Dva's tanking ability is gone now?

General Discussion
10/12/2017 02:05 PMPosted by soggy2na

You can't cut/exit out of her boost

Options > Controls > D.Va only > Hold boosters = ON
Again tho, whats this about missiles? Do they auto fire or what? I never saw any when boosting and shooting the last game I played
10/12/2017 02:49 PMPosted by Nazrin
10/12/2017 02:47 PMPosted by Mocha

That's exactly my point. It's annoying to see such lapses in logic. :/ D.Va was fine where she was IMHO; sure, defense matrix was a little annoying to deal with, but it wasn't unbalanced.
she didnt need the rocket burst damage

she needed to be personally tankier for losing out on DM

i was fine with the DM nerf. spot removal and flick dm to eat ultis is still possible.

she has no staying power.

she has no staying power because she's not suppose to be in the frontline, or diving the enemy team.

She's still good at assassinating lone targets and mitigating the burst damage that comes her way, but she has to start backing off during engagements if she's taking too much damage, exactly like how Rein has to back down to let his shield recharge.

The only thing Dva needs now is either smaller critbox size or critbox damage reduction.

i was fine with the DM nerf. spot removal and flick dm to eat ultis is still possible.

I agree, she didn't. But she got them and we are where we are. Most importantly: she is still a good hero.

I understand it's jarring to go back to S2 playstyles, but that's what we got.
10/12/2017 02:54 PMPosted by soggy2na
Again tho, whats this about missiles? Do they auto fire or what? I never saw any when boosting and shooting the last game I played

They fire the full clip after you press E. that in unison with flying and shooting/DM makes her a deadly counter to lone DPS. She's actually a Pharah counter now.
10/12/2017 02:57 PMPosted by Jessicka

I agree, she didn't. But she got them and we are where we are. Most importantly: she is still a good hero.

Oh no im not saying she is bad

im saying we dont need more god damn dps players.
Or you can say this, she loses half of her damage soaking power, instead she can actually initiate now.
10/12/2017 02:57 PMPosted by Nazrin

If you want to DPS, honestly, take a DPS. You take D.Va instead of Zarya or Roadhog, just not instead of Rein or Orisa anymore.
10/12/2017 02:45 PMPosted by FupDup

If anything Blizzard has contradictory logic when it comes to new Hog and new D.Va.

Oh my god, dont even get me started on this. They dont even know what they want with D.va anymore do they?

First they wanted her to be an off-tank, aggressive dive tank like Winston, not defensive but purely for disruption and attack. Ok sure, but she was underpowered in that area and she needed changes to accomplish that.

She got it but was apparently too 'good' at being a bully, what she was designed to do and then changed her into another playstyle which contradicted what she was designed for. Then came the DM buff in Feb that sealed the deal, changing her from aggressive to defensive.

Oh but it gets way better, no matter how many threads and mega threads with proof from players trying to convince the devs to revert her, they wouldnt budge. Until DPS players came along and said DM is unfair and needs a nerf. Done and done, the devs oblidged, double standards huh?

And now we have a, D.va who is brought back to what she was originally is designed to be played as, but way squishier as a tank and a tank that cant even tank ffs.
10/12/2017 02:58 PMPosted by Jessicka
10/12/2017 02:57 PMPosted by Nazrin

If you want to DPS, honestly, take a DPS. You take D.Va instead of Zarya or Roadhog, just not instead of Rein or Orisa anymore.

Missing the point

we dont have any actual tanks that can take high ground properly

the best we have is winston and only winston.

we didnt need another DPS we dont need another front line.
10/12/2017 02:54 PMPosted by soggy2na

Please press F1 on the hero select screen, or look at your HUD in game. Missiles are bound to E by default.