Symmetra is disgusting

General Discussion
10/23/2017 04:20 AMPosted by Kodai
Play an aim based hero -> aim like a mole -> complains about symmetra.

Your most played picks includes Symmetra... Just like I said in my post. Seriously, 11 hours..
The tiers that you hear people complain about her are typically lower ranks. Never hear a diamond or above complain about her at all. Her whole kit is setup to just destroy people that don't have the amazing skill set that everyone in the forums think every player should have. So in lower tiers you are talking lower mechanical aim/game awareness, her team typically consist of a torb, mei, bastion and mercy. Also lower tiers do have a lot of genji mains so there is that as well. I really wish they would look at her design and say okay lets make her playable at all levels rather than she is good at this niche so despite having a low pick rate and a high win rate she could have a more balanced pick vs. win.
10/23/2017 04:12 AMPosted by Elusive
10/23/2017 03:33 AMPosted by SeekGuidance

Thoughts please.

You are either a troll or you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

If you are being serious please put some effort into your future posts and do at least 30 seconds of research.

You have 79 hours on Symmetra. Just like I said in my post. All the Symmetra players will downvote because of cold hard truth. And guess what? It just so happens everyone in this thread here has Symmetra in their most played picks...
10/23/2017 04:28 AMPosted by Funktastic
The tiers that you hear people complain about her are typically lower ranks. Never hear a diamond or above complain about her at all. Her whole kit is setup to just destroy people that don't have the amazing skill set that everyone in the forums think every player should have. So in lower tiers you are talking lower mechanical aim/game awareness, her team typically consist of a torb, mei, bastion and mercy. Also lower tiers do have a lot of genji mains so there is that as well. I really wish they would look at her design and say okay lets make her playable at all levels rather than she is good at this niche so despite having a low pick rate and a high win rate she could have a more balanced pick vs. win.

Thank you! I admit I am quite !@#$ at the game, but everything can easily be rectified if played either of those heroes. Perhaphs not Mercy or Mei as much as the others but youre right.
10/23/2017 04:28 AMPosted by SeekGuidance
You are either a troll or you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

If you are being serious please put some effort into your future posts and do at least 30 seconds of research.

You have 79 hours on Symmetra. Just like I said in my post. All the Symmetra players will downvote because of cold hard truth. And guess what? It just so happens everyone in this thread here has Symmetra in their most played picks...

Except you didn't say the truth at all. You quite blatantly lied about her abilities and lack of counters. You have absolutely no leg to stand on so git gud I guess. What a troll at best.
10/23/2017 04:29 AMPosted by SeekGuidance
Thank you! I admit I am quite !@#$ at the game, but everything can easily be rectified if played either of those heroes. Perhaphs not Mercy or Mei as much as the others but youre right.

I have seen a lot of Mei lately and well Mercy is everywhere right now. But honestly I wouldn't get your hopes to high that they will nerf/buff her in anyway. Simply because her pick rate is so low. They have a lot going on in terms of balance at the moment. Until they make a decision if they are going to balance from top down for e-sport or balance from casual balancing is going to be a roller-coaster.
I would happlily accept any laser beam that needs aim instead of what she has.
You should get out more.
Or follow your username's advice.
10/23/2017 03:46 AMPosted by Bergmaniac
#AlwaysAGenjiMain.

1. You could say Winston, but she has an easy chance to rectify this by jumping around like Genji

You do realise Winston's gun is auto-aim, right? Jumping around doesn't help at all.
It's not auto aim, it's a blast cone. His gun is basically a flamethrower but instead of fire it throws lightning.

Winston/Reinhardt main here, and I didn't pick Symmetra a single time in the last 4 months. Symmetra is far from being overpowered. She can't kill a Winston without the help of her team - and Winston have a bubble to isolate her from her team.
Symmetra isn't no-skill - she takes skill in positioning, which is often a more important skill than aim in overwatch.
10/23/2017 04:25 AMPosted by SeekGuidance
10/23/2017 03:39 AMPosted by ColeRise99
She's not hard to counter. A good Reaper or Mcree can mess her up (besides the obvious Winston)

Your most played picks include bastion and Symmetra... Just like I said in my post

You are utterly clueless or a terrible troll - just like everyone said in this thread.
10/23/2017 04:26 AMPosted by SeekGuidance
10/23/2017 04:20 AMPosted by Kodai
Play an aim based hero -> aim like a mole -> complains about symmetra.

Your most played picks includes Symmetra... Just like I said in my post. Seriously, 11 hours..

Dude, I have more hours on symmetra being my 5th most played hero than you have on your mains and you wanna use that as argument? I play symmetra to make people like you cry rivers and rage because you are so skill less and too proud to admit it that you need to push your failures in the hero design.
If you had the same 11 hours I have on her you should now understand how limited and strait forward symmetra play style is and would not be here making shame of yourself, but instead you wanna be one of those crap genjis that yolos the entire game and blame symmetra when she microwaves you.

Oh and btw, my stats are like 6 months old since I barely touch anything else in this game that is not mystery heroes and death match. ATM I probably have double the play time that you have on any hero you played in all your career.

Git gud m8.

I down voted you because of your misinformation not because I play Symmetra, I'd downvote any thread spreading misinformation about ANY hero.

How about we go through how wrong you are

Why she doesn't require skill:
-Doesn't need to aim
-Can shoot through walls

Correct she doesn't need to aim with her primary fire/Beam.
She cannot shoot through walls, If her beam attaches to someone then they break the Line of sight with a wall it will do one tick of damage.
This is done because without it an exploit appears where you completely nullify symmetra using any object that can break line of sight.

The skills she requires are intelligence, imagination and game sense.
Part of the reason people struggle to counter her is because she often outsmarts the enemy and that is a problem for people who aren't that bright.

-Even her abilities take no skill to use (turrets)

They have LITERALLY 1 health.
Bad placement means they are useless.

1. All you have to do with the shields is point and aim:
-Her shields move through walls

What the hell did you expect from a shield, Solve a complex physics equation before you can use it?
Reinhardt only has to face the direction of the enemy, Zarya doesn't even have to do that to shield herself.

Shields from Shield generator do go through walls, If you are talking about photon barrier you need to do some research.

-Has no direct counter
1. You could say Winston, but she has an easy chance to rectify this by jumping
around like Genji

Are you honestly saying she can just jump around and avoid lightning that has 8m range and has 6m width?
If that is true then Mercy counters winston by jumping around.

Since the reworks all tanks counter her (If they are used correctly).

-Ridiculous range of her weapon especially considering its consistent DPS and tracking and wall hacks

7m
9.5m to break attachment.
Her gun has 3 levels of charge 30, 60 and 120 dmg per second, She gains charge at a rate of 1 per second and loses them at 1 per second.

I don't think you would be capable of doing the math but if you were and compared her damage to Zenyattas it is actually quite close.

-Has TWO DIFFERENT ULTS
1. At least her teleporter only has like 6 charges but the shield generator is
infinite and can be protected in a killroom with six turrets and a camping
Symmetra

And can only have ONE out at a time.
And heroes such as Zarya and Junkrat can clear these areas absolutely effortlessly.

-Can easily taken on any tank that requires aiming because of her small hitbox

Every tank in the game counters her if they are of equal skill level and actually know anything about using their hero.

-No cooldown on turrets (I think)

you could have looked this up in 10 seconds.

Do you know what else is 10 seconds?
The cooldown of her turrets.

-Her ult starts up in the first minute of a round (sometimes less) without fail

Only if no one checks outside spawn room doors before walking out into her orbs and turrets.

I honestly think the main problem you are having is that countering her takes some thinking and that doesn't seem to be one of your strengths
There's no need for the devs to do anything to Symmetra, you can nerf her yourself with some simple steps:

Don't keep walking through a door that's loaded with turrets, you can go a r o u n d

Practice your aim, then choose a character that has any kind of range. What can she do other than fire a ridiculously slow orb at you?

Don't want to get better aim? Choose Winston, clear turrets for your team, then jump on her.

Things I see people do against a symm that make me angry:
1.Keep attacking through that top door on Numbani that has a ring of turrets in it.

2.Going in without teammates. This is often combined with point no.1.

3.Insisting on playing Genji into it. Genji relies on being able to reflect projectiles, and being hard to hit with mobility. Not impossible against a Symm, but why are you making your life infinitely harder? Just switch. Bonus annoying points if you berate your healer whilst doing this, or spend the whole match shouting 'can someone kill this f*cking symmetra?!?!' over and over.
Why she doesn't require skill:
-Doesn't need to aim
-Can shoot through walls

Her weapon doesn't shoot through walls. Instead, if the locked target moves out of line of sight or exceeds the required distance for the weapon to stay locked, it disengages after 0.5 seconds rather than immediately, which squeezes in an extra 15- 60 damage, depending on the charge level. This isn't unique to Symmetra's weapon; Mercy's caduceous staff takes 1.4 seconds to disengage, for example.

-Even her abilities take no skill to use (turrets)

-No cooldown on turrets (I think)

Turrets have 1 hp. If you're not careful when placing them, anyone can destroy them from the other side of the room. Also, they take about 1.4 seconds to deploy and have 1 second cd before they start working. Also, their effective range is 10 meters (the same as Lúcio's healing / speed boost range, to compare).

If you clutter them together they can kill non-tanks quickly, but they're very easy to destroy, especially by Winston and Pharah. If you scatter them around and use them more like intruder alarms, they'll just tickle before being destroyed, since each turret deals a measly 30 dps.

Also, your turret stock is capped at 6, and takes 10 seconds to refill one. So if you deploy all 6 turrets at once, your stock will take a whole minute to get fully replenished.

1. All you have to do with the shields is point and aim:
-Her shields move through walls

As they said, the orb at the center is what's casting the shield, and said orb can't go through walls.

-Has no direct counter

-Can easily taken on any tank that requires aiming because of her small hitbox

She's countered by anyone who forces her to disengage, either by moving beyond her range (Tracer, Genji, Sombra, Doomfist, Pharah, Mercy) or by using barriers (Reinhardt, Orisa, Zarya, Mei). Tanks also have too much health for Symmetra to win 1 vs 1.

-Ridiculous range of her weapon especially considering its consistent DPS and tracking and wall hacks

Her disengage range is 10 meters. And as I said before, there are no wallhacks.

-Has TWO DIFFERENT ULTS
1. At least her teleporter only has like 6 charges but the shield generator is
infinite and can be protected in a killroom with six turrets and a camping
Symmetra

If Symmetra is camping a room with all 6 turrets, her team is playing 6 vs 5 in exchange for 75 shields, provided they don't move too far. I don't think that and sending a barrier every 10 seconds compensates. Also, you can factor Sombra's ult countering Shield Generator without even destroying it.

-Half of her health is shields

Just like Zarya's. Also, Zenyatta has 75% of his health as shields. I don't see how that's a problem.

-Her ult starts up in the first minute of a round (sometimes less) without fail

Even if that's true, it's a destructible ult that needs careful placement from a hero with no mobility. I find the most blatant example to be Pharah; her mere existence prevents you from placing anything relevant outdoors.

Reasons she requires skill and is a actually well thought out and balanced character with a good counter:

Whether she's well thought out and balanced is highly debatable, considering the amount of work she needs to do to stay relevant in higher brackets. But as many people have pointed out on these forums, aim is far from the only kind of skill needed in this game.
1600 SR player talks about skill
I'd say symmetra is perfectly fine as is..... with one small nerf (being deleted from the game), she'll be perfect! Nothing like contesting the payload solo as Lucio and dodging red team damage with skill and awareness, just to have the cockroach run out of whatever structure she's been hiding in and no-aim melt you in 1.5 seconds. At least I can deal with Winston.....
Symmetra is the worst hero in the game, has no range, easily countered and only useful on first point defences. The problem is you.
10/23/2017 05:33 AMPosted by PBPanzer
I'd say symmetra is perfectly fine as is..... with one small nerf (being deleted from the game), she'll be perfect! Nothing like contesting the payload solo as Lucio and dodging red team damage with skill and awareness, just to have the cockroach run out of whatever structure she's been hiding in and no-aim melt you in 1.5 seconds. At least I can deal with Winston.....

Spamming space bar now is considered skill and awareness? Good to know.
10/23/2017 05:53 AMPosted by Kodai
10/23/2017 05:33 AMPosted by PBPanzer

Spamming space bar now is considered skill and awareness? Good to know.

Happy to help! :)