Being Forced to Play Mercy Isn't Fun

PTR Feedback
IME many people who complain about Mercy being boring play her in a way that's boring as !@#$. Like, it's as if they picked Lucio or Tracer and never went fast or used Blink and saying these characters are dull. It's like picking Widow and never scoping in. Mercy literally becomes holding M1 because that's all they do, they've told themselves there's nothing more to her.

Now, of course, personal taste and playstyle matters a ton - I grew up on platformers and have a background in fighting games and CCG/RTS so just playing resource games while moving around a ton is a lot of fun, but that's obviously not appealing to everyone.

10/16/2017 05:37 AMPosted by Nharzhool
She's a must-pick because the other supports are a bit lack-lustre, and the nature of match-making is that there's a shortage of co-ordination to focus the Mercy and then push.

She's a must-pick because she's genuinely one of the, if not straight up the strongest character in the game. The pros who play on live patch were okay with dropping Lucio for her on KOTH. If that doesn't indicate a strong character I don't know what does. The pros used to only pick her in Pharah comps because OldMercy didn't have near as much utility as Ana, and Lucio+Zen's protection ult+damage combo was straight better once Dive sprinkling barriers between Ana and her team crippled her ability to do work. Now they happily play her without a Pharah in sight. That too speaks to a good increase in overall utility.

Legit discussions of Valk-Mercy's power level are like "she's strong, but let's give people ample time (actually ample, not modern attention-span-of-a-troll two weeks) to see if there's valid counterplay (likely not), and if not tone her down until the game can take it and you can justify not picking her at least occasionally" vs. "she's ****ing broken start testing nerfs on PTR yesterday".

There are people on these forums who think she's not unarguably among the strongest characters in the game, or even weak, and those people need to take a Mount Everest-sized reality check, smell the coffee, wake up, whatever the hell else gets them back to the real world. Mercy's strong, hella strong. Stop acting like a victim, throw the melodrama to the bin and enjoy the UNLIMITED POOWERRR while it lasts.

Also do campaign to get the slingshot back. I want my GA slingshot back.
10/14/2017 11:22 PMPosted by Pineapples
Look at what Mercy has she has 20 healing per second after 1 sec of not taking any damage. She has a 1.5 or 2 sec cooldown to self peel and fly away. Her ult has passive regen, takes you in the air to escape ground danger, has increased guardian angel speed.
Ana literally has lower dps than Mercy and has to aim to heal. Has a 10 sec 100 hp burst heal/ anti heal and a 12 sec sleep. If Ana doesn’t land her SKILL SHOTS she will be killed where as Mercy can literally just press shift and get away and has passive regen. Mercy is like genji in many ways given too many tools to make the character feel smooth and allows you to make mistakes because the entire kit is too forgiving. Buff Ana’s self sustain or nerf Mercys.

Mercys shift is unuseless when there is no taemates to move even its her only servive skill
Bunt ana can survive her self by hers skill
10/17/2017 01:23 AMPosted by Praestes
10/14/2017 11:22 PMPosted by Pineapples
Look at what Mercy has she has 20 healing per second after 1 sec of not taking any damage. She has a 1.5 or 2 sec cooldown to self peel and fly away. Her ult has passive regen, takes you in the air to escape ground danger, has increased guardian angel speed.
Ana literally has lower dps than Mercy and has to aim to heal. Has a 10 sec 100 hp burst heal/ anti heal and a 12 sec sleep. If Ana doesn’t land her SKILL SHOTS she will be killed where as Mercy can literally just press shift and get away and has passive regen. Mercy is like genji in many ways given too many tools to make the character feel smooth and allows you to make mistakes because the entire kit is too forgiving. Buff Ana’s self sustain or nerf Mercys.

Mercys shift is unuseless when there is no taemates to move even its her only servive skill
Bunt ana can survive her self by hers skill

are you kidding me? have you ever play ana yourself? the only way ana can survive anyone diving her is her sleep. ana is as good as dead if she miss her 12 sec cd sleep. Where as mercy can literally fly to anyone on her team with her 1 sec cd skill.
If you are playing mercy to a point where you cannot dash to your living teammate to survive, you are basically putting yourself out of position and pretty much deserve to die. Mercy is basically always attached to a teammate.

On a different note, instead of messing around with her cd, make the res subject only be able to be res once until the the player respawn or change hero in the spawn room.
10/17/2017 02:14 AMPosted by SomeBody
If you are playing mercy to a point where you cannot dash to your living teammate to survive, you are basically putting yourself out of position and pretty much deserve to die.

That suggests all of your team is well-positioned, which rarely the case on comp (especially solo comp). Moreover her GA is predictable enough for any good hitscan.

Ana can heal from afar, Mercy should stay close to her target. If your target is killed (or too busy to kill enemy focusing you) and team is badly positioned, you're screwed.
Mercy is fun to play, I enjoy playing her.

I do not enjoy playing the same hero every single game, and having angry people shout at me the moment I pick something else.
10/17/2017 05:10 AMPosted by ai024
10/17/2017 02:14 AMPosted by SomeBody
If you are playing mercy to a point where you cannot dash to your living teammate to survive, you are basically putting yourself out of position and pretty much deserve to die.

That suggests all of your team is well-positioned, which rarely the case on comp (especially solo comp). Moreover her GA is predictable enough for any good hitscan.

Ana can heal from afar, Mercy should stay close to her target. If your target is killed (or too busy to kill enemy focusing you) and team is badly positioned, you're screwed.

Yeah, in theory Ana can heal from afar, but in reality, whenever you stay by yourself you are a free kill as her. Any bad flanker/ dps player can just go for her and there is almost nothing she can do, because her time to kill is so long. So what happens is: Ana stays 2 meters away from her tanks and has no GA to escape.

The conclusion: Why play Ana? Mercy has way less things to worry about, can heal more and has the mobility and passive regen to make up for it. Ana has to be content with doing less damage than her pistol aswell?
10/17/2017 05:28 AMPosted by K3nny
Yeah, in theory Ana can heal from afar, but in reality, whenever you stay by yourself you are a free kill as her.

That's highly dependable on map, is you attacking or defending and on your team. On Anubis 2nd point attack or Hanamura 1st point def I almost over prefer Ana over Mercy.

Any bad flanker/ dps player can just go for her and there is almost nothing she can do, because her time to kill is so long.

When she's taken by surprise and she's alone, her only hope is her sleep dart. But like with Mercy, she should position herself properly (like stay close to Torb's turret or backline players) and avoid that situations.

The conclusion: Why play Ana? Mercy has way less things to worry about, can heal more and has the mobility and passive regen to make up for it.

Her passive regen doesn't count much role when she's focused. Mercy have no chance against almost any flanker. Ana is on par with Mercy when it comes on encountering flanker. Lucio's and Zen's chances are quite high though, IMO.

Ana has to be content with doing less damage than her pistol aswell?

Just compare average dmg done by any Mercy player and by any Ana player with comparable SR.
I've seen more and more in my matches that no one wants to play mercy but eventually someone gives in just because they would rather not lose the game. They really need to change something so all supports are viable again.
im a mercy main and the state of mercy right now makes me want her removed from the game entirely. grats blizzard on taking my favorite hero and making me hate her... i should clarify.. i think she is way overpowered. i feel forced to play her. i feel cheated when we are in a game with no mercys then the other team starts losing badly then picks mercy.. and they win because i dont want to switch from another support.
10/16/2017 05:57 AMPosted by SpritePR
I rather lose than be forced to play mercy. The other healers are more enjoyable anyways.

I agree in both points. Although I am a Mercy main, and well I am a main support (as my battletag implies), I dislike this Mercy must-pick situation, for players that like other heroes won't do as well as mains, and will get frustrated for not playing what they enjoy, and I believe the other supports feel more enjoyable nowadays because now she is very boring to play...
10/17/2017 05:45 AMPosted by ai024
Yeah, in theory Ana can heal from afar, but in reality, whenever you stay by yourself you are a free kill as her.

That's highly dependable on map, is you attacking or defending and on your team. On Anubis 2nd point attack or Hanamura 1st point def I almost over prefer Ana over Mercy.

Any bad flanker/ dps player can just go for her and there is almost nothing she can do, because her time to kill is so long.

When she's taken by surprise and she's alone, her only hope is her sleep dart. But like with Mercy, she should position herself properly (like stay close to Torb's turret or backline players) and avoid that situations.

The conclusion: Why play Ana? Mercy has way less things to worry about, can heal more and has the mobility and passive regen to make up for it.

Her passive regen doesn't count much role when she's focused. Mercy have no chance against almost any flanker. Ana is on par with Mercy when it comes on encountering flanker. Lucio's and Zen's chances are quite high though, IMO.

Ana has to be content with doing less damage than her pistol aswell?

Just compare average dmg done by any Mercy player and by any Ana player with comparable SR.

Ana is not on par with Mercy when it comes to dealing with a flanker. Miss the sleep and you're dead. No mobility and the lowest damage in the entire support catagory. Mercy only shows no damage in games because she relies on her mobility faaar more often.

Zen is the other healer with no mobility but he can fight his attackers. Ana needs to pull off the hardest trick shot in the game or die because her damage is terrible.

The only time she's positioned "properly" now is if she's in the middle of her team or has a baby sitter. Being in the middle of her team goes directly against her core design and everything is hurt by it. Healing people, throwing the grenade (explodes the moment you throw on a team member behind you), sleeping key targets because you can't see, game sense, and sniping the enemy team.

Her damage nerf was crippling so she's dreadfully high risk no reward and Mercy is litterally the only other main healer.