blizzard's general MO is to provide an accessible experience for all levels of players. They aren't going to reverse that strategy.
Perfect. I came in here to say this. 100% agree.
Y'all seem to have forgotten when Lucio was a "must pick" back in season 1/2
When you go against a team with a mercy, and your team doesn't have one, your effective playing 7-6 right at the start of the game.. That first pick usually means nothing since mercy can just rez them. It means a lot. Especially in lower tier games.
I don't see how any other healer has an advantage over that.

I gain over 200 SR last night, and I can clearly remember the games I lost that I didn't not have a mercy in. It was frustrating playing against a team that kept getting their front line rezzed while if I died, I had a long walk each time.

Tbh, the game is more fun and fast paced with a mercy. Team fights stay engaging and your team generally tries to make a bigger effort to win them when they get rezzed. She wins games. Why wouldn't you want one? What appeal does any of the other healers honestly have atm?
09/29/2017 05:59 AMPosted by Kaawumba
The worst imbalance in Overwatch history was the omnic crisis: Bastion's rework / buff on February 28th, 2017. Bastion got a moderate nerf on March 3rd. So Blizzard can move fast when they feel the need. There doesn't seem to be an upper limit on how long it takes though. People were complaining about Ana and Hog for months before they got nerfed. People still complain about Pharmercy and Hanzo's scatter arrow without a nerf (note, I am not commenting on whether any of these nerfs are/would be a good idea). So we could have a response anywhere between today and never, depending on how much of a crisis Blizzard thinks it is.

Maybe Bastion got fixed fast on PC, but it took WEEKS to fix him on console. It was the worst time I ever had in OW to be honest.
09/29/2017 05:48 AMPosted by Clawfury

This post is perfect, also agree 100%.
09/29/2017 08:03 AMPosted by Hegemoness

Maybe Bastion got fixed fast on PC, but it took WEEKS to fix him on console. It was the worst time I ever had in OW to be honest.

PC can be patched in 24 hours on battle net. It takes weeks for a patch to be approved by Sony and Microsoft on their consoles, it's not blizzards fault.
09/29/2017 08:03 AMPosted by Hegemoness

On one hand, the OP question was "when will this be addressed" not necessarily when it will go live. On the other hand, it is pretty unfortunate how console players are treated as second class citizens. We can argue if it is Blizzard or Microsoft or Sony's fault. It is unfortunate, nonetheless.
The only problem I see with mercy at all is that while ulting she can move seamlessly in any direction and fairly quickly making it pretty challenging to shoot her at all.

Whereas Pharah flies in a certain way that's at least slightly predictable, mercy is still requiring a lot of getting used to.

Other than that, Mercy is in a really good place. She's also still really new and also still only one of two different main healers.

The game seriously lacks variety in the support role.
I wish people would stop constantly seeking out dev responses and trying to ruin this game by reworking a hero every week
When you have only 4 healing supports, 2 who can heal large quantities of damage quickly, 1 of 2 who has acceptable mobility in many matches that have to deal with both Genji/Tracer "And if you're unlucky Winston/D.Va" that percentage begins to make more sense.
Look I usually play fill and hate the mercy rework. I usually have to pick her in the end anyways because hey I wanna win. I know if I pick ana I will probably die to a genji or Winston on top of me. If I pick mercy? Lul just press shift. The ability is always up. Also when I'm flying around in my ult it seems like no one can hit me. I mean I see them down there trying but I think the hitbox is wonky. I've had easier time hitting pharah with soldier. Even if they do start getting some hits in I can just press shift again. So easy. I love playing ana I love playing zen. I hate playing mercy but I know I'm going to live longer and heal better if I pick mercy. I just wish we had some better options or even one other option.

And enough of this "everyone is still learning how to play against mercy." Any idiot with half a brain would want to kill the back line first. That win condition hasn't ever changed. It's the fact that mercy is the most slippery of the healers aside from lucio and can give you a numbers advantage that makes it pretty dumb. No other healer can full heal a 600hp ally on a 30 second cd.