Console Report System is Broken. This is my story.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
Scott Mercer is the Content Cop of OW
STOP QUOTING LENGTHY POSTS IN THEIR ENTIRETY JUST TO ADD A THREE WORD COMMENT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
10/24/2017 04:27 PMPosted by Stryker
At least you'll be in some kind of youtube video now as consolation for the !@# you made of yourself.

Stylosa "can't believe it" inc!
Hi youtube!
10/24/2017 04:18 PMPosted by CucoMonster
To be fair I have no idea how this person plays and I am not defending them... however

Is that all Blizzard does? They look at the reports and that's it? Do they not check to see if it's true? Someone can simply say to their teammates to report a player for simply picking someone they don't like (Symmetra/Torb on attack for example) and telling them to say they were "griefing/bad teammate" even though they only played a hero they liked and were not throwing. Will they be silenced/banned just because of those reports? Why don't they actually check the games? Do they just take people's word for it?

There are system in place to validate the reports that are logged by the players behavior into report system so that Blizz can look at the actions and chat situation of each game.

This isn't justice is blind in this game this is straight out " we see what your doing and we got it here for us to see and read what actions you're committing to get these reports"

I been accuse of aim botting a lot most likely got reported for those accusations unfortunately for them I don't cheat and wouldn't waste my time or money to deal with such absurd actions. But logs can prove that I have not when you look at state wise on each game as my avg of accuracy I get per game is between 30% to 50% and I am a Hanzo main on QP.
10/24/2017 03:56 PMPosted by Scott Mercer
Hi, there!

When a player reports someone else for Abusive Chat, we do in fact check to make sure that the reported player used either voice or text chat.

Looking at the logs of all reports, you've received quite a number of unique reports for Abusive Chat since you were last silenced. For all these reports you were noted as having used chat. There are also quite a few games where you didn't use chat, and you instead got reported in those for Poor Teamwork or Griefing.

Based on the player comments accompanying the various reports, it seems even without a microphone you've been spamming voice lines, throwing, not helping, exhibiting poor sportsmanship, killing yourself, etc.

If you're trying to avoid speaking negatively towards your teammates, I'd double check your microphone settings once more, and make sure its not setup to activate when you speak. Even if you don't have a headset on your head, if you yell loud enough your microphone could pick up your voice while its on your desk, or something similar.

Welp, there u have it. :x
10/24/2017 04:18 PMPosted by CucoMonster
To be fair I have no idea how this person plays and I am not defending them... however

Is that all Blizzard does? They look at the reports and that's it? Do they not check to see if it's true? Someone can simply say to their teammates to report a player for simply picking someone they don't like (Symmetra/Torb on attack for example) and telling them to say they were "griefing/bad teammate" even though they only played a hero they liked and were not throwing. Will they be silenced/banned just because of those reports? Why don't they actually check the games? Do they just take people's word for it?

There are system in place to validate the reports that are logged by the players behavior into report system so that Blizz can look at the actions and chat situation of each game.

This isn't justice is blind in this game this is straight out " we see what your doing and we got it here for us to see and read what actions your are committing to get these reports"

I been accuse of aim botting a lot most likely got reported for those accusations unfortunately for them I don't cheat and wouldn't waste my time or money to deal with such absurd actions. But logs can prove that I have not when you look at state wise on each game as my avg of accuracy I get per game is between 30% to 50% and I am a Hanzo main on QP.
That's great and all but he said when it comes to abusive chat reports they just look to see if you used text or voice chat not what you've said. So if i'm just communicating with my team and not being abusive and get reported it'll show up I was using voice chat and that report is validated even when it shouldn't be.
Based on the player comments accompanying the various reports, it seems even without a microphone you've been spamming voice lines, throwing, not helping, exhibiting poor sportsmanship, killing yourself, etc.

But these are the kinds of things players will report you for just for playing an off-meta hero.

Not saying the OP is innocent, just that unless these player reports have some kind of data to go along with them about poor sportsmanship, throwing, etc., I'd hesitate to believe them because, yes, people WILL report you for these reasons even if you're playing your best on a hero like Torb.

Also, wait a sec...

For all these reports you were noted as having used chat.

...Is that it? "Used chat"?

Are there any examples of things s/he said in game to go along with this, or does all the system know is that someone was reported for abusive chat and did, in fact, use the chat system at all...?

Again, toxic players are notorious for using the report feature as a "I hate you for playing an off meta hero" button. If the system doesn't do any checking other than "Yup, they used chat" then that's incredibly worrisome...
Hi, there!

When a player reports someone else for Abusive Chat, we do in fact check to make sure that the reported player used either voice or text chat.

Looking at the logs of all reports, you've received quite a number of unique reports for Abusive Chat since you were last silenced. For all these reports you were noted as having used chat. There are also quite a few games where you didn't use chat, and you instead got reported in those for Poor Teamwork or Griefing.

If you're trying to avoid speaking negatively towards your teammates, I'd double check your microphone settings once more, and make sure its not setup to activate when you speak. Even if you don't have a headset on your head, if you yell loud enough your microphone could pick up your voice while its on your desk, or something similar.
You can get SILENCED for Voiceline spamming?????
10/24/2017 04:43 PMPosted by Destian

But these are the kinds of things players will report you for just for playing an off-meta hero.

Not saying the OP is innocent, just that unless these player reports have some kind of data to go along with them about poor sportsmanship, throwing, etc., I'd hesitate to believe them because, yes, people WILL report you for these reasons even if you're playing your best on a hero like Torb.

Also, wait a sec...

Are there any examples of things s/he said in game to go along with this, or does all the system know is that someone was reported for abusive chat and did, in fact, use the chat system at all...?
Yeah I'm not really sure just seeing that someone used voice chat is all it takes to validate a report for abusive chat if you can't even verify what they said. Not saying OP is innocent, but it seems easily abused and really not even good parameters for accepting a report
I've seen this asked before, but is there a rule against spamming voice lines? I rarely see this in games but apparently it's common on consoles. You listed that as if it's one of the many offenses he committed. Can you clarify?
10/24/2017 04:43 PMPosted by Destian

Also, wait a sec...

Again, toxic players are notorious for using the report feature as a "I hate you for playing an off meta hero" button. If the system doesn't do any checking other than "Yup, they used chat" then that's incredibly worrisome...

If I have a teammate who's playing something off meta, they aren't getting reported unless they are always off by themselves and not trying to work with the team. When they start spamming then it's a definite report from me.

One tricking alone isn't getting you reported in my games lol
10/24/2017 04:52 PMPosted by HarleyGibso
One tricking alone isn't getting you reported in my games lol

It's not even one tricking but playing a hero that's perceived as an off-meta pick that can get you reported, though.

And you say it won't get you reported, but I've seen a number of mains of off-meta heroes complain that they've been silenced for playing that hero. I rarely ever see people complain about just being silenced for "no reason".

I want to believe that the system is capable enough to weed out these sorts of frivolous complaints, but nothing Scott has said here actually confirms that.

In fact, he used phrases like "It would seem you were abusive in chat" which suggests that the system doesn't actually know... :\

Again, does the system have chat logs of what was said...? If not, then I'd hardly consider that valid.
I'm going to copy this from the Report Player form in the game.

Abusive Chat is:
Any form of hateful, discriminatory, obscene, or disruptive communications. Threatening or harassing another player on either team is also unacceptable, regardless of the words used.

So YES, if you spam character voice lines in a way that is either disruptive or would be considered harassment, then you could be actioned.
10/24/2017 04:06 PMPosted by TheReinhardt
10/24/2017 04:03 PMPosted by Rx4Death
... lol when you try to act like a upstanding player but jeff pulls out the paper work.
That’s not jeff
same thing tbh.
10/24/2017 04:59 PMPosted by Scott Mercer

Abusive Chat is:
Any form of hateful, discriminatory, obscene, or disruptive communications. Threatening or harassing another player on either team is also unacceptable, regardless of the words used.

So YES, if you spam character voice lines in a way that is either disruptive or would be considered harassment, then you could be actioned.

Noted.

But again, does the system actually have evidence of this? Can it tell the number of times a voiceline was used in succession? Does it keep logs of chat so GMs can see what the player said?

Does it track the length of time the player went without firing their gun anywhere near the enemy? The number of times they died via suicide? etc.

If players can be reported for these things, then the system had better be able to confirm or deny whether or not it's true. Otherwise the report button will definitely get pressed every time someone plays an off-meta hero and they have a toxic/tilted teammate looking for someone to dump the blame on.
Highly Rated

Abusive Chat is:

I don't know how to feel about this.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

This isn't justice is blind in this game this is straight out " we see what your doing and we got it here for us to see and read what actions your are committing to get these reports"

That's great and all but he said when it comes to abusive chat reports they just look to see if you used text or voice chat not what you've said. So if i'm just communicating with my team and not being abusive and get reported it'll show up I was using voice chat and that report is validated even when it shouldn't be.

Report has to match what they put down even if they were in voice chat and they make the report. If the report doesn't match up with what is going on in game then no actions will be taken.

But there will always be human error in the side of "mods" All log tell a story If you say Hey she/he playing a character the team hate and reports it. If the log say well he played an avg game that looks normal to us and was obviously not trying to throw the game no actions will be taken as the report was highly likely made to falsely accuse the player.

And I would like to say you can't send a report based on " Hey we don't like this character being played" That wouldn't fly to get a justified report. You obviously have to lie in the report to get what ever action will take and hope human error is on the side to get the result accusers want.

Personally I would suggest a system to rebut the actions if the crime doesn't fit the report take the accusers ability to report for certain amount of time.

There needs to be a check and balance system in this game when it comes to reporting.

Abusive Chat is:

Can you clarify if voice chat is monitored at all? Should I even bother reporting?