Anyone else feel like...

General Discussion
the devs are just changing things for the sake of it? imo there was no need for the mercy rework and seems pointless yet they went with it.
10/06/2017 06:12 PMPosted by Ordingandr
imo there was no need for the mercy rework

I think a lot of people disagree with you here on this.
Nope
imo
10/06/2017 06:14 PMPosted by Ordingandr
[quote]imo
if it's only your opinion why should the devs be influenced by only you?
The devs change things they believe are important to change. It's frustrating to see the changes we expect or want not pushed out, but give them some credit. IMO the mercy changes are very healthy for the people that play her, and her teammates.
Who asked for a Mercy rework? There was whining about Mercy like there is whining about every character, but the rework sure as hell came out of nowhere for me.
10/06/2017 06:16 PMPosted by Daddy
The devs change things they believe are important to change. It's frustrating to see the changes we expect or want not pushed out, but give them some credit. IMO the mercy changes are very healthy for the people that play her, and her teammates.

A resurrection on a cooldown, which forces her to be picked because its an automatic 7v6, and an ult that makes her fly better than Pharah for 20 seconds which is already untouchable by 80% of the cast...

That, to me, is the very definition of unhealthy game design. The Mercy rework is literally the most unhealthy, ridiculous change I've ever seen in a competitive environment and I've been gaming for more than 20 years.
the devs are just changing things for the sake of it? imo there was no need for the mercy rework and seems pointless yet they went with it.
A few months or so ago i seen a lot of people complain about the skill of mercy and how she is over powered for being a low difficulty and a lot of people wanted her rez to be changed too.
Be careful guys of what you write about the devs jesus Christ my dudes
10/06/2017 06:19 PMPosted by DolphinJake
10/06/2017 06:16 PMPosted by Daddy

A resurrection on a cooldown, which forces her to be picked because its an automatic 7v6, and an ult that makes her fly better than Pharah for 20 seconds which is already untouchable by 80% of the cast...

That, to me, is the very definition of unhealthy game design. The Mercy rework is literally the most unhealthy, ridiculous change I've ever seen in a competitive environment and I've been gaming for more than 20 years.

Rez on cooldown was a good change, but I will agree her ult feels really stupidly powerful. Many people suggested that when the round starts she can't use her rez for a short period of time after the round starts. Still a step in the right direction, just needs to be toned down a little bit, and heroes like Lucio and Ana need something else to make them feel even worth picking.
I actually didn't have issue with the old Mercy.
The current one is a bit too strong.
PTR Mercy is overnerfed.

Nope, I think they change things based on the players complaints, I mean look at how many buffs, nerfs and reworks heroes (mainly tanks and healers) have gotten, if the devs had been happy with each one they wouldn't keep on doing it but you always see complaints about each change.
10/06/2017 06:42 PMPosted by Seefer
Nope, I think they change things based on the players complaints, I mean look at how many buffs, nerfs and reworks heroes (mainly tanks and healers) have gotten
And look how many things the players have asked for that haven't happened.

They change things if they think those things need changing.