"It's high noon!" *deflect!* *Mccree eliminated*
"Dòng zhù! Bù xǔ zǒu!" *deflect!* *Mei frozen, stab stab poke, eliminated*
"Justice rains from above!" *deflect!* *Pharah eliminated*
"Die, die, die!" *deflect!* * Reaper eliminated*
"Eat this!" *deflect!* *off the cliff Roadhog, eliminated*
"I've got you in my sights!" *deflect!* *trigger happy Soldier76 eliminated*
"Here you go!" *deflect!* *Tracer eliminated*
"Molten Core!!!" *deflect!* *turret betrays Torbjorn, eliminated*
"Ogon po gotovnosti!" *deflect!* *Zarya's team pinned ..."RYUJIN NO KEN WO-" Zarya's team Eliminated*
Highly Rated
Yes, being able to both nullify and then use an opponents ultimate against them with a move on an 8 second cooldown is overpowered.

It might not be overpowered if other heroes were just as strong, but no one else has a move with the potential to do that much - let alone on one of the shortest cooldowns in the game and on a hero that is already super strong.
Its a way to deal damage without taking damage, which is pretty much the way to win a fight or get in the position you want (alt fire and jump spam range). Deflect is in the top 3 abilities imo.
Most of these ults are rarely deflected especially mei, tracer and hanzo. For the other ones I'd say bait out his deflect or make sure genji isn't with his team or near you when you decide to use it
Sure, sounds OP as hell.

But please, tell me how many Dragonstrikes, Blizzards, Gravitons and Pulse Bombs have you seen reflected?

Because in all of my play time I haven't seen it happen more than once or twice.
I play on Ps4. I don't think that the deflect is op but I have to say that the hit box is just a bit too big. I'm actually trying to shoot someone behind or next to genji and he just deflect it. For example I want to hit the Ana next to genjis left cause he's deflecting but his stupid hitbox just covers Ana. I understand that it is bigger than genji himself but deflecting !@#$ that moves clearly around him is bull%^-*. Especially when I shot over him or below him.
10/18/2017 12:26 AMPosted by Imperius
"Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!" *deflect!* *Hanzo eliminated*
"Ogon po gotovnosti!" *deflect!* *Zarya's team pinned ..."RYUJIN NO KEN WO-" Zarya's team Eliminated*

That doesn't make it op.

All of this can be solved with higher iq and better game sense.
Deflecting Mei ult is hard because you have to be near her and thats not what you want to do as Genji.

Roadhog will only die if his positioning is bad when he uses it.

Deflecing Tracer's ult is hard and rarely happends because even if you deflect Tracer usually recalls as soon as she drops.

You cannot kill 76 by deflecting his ult. Same with Torb.

The other ones are simply a matter of not shooting your ultimate directly into genji when he is deflection.

I wouln't say its OP.
Called it, once Defense Matrix was out of the picture the next one would be Genji and his deflect.
The human brain seems to be a high skill floor hero to this forum...
10/18/2017 01:26 AMPosted by TurkeySenpai
Most of these ults are rarely deflected especially mei, tracer and hanzo. For the other ones I'd say bait out his deflect or make sure genji isn't with his team or near you when you decide to use it

I mean, you'll only deflect Mei's ult on purpose if you're a genetically engineered cross breed of a Eagle and a Owl, its impossible to see the drone otherwise.
Funny, not too long ago people said DM was OP AND deflect was fine as is. I would rather have my ult disappear than have it thrown back at me.

Either way I made the mistake, ulted at a bad time and that's how you pay for it.
Yah cause deflecting ults is so easy to do.
The cool down should be 10 seconds for deflect and the hitbox needs to be fixed. And the dash shouldn't reset unless you do more than 50% damage on a kill
Surely it just takes watching for when a genji uses deflect so you know it's safe to use ult?

For example i have a zarya ult, i have to watch both genji and dva as both can counter my ult, it takes that much thought to prevent it happening. It's general basic game sense.
It is, but I don't think they have to get rid of it to make it more balanced and I wouldn't want to see it gone. It's a fun skill and kinda defines Genji. What they ought to do is shrink it's hitbox to a more reasonable level and reevaluate the cooldown. 8 seconds cooldown for 2 second duration near invincibility might be a bit too short.
10/18/2017 01:46 AMPosted by poochie

That doesn't make it op.

You'r acting like deflect takes a higher iq and better game sense.
You people act there there is an ultimate being delected every game.

I have over 45 hours on Genji and have only ever deflected 2 ultimates (and both were in FFA)
Surprise, surprise. OP isn't ranked six weeks into the season.
10/18/2017 10:47 AMPosted by JellyandJam
10/18/2017 01:46 AMPosted by poochie

That doesn't make it op.

Your acting like deflect takes a higher iq and game sense.
It’s better game sense than

”Herp a Derp gonna throw my ult into Dva/Genji’s Face!!! >:(. WTF THEY ATE MY ULT NURF PLOS”