Matchmaking topic pretty interesting

Competitive Discussion
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share with you this reddit topic :

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/78ozhi/former_flash_lux_main_tank_moderns_statement_on/

He explains why the matchmaking is broken and how a match between 2 teams with the same SR Average (4100 vs 4120) for example, can be very differents.

And the most important, compare soloQ to group, it's very interesting.

I just want to have your opinion for those who want to read, for the others you can just talk about your opinion of the current matchmaking (but read the topic, it's cool :p)
10/26/2017 06:05 AMPosted by Rayzz1
He explains why the matchmaking is broken and how a match between 2 teams with the same SR Average (4100 vs 4120) for example, can be very differents.

He also ignores the reality that at the top end there are simply fewer people to play against. That means the system has to make exceptions, such as pairing people around 4500 SR with people around 4000 SR. The farther to the end of the distribution curve you get, the fewer people there are at that rating.

So... either you wait forever to possibly get a game... or you play with people of varying SR.
10/26/2017 06:24 AMPosted by Sidratha
10/26/2017 06:05 AMPosted by Rayzz1

He also ignores the reality that at the top end there are simply fewer people to play against. That means the system has to make exceptions, such as pairing people around 4500 SR with people around 4000 SR. The farther to the end of the distribution curve you get, the fewer people there are at that rating.

So... either you wait forever to possibly get a game... or you play with people of varying SR.

Actually, he says "I don't care waiting 10mins if the match i have is balanced".