Console Report System is Broken. This is my story.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
10/23/2017 08:32 PMPosted by TheRugester
10/23/2017 08:21 PMPosted by ZeroSymbolic
Neverwinter is another Blizzard game I play a pretty good amount of, and again there I have no problems.

I am not a problematic player. This is a problematic community.

Ummm Neverwinter is made by Arc not blizzard. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter

Also not sure if you would be into it, but Arc made STO(Star Trek Online) and its a great game. I played it alot for PC and about 6 months ago or so they made it for ps4 if you are interested.

They're actually made by Cryptic Studios.

Arc is just the name of their game launcher.
Huh. I just found an old thread I made on Reddit about this issue 6 months ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/64pfu7/overwatch_on_xbox_reputation_issue/
10/23/2017 09:22 PMPosted by Comixfan
10/23/2017 08:32 PMPosted by TheRugester

Ummm Neverwinter is made by Arc not blizzard. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter

Also not sure if you would be into it, but Arc made STO(Star Trek Online) and its a great game. I played it alot for PC and about 6 months ago or so they made it for ps4 if you are interested.

Cryptic Studios would be an excellent name for Blizzard right now, because we hace no idea what they are doing, and they probably don't either.
10/23/2017 09:32 PMPosted by ZeroSymbolic
10/23/2017 09:22 PMPosted by Comixfan

Cryptic Studios would be an excellent name for Blizzard right now, because we hace no idea what they are doing, and they probably don't either.

Eh ARC, Cryptic, same thing lol. But at least Cryptic actually communicates with its community about whats going on. Here we see a post here or there about something but usually its just a blue answering a forum post as an example "Whats your favorite childhood game?" its like, hey great you like that game, how about addressing this problem now.
Still waiting.
Here is a link to a phone call back but its not under the right support topic but should still be able to help

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/overwatch/914/1078/channels
10/23/2017 02:00 PMPosted by ZeroSymbolic

I'm hoping for a developers response here. I've given you 1400hrs. Give me 5 minutes.

this right here made me feel awful.

people devoting a lot of attention and time to a game that has a report system that is broken at best.
As I've mentioned time and time again:

Surely a dedicated ban team could help alleviate issues like this a lot. It's really gotten to the point that nobody is safe from the banhammer, and it would also help alleviate pressure from the devs too. It would even help in being able to organize legitimate reports from false reports.

Oh, and before anybody says that this will never work, try getting experience of being with a ban team before considering posting. I am speaking this bit (the paragraph above) because I HAVE experience in this kind of field to know of its potential. I have about 2.5 years experience working with a ban team and over 1.5 years experience in LEADING a ban team.
Yeah they responded to my ticket.

Supposedly they had several people dig into it and are not going to reverse. I kinda doubt that.

Anyway, I give up. I will play the game until I hit Platinum or eventually get overstacked and banned outright, but I've started recording my games. So when that happens I'll just post the footage.

In the meantime I am trying to assemble a group through the PSN party chat system.
Boosting this up because I think it's important and because it's prime hours (previous activity was late night and early morning).
If you really didn't do anything then you shouldn't have been silenced.

Maybe reports for spamming chat count towards you being silenced? idk

I'm glad you posted this because I thought reporting on PS4 didn't work at all. So at least I now see some actions are taken.
I Reported at least 3 Symmetra throwing and putting teleporters off a cliff, they all laughed it off and said the reporting system was a complete joke and good luck on reporting them because that not only would i not get feed back but nothing would happened to them.... Guess what? Nothing happened to them and No Feedback. It's frustrating.
I don't do anything wrong. I just have a golden border so I get singled out, especially when I get queued with team-stacks as a solo player.
10/24/2017 01:30 PMPosted by JonCrane

I'm glad you posted this because I thought reporting on PS4 didn't work at all. So at least I now see some actions are taken.
Its an automated system so it'll eventually work once it reaches the threshold set but they requires people to actually report the problem people and not reporting non-meta mains causing them to be unfairly silenced. Its a huge issue that really does need to be looked into. Xbox's reputation system is being completely reworked specifically because games like overwatch(one of the head xbox guys posted on this forum naming it specifically) were causing people to be unfairly punished due to bogus reports and innocent people were being affected, I have no reason to believe blizzard's automated system is any different.
10/24/2017 01:43 PMPosted by Hobotripin

Its an automated system so it'll eventually work once it reaches the threshold set but they requires people to actually report the problem people and not reporting non-meta mains causing them to be unfairly silenced. Its a huge issue that really does need to be looked into. Xbox's reputation system is being completely reworked specifically because games like overwatch(one of the head xbox guys posted on this forum naming it specifically) were causing people to be unfairly punished due to bogus reports and innocent people were being affected, I have no reason to believe blizzard's automated system is any different.

I know its automated. No one is paid to sit and look at a million reports. OP said he didn't use mic so I was saying maybe someone reported him for spamming "I need healing" or something and that counted towards being silenced. idk their algorithm.

This is definite news to me, even if I'm not on XB1. Do you mind giving the link to this post per chance? I'd love to be able to read it!
10/24/2017 01:49 PMPosted by JonCrane
... Its an automated system so it'll eventually work once it reaches the threshold set but they requires people to actually report the problem people and not reporting non-meta mains causing them to be unfairly silenced. Its a huge issue that really does need to be looked into. Xbox's reputation system is being completely reworked specifically because games like overwatch(one of the head xbox guys posted on this forum naming it specifically) were causing people to be unfairly punished due to bogus reports and innocent people were being affected, I have no reason to believe blizzard's automated system is any different.

I know its automated. No one is paid to sit and look at a million reports. OP said he didn't use mic so I was saying maybe someone reported him for spamming "I need healing" or something and that counted towards being silenced. idk their algorithm.
You can’t be reported for that. That’s ridiculous.

Op just got reported for playing off meta. Because they can’t take action against your psn, they just silence you.
10/24/2017 02:09 PMPosted by Eternity
<span class="truncated">...</span> Its an automated system so it'll eventually work once it reaches the threshold set but they requires people to actually report the problem people and not reporting non-meta mains causing them to be unfairly silenced. Its a huge issue that really does need to be looked into. Xbox's reputation system is being completely reworked specifically because games like overwatch(one of the head xbox guys posted on this forum naming it specifically) were causing people to be unfairly punished due to bogus reports and innocent people were being affected, I have no reason to believe blizzard's automated system is any different.

This is definite news to me, even if I'm not on XB1. Do you mind giving the link to this post per chance? I'd love to be able to read it!
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745765155?page=6#post-113

I'll copy it as well.

"Thanks for all of the replies and the input on this.

I'm Mike Ybarra, and I'm part of the Xbox team. I was linked this thread off Twitter (@XboxQwik). First, let me thank you for the replies and the input in this area. It's really great to see the feedback, understand the issues, and think about how we evolve to satisfy gamer needs.

Later this month we're going to make a change to help here. Based on feedback from a number of people across a few competitive games, such as Overwatch, we're going to change how reports of players impact the ability for people to play multiplayer in games. In short, we'll change it so that it will have no impact on a player's ability to join and play multiplayer. It could still impact a reported players (this takes many reports over time, not just a few) ability to communicate with non-friends in multiplayer games, but it won't prevent them from playing.

We'll outline more details on this as we go forward. Please keep the feedback coming. It's our goal to ensure Xbox is a great, friendly, and safe place to play.

Mike
@XboxQwik"

Essentially what happened when devs would opt in to the rep system is you would eventually be put into a low priority queue with all other avoid mes, this stopped innocent people from playing games which was a huge issue and prompted change. Now blizzard only silences you if you have avoid me until your reputation improves which imo is still bad as innocent people are still being perma silenced for their "reputation" when they could be following the code of conduct of OW perfectly.
This post couldnt be any more realistic... its sad but its true... xbox live has the same issues... we are honestly better off without a report system... I'd rather let 20 trolls go unpunished than for 1 good fair and healthy player get banned for no reason
Hi, there!

When a player reports someone else for Abusive Chat, we do in fact check to make sure that the reported player used either voice or text chat.

Looking at the logs of all reports, you've received quite a number of unique reports for Abusive Chat since you were last silenced. For all these reports you were noted as having used chat. There are also quite a few games where you didn't use chat, and you instead got reported in those for Poor Teamwork or Griefing.

Based on the player comments accompanying the various reports, it seems even without a microphone you've been spamming voice lines, throwing, not helping, exhibiting poor sportsmanship, killing yourself, etc.

If you're trying to avoid speaking negatively towards your teammates, I'd double check your microphone settings once more, and make sure its not setup to activate when you speak. Even if you don't have a headset on your head, if you yell loud enough your microphone could pick up your voice while its on your desk, or something similar.