NEW! D.VA setting "Hold to Boost" like S76 "Hold to Sprint"

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
Thanks in advance for your consideration and this would be a great quality of life change that would go great with the recent D.VA changes.

Could we please get a D.VA "Hold to Boost" hero option that would work the same way as Soldier 76's "Hold to Sprint" hero option.
Obviously, if you keep it pressed long enough with the setting "on", you will just run out of boosters naturally.

With the new D.VA changes live as of 9-19-17, there has been a slight change to how you can cancel D.VA's boost (2 second duration) mid flight.

Now on live, one has to do a bit of hand acrobatics to chase down an Ana positioned around a corner.
For Example you will need to:

1)Start Shooting
2)Press Booster ability
3)Initiate Rockets
4)Turn the corner
5)Cancel Booster ability before 2 second duration runs out so you don't overshoot the Ana
6)Melee for additional Damage to combo with Booster Impact Damage

All of the above would be great to easily do within the 2 second duration if one unique hero option "Hold to Boost" were implemented and that is a setting similar to Soldier 76's "Hold to Sprint"

Thanks again and looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on this.
Didn't know that was a thing for Soldier but sure, I like this.
You can cancel the boosters with melee.
I get your point with hand acrobatics but Blizzard has better things to do and you could try button remapping.
However I like the idea, I do not think it will be practical...

However, good thoughts about it :)
This sounds like a great idea, I'm so accustomed to shooting to stop my boost so I keep flying over cliffs and into precariously placed wells and whatnot
pressing 3 buttons is hard for weak minded dva players
That would be a nice option.
This is a great idea and I really hope Blizzard sees this and considers it. Before we used to fire and cancel flight. Now that we can fire and missile while flying, it would be nice to not have to press Melee to cancel flight. It would be great to let go of shift to stop boost flying while still firing away.
We can add this. Thanks for the suggestion.
Highly Rated
AWESOME!
Highly Rated
09/20/2017 01:53 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman

Woo!
GEOFF THE LEGEND DELIVERS ONCE AGAIN!!!
Devopler on the ball today!
How long before a YouTube Video is made?

CAN YOU PLEASE RESPOND ON DOOMFIST BEING SO BUGGED THAT YOUR HITS ARE NOT REGISTRATED INSTEAD OF SUCH MEANINGLESS TOPICS?
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759276340#post-1

Don't go off-topic from this thread. Make your own thread if you want people to talk about it.

CAN YOU PLEASE RESPOND ON DOOMFIST BEING SO BUGGED THAT YOUR HITS ARE NOT REGISTRATED INSTEAD OF SUCH MEANINGLESS TOPICS?
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759276340#post-1

I POST IN CAPS AND BOLD LETTERING SO ITS IMPORTANT!
What's the problem with hitting shift twice?
09/20/2017 02:01 PMPosted by Deprece

"HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! WE ARE GETTING SOME MASSIVE D.VA BUFFS TORMORROW!!!"
09/20/2017 02:03 PMPosted by ElonMusk
09/20/2017 02:01 PMPosted by Deprece

"HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! WE ARE GETTING SOME MASSIVE D.VA BUFFS TORMORROW!!!"

LOL

THANKS FOR LISTENING BLIZZARD!!!