The Mercy Nerf Did Absolutely Nothing

General Discussion
Honestly I kind of forgot she got nerfed I barely feel a difference.

Her pick rate dipped an INCREDIBLE 0.01% for about a day until everyone realized she was exactly the same and it went back to being 100% lol.
therewasanattempt.jpg
I am going to play Widowmaker in QP all day

[Edited for language - Moderator]
Oh small addition: her win rate went down a dramatic 0.05% so I can only assume the nerfs had their intended effect.
10/23/2017 04:15 AMPosted by greyleopardd
Oh small addition: her win rate went down a dramatic 0.05% so I can only assume the nerfs had their intended effect.
I can't believe mercy is officially In The Dumpster
10/23/2017 04:55 AMPosted by ÐickKickem
10/23/2017 04:15 AMPosted by greyleopardd
I can't believe mercy is officially In The Dumpster

Typical BLiZzaRd with their heavy-handed nerfs completely swinging the state of balance YET AGAIN.
Even if she got 1 single rez every team fight she would be better than ana.

The support situation is one of the reasons of the 100% pick rate. She needed a nerf, but that doesn't mean the other supports are trash compared to her and lucio.
I remember posting in the forums, an hour after the nerfs coming to live. Saying that it won't even slightly reduce her must pick aspect. People downvoted and ignored it. Mercy mains claiming back then that "now she's fair and balanced."

And i'm going to say the same thing here.

EVEN if they remove the res reset aspect of her ultimate, she'll still remain a must pick.
10/23/2017 04:58 AMPosted by greyleopardd
10/23/2017 04:55 AMPosted by ÐickKickem
...I can't believe mercy is officially In The Dumpster

Typical BLiZzaRd with their heavy-handed nerfs completely swinging the state of balance YET AGAIN.

Absolutely dumpstered. F tier forever. Unplayable.

She still only gets a free double res during her ultimate, along with free flying, chain healing, chain boosting, longer GA, unlimited regeneration, and unlimited ammo. What a joke, right?
pLeaSe dOnT NeRf meRcY It WiLl rUIn HeR
It was a huge overall nerf, but the fact that it did nothing to her pick rate clearly shows that its a double issue: that she is still too strong while simultaneously the other healers are just not good enough.

Just revert Mercy already. She'll always be better than the other healers with Rez on a cooldown.
It’s because Mercy doesn’t need a nerf. We need another main healer as well as Ana buffs.
10/23/2017 05:27 AMPosted by ImNotBrad
It’s because Mercy doesn’t need a nerf. We need another main healer as well as Ana buffs.

People keep saying this but also seem to completely forget that before the rework, Mercy was not even close to a must-pick.

So either all the healers were trash before Mercy's rework

or

Mercy's rework made her broken

Can't really see this situation where Mercy has no competition and is the only support that offers anything useful because if she were she'd have been a must-pick this whole time.
Wasnt this the case with Lucio? They "nerfed" him by making him way better. He never had such high pickrate though....
The only way to fix Mercy is removing her resurrect as standard skill.

Ana/Lucio/Zenny can get some minor buff but Mercy isn't picked because her heal is because she can resurrect people over and over staying almost unkilleable with Valkyrie up I mean I have 0 issues dealing with Phara but Valkyrie is on another level.

I mean you need an 1-2 ultimates(S76-Mcree) to kill 1 CHARACTER ... not even tanks needs an ultimate to die.

If mercy didn't have resurrect nobody would play her in high tiers because holding the LMB and nothing else is boring. Look at Lucio he is not being picked anymore because of Resurrect.
Nah, but it was a nice slap in the face for Mercy players that learned to manage Valkyrie to get a multi-res. Instead of making her skill floor higher, they lowered the ceiling so skill doesn't matter anymore.
No worries, seeing the last APAC tournament she's gonna get nerf quiet soon. Everybody knows she's broken ATM. And number don't lie ;)

Personnaly I find her stronger than before. The new guardian angel makes me unkillable
I dont think REZ is the problem for now. The real problem is Guardian Angel you can't kill Mercy in time.

Adding one extra second to Guardian Angel will make mercy more killeable and she will be unable to REZ as much she can
10/23/2017 05:36 AMPosted by Stavros
Wasnt this the case with Lucio? They "nerfed" him by making him way better. He never had such high pickrate though....

That's cute you keep defending Mercy with absolutly 0 arguments. Newt post is "it's the DPS fault ?"
I wont lie, as a Mercy player this is a buff to me.

She is mostly the same (Can double Rez in ult) but i can now fly past teammates making me more mobile.

WIN, still prefer to play Luciobro though.