Question about placements

General Discussion
Pretty late to the party. I noticed that the season was about to end and rushed my placements, at the end of which (6W, 4L) I was placed in Master, roughly 600 more SR than last season.

This should be impossible as it never happened in previous seasons, where I was always placed at more or less the same rank. Does this have anything to do with busted SR gains for supports or changes that took place this specific season?
It's because they artificially lowered SR last season. If you didn't play much last season, your "actual" SR stayed at the higher value which showed up after this season's placements.
10/20/2017 04:11 PMPosted by Ixron
Pretty late to the party. I noticed that the season was about to end and rushed my placements, at the end of which (6W, 4L) I was placed in Master, roughly 600 more SR than last season.

This should be impossible as it never happened in previous seasons, where I was always placed at more or less the same rank. Does this have anything to do with busted SR gains for supports or changes that took place this specific season?
I went 7 and 3 and got placed in plat this is dumb fix this blizz
10/20/2017 04:33 PMPosted by Hyper
10/20/2017 04:11 PMPosted by Ixron

I went 7 and 3 and got placed in plat this is dumb fix this blizz
Wins have nothing to do with it, it's not because you win 10/0 that you get grandmaster. Mind that you also can contribute 0 to the win and you'd still get a super high rank which would be unbalanced as shiet. You've always been valued at your performance, if that is low then you'll end low, if it's abnormally high then you'll end high. That simple. You can win all 10 or lose 10 and have the same outcome if you have the same performance. + Your previous rank gets valued in too.