Does new Mercy promote bad play in comp?

Competitive Discussion
Okay, so we know that the system rewards Mercy players for using rez but the last game I had we had a Mercy who would rez one of us when we got wiped and increase our spawn counter, to me that's pretty much griefing as far fetched as it sounds. I asked her why she was doing this when it's making us take longer to cap and she said 'I'll lose less SR', so naturally I checked her profile at the end of the game and whilst the rest of the team lost like 25 she lost 13? Blizzard look into this please because this new rez is so easy to abuse on the ladder
I expect new mercy will promote good play in lower ranks.

If you are not behind the big blue rectangle, you don't get a rez.
Unfortunately yeah, it seems as though you lose less SR if you get a lot of rezzes. I personally think most of the SR gains/losses for Mercy should be focused on assists, as they're a much greater indicator of how active you are in the team's fights. That, and when you have a player who is simply chasing stats, chasing assists is going to be much less detrimental to the team than chasing rezzes.

Either way I think the rez changes should be positive. I don't see any way it can be worse than the Mercy players who hold their ULT all game for 5-man rezzes.
09/19/2017 04:55 PMPosted by Manic
Unfortunately yeah, it seems as though you lose less SR if you get a lot of rezzes. I personally think most of the SR gains/losses for Mercy should be focused on assists, as they're a much greater indicator of how active you are in the team's fights. That, and when you have a player who is simply chasing stats, chasing assists is going to be much less detrimental to the team than chasing rezzes.

Either way I think the rez changes should be positive. I don't see any way it can be worse than the Mercy players who hold their ULT all game for 5-man rezzes.

i havent been enjoying it, its just a bunch of one mans, occasional duo queue that res is pretty much reserved for, its just less fun to me tbh
It'a not the new mercy. It's the performance based SR.

If we gain/lose same SR they won't be doing this at all.
The biggest mistake I see people making with the new Mercy is the assumption that "I just used my ultimate, I must go battle Mercy".

Guys, I know she can be great as battle Mercy with her ult, but she's still a support hero. You should, you know, support your team.