Connection/Latency (Spectrum) 11-04-2017

Technical Support
Hey there everyone!

We are seeing increased reports of connection troubles to our various games and even the Desktop Application itself. At the moment the majority of reports appear to be players with Spectrum (Time Warner/Charter/Brighthouse) With most reports appearing to originate in California and Texas. We are looking to gather some information if you are using this ISP:

City/State:
Brief Description of how the connection troubles are manifesting on your end:
A recap of any specific troubleshooting you have already attempted:

Please enable the netgraph within Overwatch and play a few matches:

Take a few screenshots when you are seeing the extreme latency/disconnection troubles and then host them somewhere like Imgur and link to them here.

Run a WinMTR Test.

Some things you can try to see if they affect the issue are:

Flush your DNS Settings.

Try doing a power cycle on your system. Turn off all devices including the modem. Wait 60 seconds, turn on the modem, wait 5 minutes, turn on any network devices, wait 2 minutes, turn on your computer and try the game.

You can try switching your DNS settings to use Google's free public DNS servers instead of your ISPs Servers.
I didn't lc-202 code on all three of my Xbox Ones when I try to log in OverWatch.
11/04/2017 03:15 PMPosted by NightKnight
I didn't lc-202 code on all three of my Xbox Ones when I try to log in OverWatch.
I get
11/04/2017 03:15 PMPosted by NightKnight

Console players, you can help provide information by running a Looking Glass test on your console web browser.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/Diagnosing-Network-Issues-with-Looking-Glass
I have Charter spectrum and live in Reno Nv ...I cant log into WoW or Overwatch on multiple pc's or xbox.
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| router.asus.com - 0 | 194 | 194 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 39 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
|dtr01wcvnca-tge-0-0-1-1.wcvn.ca.charter.com - 0 | 194 | 194 | 6 | 9 | 32 | 8 |
| crr01mtpkca-bue-260.mtpk.ca.charter.com - 0 | 194 | 194 | 8 | 10 | 32 | 8 |
|bbr01stcdmn-tge-0-1-0-3.stcd.mn.charter.com - 0 | 194 | 194 | 6 | 14 | 47 | 10 |
|bbr01ashbva-tge-0-1-0-1.ashb.va.charter.com - 0 | 194 | 194 | 6 | 11 | 34 | 10 |
| eqix-ix-la1.blizzard.com - 51 | 65 | 32 | 0 | 16 | 47 | 10 |
| ae1-br02-eqla1.blizzardonline.net - 40 | 75 | 45 | 0 | 15 | 35 | 13 |
| be2-pe01-eqla1.blizzardonline.net - 44 | 72 | 41 | 0 | 15 | 31 | 13 |
| 24.105.30.129 - 45 | 69 | 38 | 12 | 15 | 33 | 14 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
I am having issues in SoCal with Charter. I kept getting connection problem error messages just trying to login to the desktop app. When I finally got it, I kept getting "timeout communication with blizzard servers" error messages while trying to start up Overwatch. When I finally got it running, I got DC'd multiple times and I got the red "lost connection to servers" message.
I ran Looking Glass do I need to type out that entire result
California with charter.

Tried restarting modem and computer and battlenet by exiting and signing out and exiting and relogging back in.

It mostly won't let me log in to overwatch and when it does it's only a few seconds and then it disconnects me. Same thing with Hearthstone. This site is even slow but everyhing else is fast.
@NightKnight: You can paste the results here. Do keep in mind though that the looking glass tests only show our connection to you, not your connection to us. So far in the majority of tests we have seen, the issue appears to be at the handoff from Spectrum to Equinix. This may not show up in the looking glass but we definitely want the information for our investigation.
11/04/2017 03:43 PMPosted by Kershew
@NightKnight: You can paste the results here. Do keep in mind though that the looking glass tests only show our connection to you, not your connection to us. So far in the majority of tests we have seen, the issue appears to be at the handoff from Spectrum to Equinix. This may not show up in the looking glass but we definitely want the information for our investigation.
I can't figure out how to copy and paste it from Xbox
11/04/2017 03:32 PMPosted by GOLDBERG
I am having issues in SoCal with Charter. I kept getting connection problem error messages just trying to login to the desktop app. When I finally got it, I kept getting "timeout communication with blizzard servers" error messages while trying to start up Overwatch. When I finally got it running, I got DC'd multiple times and I got the red "lost connection to servers" message.

I live in Los Angeles, I also have the same issue as you with Charter.
11/04/2017 03:49 PMPosted by NightKnight
11/04/2017 03:43 PMPosted by Kershew
I can't figure out how to copy and paste it from Xbox
very odd after about 7 hours of trying to figure out what's wrong OverWatch started perfectly on two of my consoles no disconnect yet. Too bad I got a warning about leaving matches early
Hi all - I reached out to BlizzardCS twitter earlier and they said I should post a traceroute here - this forum seems to be the most related to my issue. Charter customer in So Cal. Here's the traceroute info:

Tracing route to 24.105.30.129 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms www.routerlogin.com [192.168.1.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 10 ms 12 ms 12 ms dtr03mtpkca-tge-0-6-1-2.mtpk.ca.charter.com [96.34.101.185]
4 15 ms 20 ms 17 ms crr01mtpkca-bue-220.mtpk.ca.charter.com [96.34.102.136]
5 28 ms 24 ms 25 ms bbr01stcdmn-tge-0-1-0-3.stcd.mn.charter.com [96.34.2.212]
6 14 ms 15 ms 14 ms bbr01ashbva-tge-0-1-0-1.ashb.va.charter.com [96.34.3.139]
7 13 ms 14 ms 14 ms eqix-ix-la1.blizzard.com [206.223.123.52]
8 16 ms 14 ms 22 ms ae1-br01-eqla1.blizzardonline.net [137.221.68.33]
9 16 ms 14 ms 16 ms be1-pe02-eqla1.blizzardonline.net [137.221.68.69]
10 13 ms 14 ms 14 ms lax-eqla1-ia-bons-03.blizzardonline.net [137.221.66.7]
11 24 ms 15 ms 14 ms 24.105.30.129

Trace complete.
Its very frustrating that i keep dc'ing at the start of games losing 50 sr and now i got a 8 hr ban and blizzard wont overturn dc bans which to me seems unfair ive reset my wifi multiple times and still have issues
@NightKnight

Hopefully that continues for you and you can keep playing.

@Rubarbarus

The trace shows you passing through the same Equinix node that others are seeing issues with and while a trace doesn't include the same data we are looking for, it is a safe bet you are experiencing the same issue. Try the steps I mention in my original post. We have been seeing moderate success with the changing over to google dns, that might help you as well. In short the issue appears to be a routing issue and if you can change that routing by choosing a different dns (or in some cases using a vpn which is unsupported by us) that usually gets around the problem node.

@stridro

Thanks for the WinMTR. Have you tried the steps I mentioned in my original post. We have been seeing success with this from multiple players. The key is to try and get around the problem nodes, dns changes and vpns (unsupported) seem to help.
I got disconnected twice from competitive, hopefully I won't be suspended for too long ...
The issues i have gotten are the common extreme lag and disconnection from the blizzard server.

This seems to affect my own connection as well and seems to slow it or disconnect it entirely only to return to normal sometime later.

I can't say for certain if my two problems are connected in some way but any information will help.

While i do live in Texas, i don't use those ISP's listed but rather a small company of some kind. But since i do get these issues as others are reporting i sure my ISP is connected to those.

The one thing i should mention is that I am the only account affect by this as my friend who uses the same ISP is not affected.
I'll post here what I wrote on another post with more info:

1. I enter the game (Overwatch), play something, start to lag a lot then I got disconnected from server.

2. I enter the game (Overwatch), start to see my heroes stuff, get disconnected from server.

3. Enter the game (Overwatch), I just leave the menu open and got disconnected.

4. Tried to play some Hearthstone instead, while I was on the menu I got disconnected from servers.

All the cases happens between the first minute of entering to 10 minutes after entering the menu. Please Blizzard try to fix this, I can't play neither Overwatch nor Hearthstone.
I already contacted my internet company and they have no issues on their systems with my service, and I actually can use the internet normally but with Blizzard games.
----
I have already did the dns flush thing, I restarted the network devices, my video controllers are ok, with ethernet cable still have the issue and I closed the background apps; and I did it on two different computers.
The thing is that I'm from Mexico, even here have that trouble and the issue is (looks like) mainly from California and Texas. Hope my info helps.
Overwatch worked fine for a while, but as of about 11/4/2017 it constantly disconnects me. This is repost of my original post here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759396990?page=1

Logging into overwatch often fails (usually takes me several tries even to log into the game).
When I click to join a queue, it sometimes says unable to join queue at this time.
I will often get disconnected even if I don't join a game, but my internet is working fine.
I will often get disconnected in a queue, or during a game.
I have tried enabling the server and local limit in options, and it doesnt seem to help at all.
I used WinMTR to monitor the game. I got disconnected after about 1 minute, then stopped the MTR shortly after
I use Charter/Spectrum and live in Los Angeles County, California.
Would I be able to get my leaves removed? I think one more leave and I'll be legit banned, and it's all from this disconnections.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| DD-WRT - 0 | 30 | 30 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 6 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
|dtr03mtpkca-tge-0-7-0-1.mtpk.ca.charter.com - 0 | 30 | 30 | 9 | 16 | 67 | 11 |
| crr01mtpkca-bue-220.mtpk.ca.charter.com - 0 | 30 | 30 | 9 | 16 | 68 | 9 |
|bbr01stcdmn-tge-0-1-0-3.stcd.mn.charter.com - 0 | 30 | 30 | 13 | 19 | 66 | 14 |
|bbr01ashbva-tge-0-1-0-1.ashb.va.charter.com - 0 | 30 | 30 | 14 | 19 | 69 | 16 |
| eqix-ix-la1.blizzard.com - 27 | 15 | 11 | 13 | 16 | 20 | 16 |
| ae1-br02-eqla1.blizzardonline.net - 46 | 11 | 6 | 17 | 19 | 21 | 17 |
| be2-pe01-eqla1.blizzardonline.net - 29 | 14 | 10 | 0 | 29 | 141 | 14 |
| lax-eqla1-ia-bons-01.blizzardonline.net - 29 | 14 | 10 | 10 | 14 | 19 | 11 |
| 24.105.30.167 - 29 | 14 | 10 | 14 | 31 | 140 | 15 |
| 24.105.15.186 - 27 | 15 | 11 | 0 | 16 | 20 | 17 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider