This healer is done flexing for a 4/1/1 comp

Competitive Discussion
Highly Rated
I've snapped. I'm tired of being told that I'm not good at healing because 4 DPS mains throw a fit if they can't play their precious one-trick. I'm tired of not having any sort of cover, and watching the enemy pick us all off one by one while the DPS "mains" can't focus enough to get one kill, or they scatter to the winds and expect me to heal/rez them when they over-extend. And most of all, I'm tired of the "I need healing!" spam. I've taken tank roles when needed, and I've given up my picks to let others have theirs. But no one will do it for me. No one will adapt to the other team's composition to keep Genji,Phara, Widow, or Winston off my butt, even if I'm right next to them. And when I die? All I hear is that god-damn spam of "I need healing."

Do it yourself now.

Here comes a Torb insta-locker. Ya'll brought this upon yourselves. 'till Valhalla, !@#$%es!

(Just kidding, I'm a decent tank. I'll probably go with that)
LOL do it!
Got my support :)
That's fine, your rating will suffer.
Oh no, a Platinum Mercy 1 trick is going to flex onto the other 25 heroes he can't play because he perceives his team doing badly when in reality it's his own inability to climb. Oh no!
10/03/2017 12:41 PMPosted by PyroManiac
Oh no, a Platinum Mercy 1 trick is going to flex onto the other 25 heroes he can't play because he perceives his team doing badly when in reality it's his own inability to climb. Oh no!

Oh, another DPS main who thinks he's God's gift to man? Original.

Besides, how will I learn another role if I never try it? ;)
Good for you man.
10/03/2017 12:54 PMPosted by Toriaxium

Apparently I think I'm god's gift to man when pointing out the inconsistencies in your terrible argument.

Oh no!
you're not alone. tons of support and flex players are done with taking a backseat to hopelessly selfish players. it's hard to do damage when you're wide open without healing. this is probably one of the few ways they're going to learn the consequences of being inflexible. an added bonus is, those players who believe throwers, griefers and smurfs can't drag down a good player will be in for a rude awakening when they're still pretending to carry the team. glhf.
Behind you 98%. I would say instead of insta-locking torb, play whatever you feel like. Don't go in to troll, just go in to shoot stuff. Have fun!
10/03/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Toriaxium
I've snapped. I'm tired of being told that I'm not good at healing because 4 DPS mains throw a fit

Mi Ma Mu,
Then leave OW like everyone else, instead of writing it to strange ppl to the Interweb
10/03/2017 01:26 PMPosted by unwan7ed
Behind you 98%. I would say instead of insta-locking torb, play whatever you feel like. Don't go in to troll, just go in to shoot stuff. Have fun!

Yeah, I'm not serious about Torb. But I am going on strike as a main healer. Maybe Zen or Luc if I really have to.
10/03/2017 01:28 PMPosted by Maki
I've snapped. I'm tired of being told that I'm not good at healing because 4 DPS mains throw a fit

Mi Ma Mu,
Then leave OW like everyone else, instead of writing it to strange ppl to the Interweb

Come on man, did you really expect people like this to not look for sympathy and validation from anonymous people on the internet?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Apparently I think I'm god's gift to man when pointing out the inconsistencies in your terrible argument.

Oh no!

Inconsistencies as you see it? I select last, and fill in a role that never gets picked. There is a huge difference between the masses of DPS players who go right to that role and will not change, and someone who tries to make a comp work and takes the unwanted role.

Especially in this season, I have been forced to solo heal. Anna CAN do it, but I'm not great with her. (or Mercy for that matter, but I'm better with Mercy than Anna)

Surely you can see that difference.
Just take a break until they fix match making to sort players into actual teams.

Right now the only way to get a team with decent team comp is in a 6 stack. But that is not always possible for people. Getting a good team in solo queue is like winning the lottery.

I'm basically not even going to attempt competitive again until they update the matchmaker so it can sort people into actual teams that can pick majority of the heroes in the roster.
10/03/2017 01:31 PMPosted by Toriaxium
10/03/2017 01:26 PMPosted by unwan7ed

Yeah, I'm not serious about Torb. But I am going on strike as a main healer. Maybe Zen or Luc if I really have to.

I play Lucio or Ana when I'm the only healer. Hearing, "I'm not getting any heals" fills my heart with pride. Maybe one of the 5 DPS players can switch.
I've snapped. I'm tired of being told that I'm not good at healing because 4 DPS mains throw a fit if they can't play their precious one-trick. I'm tired of not having any sort of cover, and watching the enemy pick us all off one by one while the DPS "mains" can't focus enough to get one kill, or they scatter to the winds and expect me to heal/rez them when they over-extend. And most of all, I'm tired of the "I need healing!" spam. I've taken tank roles when needed, and I've given up my picks to let others have theirs. But no one will do it for me. No one will adapt to the other team's composition to keep Genji,Phara, Widow, or Winston off my butt, even if I'm right next to them. And when I die? All I hear is that god-damn spam of "I need healing."

Do it yourself now.

Here comes a Torb insta-locker. Ya'll brought this upon yourselves. 'till Valhalla, !@#$%es!

More. Healing. For. MEEE

Support main here, can I make fun of him?

Oh no another support main who thinks he isn't doing anything wrong because he plays support.
10/03/2017 01:59 PMPosted by Sulack

Support main here, can I make fun of him?

Oh no another support main who thinks he isn't doing anything wrong because he plays support.

On the contrary! I do plenty wrong as a support, but at least I try to do it. Unlike some people.
10/03/2017 01:49 PMPosted by unwan7ed
10/03/2017 01:31 PMPosted by Toriaxium

I play Lucio or Ana when I'm the only healer. Hearing, "I'm not getting any heals" fills my heart with pride. Maybe one of the 5 DPS players can switch.
In a solo Lucio heal situation, I make it clear where my healing priorities are at the beginning of the game. I tell everyone if you need healing, I will be on the point or with the tank (if there is one). If there's a break in the action, I will go to you. Otherwise, I will be where I said.

Clears up a lot of issues right at the beginning. Or gets a DPS to switch to a second healer or tank.