Junkrat when nerfed?

General Discussion
Does anyone think Junkrat is going to be effective if they nerf his damage on his concussion mine?
At this point I would only want to ask for some changes to raise his skill floor, to actually require some sort of skill to get value out of him.
Just his ult charge rate. He's fine the way he is right now.
11/09/2017 11:33 AMPosted by SmellyToeJam
Does anyone think Junkrat is going to be effective if they nerf his damage on his concussion mine?

I doubt it. Everyone that defends the 2nd mine always says it's used for utility over damage.
It s a simple fix for the utility excuse. Make 1 mine deal no damage and bind to a different key.
Or let them choose just like Moira E ability
11/09/2017 11:33 AMPosted by SmellyToeJam
To all the people disliking my post, I play Junkrat but I’m just asking if he is if they nerf it.
11/09/2017 11:57 AMPosted by ZenArrogance
I doubt it. Everyone that defends the 2nd mine always says it's used for utility over damage.

Which is a bs excuse, if that was true they'd be fine with the mine damage being reduced to a more reasonable amount (like 60-80) so you can't get double mined and deleted by them
i think letting him take self damage from bombs and his ult along with an ult charge nerf (this makes junk have a weakness and also so he cant just stand on top of a reinhardt and kill him without trouble) i would also take the speed buff reverted for junk instead of the ult charge nerf
how about never? He is viable now, get phara...and do not stay on choke points.
He will be nerfed, it's only a matter of when. Blizzard invested heavily into esports and there is no turning back. No one actually thinks junkrat takes skill except for gold junkrat mains themselves.
Wierd how from plat and on Junkrat is below other offensive characters, I guess they must be OP too.
Dipstick
If the only thing they nerf is the mine damage then yes he'll still be viable and a good hero overall. I think the mines could go as low as 80 each and it would be much more balanced. Remember that the point of the mines was to give him more mobility to escape if he's dived and not to outright kill anything/everything that gets too close.

Even if the mines get nerfed he could honestly have a few other things looked at in regards to possible nerfs as well. The no self damage and his base damage are both very borderline OP aspects.
Junkrat doesn't need a nerf so, never.
Junkrat is fine.
Bring down the damage of the mines to 80 each. The reasoning behind giving him two mines was to add mobility, giving him the option to escape if an opponent dived on him. That could probably solve some of the problems with his fast charging ult as well.

I have no problem with Junkrat being an area denial type of hero. Aggressive diving and spamming of mines and grenades seems weird though. But if that's what Blizzard is going for they should probably up the risk for that kind of behaviour. Maybe add some of the self damage back again. Then he can kamikaze all he wants.
Considering he was effective before the buff, yeah
Leave Mines alone, leave grenades alone, 20-25% nerf to Ult charge. All he needs to be "balanced" even though he's not OP.
11/09/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Huckmart99
Considering he was effective before the buff, yeah

Lol every hero is effective a lot of heroes need buffs.