Counter genji+tracer+widow

Competitive Discussion
Can someone give me a tip against that? I just went against pretty good genji tracer and widow and with my team not caring and communicating, I don't know what to pick against those. As any tank I get melted, it's like tracer has no weakness other than her low health, she just melted everyone with genji without contest even if we had a mcree.

My season 6 has only been stomp so far, usually by tracer and genji mains. Add a good widow to that and it feels like I have no widndow of opportunity to do anything, kill one, get rezzed.
Widow is shut down by Genji, Winston, and D.Va. They should all go hunt her down, get in close range as fast as possible so she can’t chip them from a distance. If you can close that gap with most of your hp, you’ll probably win.

The best counters I know for Genji are Winston and Symmetra. Both of their attacks ignore genji’s deflect, and make it easier to hit him bc he’s so small and slippery.

Tracer is a tough one. I’d say Junkrat or Sombra. Junk’s traps stop her dead almost kill her on their own... plus pretty much anything junk rat does just explodes her so fast. Then there’s Sombra, hack a Tracer and she’s done for sure. No blink or recall means a very squishy and immobile character

Edit: sounds like a tough situation and I don’t know that any one of your switches could have done it. You need a team to take down a combo like this that’s doing well, but maybe some of these counters can serve as suggestions for team switches, to help fully deal with the situation
10/13/2017 01:08 PMPosted by momo
Widow is shut down by Genji, Winston, and D.Va. They should all go hunt her down, get in close range as fast as possible so she can’t chip them from a distance. If you can close that gap with most of your hp, you’ll probably win.

The best counters I know for Genji are Winston and Symmetra. Both of their attacks ignore genji’s deflect, and make it easier to hit him bc he’s so small and slippery.

Tracer is a tough one. I’d say Junkrat or Sombra. Junk’s traps stop her dead almost kill her on their own... plus pretty much anything junk rat does just explodes her so fast. Then there’s Sombra, hack a Tracer and she’s done for sure. No blink or recall means a very squishy and immobile character

Edit: sounds like a tough situation and I don’t know that any one of your switches could have done it. You need a team to take down a combo like this that’s doing well, but maybe some of these counters can serve as suggestions for team switches, to help fully deal with the situation

Thing is we had most of those and we got melted anyway. Comp games this season all feel like quickplay, really unfun so far
I love playing widow tracer genji(me) if everyone is pulling their weight its to many threats at one time and no single hero counters that. They cover each other's weaknesses mostly.

Monkey is your best bet tbh.
Winston with a pocket Ana or a really good Lucio should do the trick. Throw in a Zen and you'll melt that DPS comp no problem.
10/13/2017 01:03 PMPosted by PrincePipi
Can someone give me a tip against that? I just went against pretty good genji tracer and widow and with my team not caring and communicating, I don't know what to pick against those. As any tank I get melted, it's like tracer has no weakness other than her low health, she just melted everyone with genji without contest even if we had a mcree.

My season 6 has only been stomp so far, usually by tracer and genji mains. Add a good widow to that and it feels like I have no widndow of opportunity to do anything, kill one, get rezzed.

Triple tank. Not enough damage for them to do anything. Swap ana with mercy. GG
Thing is that, as I said, my team didn't care. I haven't got a single cooperative team this season so far. It's just awkward silence, random picks and trickling in. I got up to 3k SR last season but Season 6 I can't win a single game, I don't know what is going on.
id also vote for triple tank.

the only problem is getting your tilting team and dps mains to actually go 3x tanks, instead of each saying "i will be the hero, give me dps" :)

its also ridiclously easy to pull off, compared to the skill thats needed for 3x dps
all you need is a mccree for genji & tracer.
all you need is a winston to chase around widow.
10/13/2017 04:45 PMPosted by classick

A good tracer and genji will always beat a good mccree. Not even close. McCree needs the team to build around him to counter them effectively. Not saying McCree can't, its just extremely difficulty to do it without a team comp around him.
10/13/2017 04:58 PMPosted by Busterjangle
10/13/2017 04:45 PMPosted by classick

A good tracer and genji will always beat a good mccree. Not even close. McCree needs the team to build around him to counter them effectively. Not saying McCree can't, its just extremely difficulty to do it without a team comp around him.

Mccree at the same skill level of both tracer and genji will win. I main tracer, soldier, mccree, and I know.
10/14/2017 10:02 PMPosted by classick
10/13/2017 04:58 PMPosted by Busterjangle

Mccree at the same skill level of both tracer and genji will win. I main tracer, soldier, mccree, and I know.

Sure, what ever why not because if that was the case DIVE would of been so easily dealt with
If you can’t kill Tracer you deserve your rank. As a Tracer main I’m not going to go out of my way explaining how to counter but even Effect, arguably the best Tracer there is, will swap off Tracer with the right counters.
10/14/2017 10:08 PMPosted by Busterjangle
[quote="207575809159"]<span class="truncated">...</span>

Sure, what ever why not because if that was the case DIVE would of been so easily dealt with

Dive will never be easily dealt you are right. It just works better in the current meta because you can make up for your mistakes in positioning. Whereas in a non dive comp with mccree, mistakes are crucial, it is more high risk high reward. If mccree can land the right shots on tracer or genji and move on to focusing low hp tanks/healers, dive can be stopped every time.

In the lower ranks where people don't play consistently to their roles; dive will just seem stronger because there is less coordination required. Winston and Tracer (or genji) just jumps in and call out a target while healers spam their heal on winston is pretty much all the coordination needed to initiate.

Mccree will have the upper hand against an equal level tracer/genji while assuming the tanks & healers are equal level as well and doing their jobs.

You are a diamond player, you probably never seen good mccrees in comp.