Moira lines in Gaelic

General Discussion
We better get some, so far every hero (except Reinhardt maybe) has a line in their native language. It’d be really cool to hear Gaelic (or just Irish) being spoken in a game like Overwatch
Highly Rated
Most Irish people don’t speak a word of Gaelic.
11/06/2017 02:46 AMPosted by MetalDragoon
We better get some, so far every hero (except Reinhardt maybe) has a line in their native language. It’d be really cool to hear Gaelic (or just Irish) being spoken in a game like Overwatch

Lucio doesn't have Portuguese voice lines because his voice actor doesn't speak the language. It'll be the same for Moira if that's the case. Rightfully so.
11/06/2017 02:48 AMPosted by Edsoulman
It’s taught in most schools and I’m Polish and i know some. I just said it’d be cool to hear it in a popular game
I'm hoping for some Bowie lines
I'd love to hear some of my ancestral tongue from a proper Irish lass (crazy and potentially psychotic), but it would have to specifically be Erse (the Irish language).
Why can’t some characters just speak English tho
11/06/2017 07:18 AMPosted by TheReinhardt
Why can’t some characters just speak English tho
There already are that do tho?
yes there will be Gaelic lines, it's already been confirmed 4 days ago by Michael Chu

proof: https://twitter.com/westofhouse/status/926650326681128960
11/06/2017 07:16 AMPosted by Nharzhool
I'd love to hear some of my ancestral tongue from a proper Irish lass (crazy and potentially psychotic), but it would have to specifically be Erse (the Irish language).

That hasn't been spoken in Ireland in a very long time. Irish is to some degree, it is taught in all public schools. But after that, almost no one speaks it throughout their lives, only a few communities in Gaeltacht regions.
I want them to put more Irish Voicelines in for her, it made me so happy when I heard an enemy Moira Shout "Géilleadh do mo thoil!" and I think there's a lot of stuff that could be added in time, such as hello ("Dia Duit" when directed to one person, and "Dia Daoibh" when directed at everyone) and maybe just general voicelines

Moira is my favorite just for being Irish
She's highly educated and cultured.
So it makes sense she would have some Gaelic voice lines.
She says "Géill do mo thoil" (Surrender to my will) when using her ultimate. Yes, she speaks in Irish, which is NOT "Gaelic".
11/06/2017 06:33 PMPosted by Cusashorn
She says "Géill do mo thoil" (Surrender to my will) when using her ultimate. Yes, she speaks in Irish, which is NOT "Gaelic".
Uuuum, yes it is???????

"Irish, also referred to as Gaelic or Irish Gaelic, is a Goidelic language of the Indo-European language family originating in Ireland and historically spoken by the Irish people."
She has several lines in Gaelic

This, unfortunately. It is nigh a dead language, and its extremely difficult to find people who can even read it let alone speak it.

If I'm not mistaken some of the only people who know it are people who have gone out of their way to study it.
I believe she has some lines, I tested her out last night.
They sound really cool and pretty, though since I don't speak it I'm not sure if it's accurate or not... it's still really cool to hear.
11/06/2017 06:04 PMPosted by Swivelz
I want them to put more Irish Voicelines in for her, it made me so happy when I heard an enemy Moira Shout "Géilleadh do mo thoil!" and I think there's a lot of stuff that could be added in time, such as hello ("Dia Duit" when directed to one person, and "Dia Daoibh" when directed at everyone) and maybe just general voicelines

Same. I was so excited when I heard her Gaelic lines and non-stereotypical accent.

11/07/2017 09:01 AMPosted by Essedus

This, unfortunately. It is nigh a dead language, and its extremely difficult to find people who can even read it let alone speak it.

If I'm not mistaken some of the only people who know it are people who have gone out of their way to study it.

I know a few people who speak Irish Gaelic, but Scottish Gaelic...

It's got both feet in the grave.
11/07/2017 09:05 AMPosted by Arfbix
11/06/2017 06:04 PMPosted by Swivelz

Same. I was so excited when I heard her Gaelic lines and non-stereotypical accent.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

I know a few people who speak Irish Gaelic, but Scottish Gaelic...

It's got both feet in the grave.

I have some very very very old family annals, some of which are written in Scottish Gaelic. Much of it can't be read anymore because of its age, and the only person in my family who could have read it was my great grandfather, who died about 28 yeas ago.

When he was still alive he actually use to read them to me when I was very young.
Im irish... hi to all
Irish is taught in nearly every school and there are regions here that only speak irish be it a very small portion of the nation.

Gardai(police) are all very good at speaking irish.
It is not a dead langauge.

Personally i think its great ireland has a hero in overwatch we might not be gifted gamers like korea but we are very passionate about gaming i read somewhere last year when a gamescon was coming to dublin that ireland has the highest per capita in europe for gamers and the highest spenders per capita in europe average age was 30 if i recall right.

Slan go foill
Slavs