please don't smurf

General Discussion
It's amazing how many people think it's okay to drop 2+ ranks just to terrorize low skill players. It's not funny and you honestly look pathetic that you're too wuss to face players at your skill level. The whole reason the tier system exists is so that high skilled players can fight among each other instead of steamrolling the newbies. Also, smurfing just to see "how good you can whoop silver !@#" isn't at all a good demonstration of your skill. Steamroll the guys at your rank, then I'll be impressed. And, yeah, I know this post isn't going to stop anyone from smurfing, hell it might even encourage some $%^-*!@ to keep doing it. But, just know that it's disrespectful and unsportsmanlike. Imagine if a pro athlete decided to crash a middle school basketball game. It'd make for one hell of a funny YouTube video, but that doesn't change the fact that that pro is a major jerk wad. So, please, for the love of Jeff, stop smurfing. You honestly look like an #$%^-*! with no life whatsoever, and that's saying something especially in the Overwatch community.
Oh, and if you are going to smurf, at least buy a new account! It's pretty @#$%ing obvious you've thrown countless games when you go from masters to gold in one ^-*!ing season. In that case, not only are you an @#$%^-* to low ranks, but also to players in your own rank.
Jesus !@#$.
I personally think they should be imprisoned.
10/18/2017 05:48 PMPosted by LoveMuffin
:(

Personally, I only have this account to practice aim heroes. My main is mercy, so I can't exactly pick up mccree out of nowhere at my main rank. I don't throw, or carry, just try my best to play a balanced game. Nobody seems to mind in game.
10/18/2017 05:32 PMPosted by Shepling
if you are going to smurf, at least buy a new account!

Most of the smurfs are newly bought accounts...
Their not smurfing at that point. They are throwing which is perma bannable now by blizzard. Just report them, they will get dealt with eventually.
10/18/2017 05:52 PMPosted by MercySmurf
10/18/2017 05:48 PMPosted by LoveMuffin
:(

Personally, I only have this account to practice aim heroes. My main is mercy, so I can't exactly pick up mccree out of nowhere at my main rank. I don't throw, or carry, just try my best to play a balanced game. Nobody seems to mind in game.

I am calling the police.
Kaplan has 6 accounts and brags openly about it.

When you have someone of that ethical mindset in the lead, how do you expect your community to be any better.

This game is corrupted to the core. This post will do nothing. I routinely join games where I play with 4+ smurfs.

Whoever said levels didnt matter a long time ago for skill level didnt realize how right he was until smurfing became this plague.
10/18/2017 05:55 PMPosted by iLiekRice
10/18/2017 05:32 PMPosted by Shepling
if you are going to smurf, at least buy a new account!

Most of the smurfs are newly bought accounts...

Not the idiot I came across. He decided to drop from masters to gold on his main account. This drop happened across one season -- one season! No one loses that much sr in one season without purposely throwing. Not only that, he steamrolled my team hardcore. He literally 1v6 us as Pharah. The rest of his team did nothing but ride his !@*%@%@!. I mean, I'm not blaming them. In silver, you take all the sr you can get. But, honestly, what a low-life! And he wasn't scared to constantly remind us how much we sucked in the match chat. hahahaha "git gud" hAhahaAHAH "you guys cant do !@#$" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHH... I'm mad, if you can't tell.
10/18/2017 06:02 PMPosted by Kezzerdrix
Kaplan has 6 accounts and brags openly about it.

When you have someone of that ethical mindset in the lead, how do you expect your community to be any better.

This game is corrupted to the core. This post will do nothing. I routinely join games where I play with 4+ smurfs.

Whoever said levels didnt matter a long time ago for skill level didnt realize how right he was until smurfing became this plague.

Kaplan smurfs?
Honestly I hate the fact smurfs go down ranks.

The MMR system is not there as a toy to be intentionally circumvented so you can wail on people "lesser" than you in this game.

It's insane, people feel justified to tank their MMR and play against people who the MMR system is designed to PROTECT.

And likewise RUIN their gameplay experience with impunity!

MMR isn't meant to just be a toy, it's there as an actual mechanism to protect weaker players from outright quitting the game due to sheer frustration.

Anyone making a smurf is doing nothing short of a disservice to blizzard by attacking their most vulnerable portions of the playerbase. Leading them to likely become angry, frustrated and quit.

And so yes, I feel smurfs should be penalized. They are intentionally circumventing a critical system of the game that protects people. They should be punished accordingly.
Meh, right now my smurf is higher SR than my main lol
10/18/2017 06:17 PMPosted by Fĭght
Meh, right now my smurf is higher SR than my main lol

You're one of the good ones. c;
Friends don't let friends smurf and play Overwatch!
Good luck on your Crusade. I think Blizzard values my extra $39.99 more than your extra $0.00 though. Go buy some lootboxes and then come back. /kappa

Now that the joke is out of the way, you are talking about throwers and derankers, not smurfs. There is a difference as throwing/deranking is against the rules. Smurfing/Alternate accounts are not and a system is already in place to put smurfs and alt accounts back to their true ranking very quickly. That's actually one of the main benefits of the performance based SR gain system Overwatch has as opposed to pure win/lose gain systems of other competitive games.

If you can't get your technical terms right, I can't take your opinion seriously.
10/18/2017 06:50 PMPosted by CheatinTom
Good luck on your Crusade. I think Blizzard values my extra $39.99 more than your extra $0.00 though. Go buy some lootboxes and then come back. /kappa

Now that the joke is out of the way, you are talking about throwers and derankers, not smurfs. There is a difference as throwing/deranking is against the rules. Smurfing/Alternate accounts are not and a system is already in place to put smurfs and alt accounts back to their true ranking very quickly. That's actually one of the main benefits of the performance based SR gain system Overwatch has as opposed to pure win/lose gain systems of other competitive games.

If you can't get your technical terms right, I can't take your opinion seriously.

Yes but like 90% of smurfs are throwing intentionally to mess up the system and be placed in silver and gold and just annihilate everyone there.

So smurfing to most people is the same as saying that. And no one in silver and gold should be playing against someone who is a diamond tier player or higher.
As much as I agree, smurfing makes Blizzard money while fixing smurfing loses them money, so the chances of this ever changing are somewhere around 0%.
10/18/2017 07:29 PMPosted by Sovereign

So smurfing to most people is the same as saying that.

As many people as you want can be wrong, doesn't change the fact that they are wrong.