Overwatch on Switch

General Discussion
Exclusive Mario Hanzo skin, Luigi Genji, Winston Bowser, and Zaria Princess Peach. Hell while where at it give Symettra a cute Zelda skin too lol
I highly doubt Blizzard would put Overwatch on the switch, much less the Switch be able to even run Overwatch.
Yeah the game would need some significant paring down to run on the Switch's hardware.
10/19/2017 02:50 PMPosted by Mokinokaro
Yeah the game would need some significant paring down to run on the Switch's hardware.

It'd have to be at mobile-game level. The switch can barely run LoZ:BotW with 900p at 30fps.
You know every single switch thread is bashed, but if they actually did it people would enjoy the hell out of that.
10/19/2017 02:52 PMPosted by Zenith
It'd have to be at mobile-game level. The switch can barely run LoZ:BotW with 900p at 30fps.

If Doom can be found running on the Switch and not looking bad, I'm pretty confident Overwath could do the same.

That said, I don't see it ever happening.
10/19/2017 02:50 PMPosted by Zenith
I highly doubt Blizzard would put Overwatch on the switch, much less the Switch be able to even run Overwatch.

i mean if my (not bad persay but not meant for gaming) laptop can run OW at around 30fps i bet the switch could do so much more. And also, everyone argues that OW has to always be online, and since the Switch is portable, it cant do that, but Splatoon has clearly disproven that as well.

and also nintendo skins would be lit
*Rosalina Mercy pLEASE*
O man, I really thought Id get possitive feedback with the Zaria Princcess Peach skin

if it can run skyrim
it can run ow too

just turn some graphics down and boom

only problem will be paid thingy in 2018
10/19/2017 03:00 PMPosted by SuperMage
O man, I really thought Id get possitive feedback with the Zaria Princcess Peach skin

I don't think Zarya would fit well as Peach.. seeing her as a female Little Mac tho :eyes:
10/19/2017 02:58 PMPosted by Dawniee

i mean if my (not bad persay but not meant for gaming) laptop can run OW at around 30fps i bet the switch could do so much more. And also, everyone argues that OW has to always be online, and since the Switch is portable, it cant do that, but Splatoon has clearly disproven that as well.

and also nintendo skins would be lit
*Rosalina Mercy pLEASE*

Yes!!!
10/19/2017 03:01 PMPosted by TurtleGod

if it can run skyrim
it can run ow too

just turn some graphics down and boom

only problem will be paid thingy in 2018

i mean the paid online is relatively cheap compared to PS4 and XBOX, and Nintendo said themselves that some games wouldn't need it... though i'm guessing thats for games with limited online features like Mario, and not things like Splatoon and of course, Overwatch if it ever happened.

Overwatch isn't that hard to run, I'm sure the Switch would be able to run it at well. Of course, not with the graphical quality of the PS4 or XBO, but I surely low-ish settings at 720p would run fine.

The problem isn't the Switch nor Nintendo themselves, it's Blizzard. They can barely keep up with the PS4 and XBO versions, and even then they gave up on separate balance for those, adding a third version would just make things worse.
The switch has worse hardware than the Wii U.
Wouldn't Winston be Donkey Kong, not Bowser?
10/19/2017 02:55 PMPosted by Sheevah

If Doom can be found running on the Switch and not looking bad, I'm pretty confident Overwath could do the same.

Doom is running at 720p with low res textures and a 30 FPS cap on the Switch.

Videos make it look okay, but I bet it won't look nearly as nice on a decent TV.
10/19/2017 03:05 PMPosted by ARKETRO
Wouldn't Winston be Donkey Kong, not Bowser?

Roadhog can be donkey kong too lol
Let's see how Doom does first, non exclusive fps games have always done terrible on Nintendo consoles.

It'd be a waste of the devs time porting to switch to not even break 100k sales when they could focus on more important things , like fixing dva and bastion.
10/19/2017 03:07 PMPosted by LastDragonTM
Let's see how Doom does first, non exclusive fps games have always done terrible on Nintendo consoles.

It'd be a waste of the devs time porting to switch to not even break 100k sales when they could focus on more important things , like fixing dva and bastion.

I can agree to that