Ok Devs, what did you change?

Competitive Discussion
For the last three days, I've been in mid to low diamond and I am getting into matches with masters and grandmasters on a somewhat regular basis. At the same time, I've also been thrown into multiple matches with people who are either boosted to diamond or who got there by luck and have no business being there.

Why is any of this happening? This has never happened with any regularity in any of the other comp seasons, so something is different here. Something was changed, and I want to know what.
It's getting to the point where the cluelessness in matchmaking is obvious. Jeff would tell you it's the community's fault for being toxic, otherwise they could have spent more dev hours on the matchmaking... when sadly it's the bad matchmaking that creates this toxic community.
09/16/2017 10:44 AMPosted by REDACTED
It's getting to the point where the cluelessness in matchmaking is obvious. Jeff would tell you it's the community's fault for being toxic, otherwise they could have spent more dev hours on the matchmaking... when sadly it's the bad matchmaking that creates this toxic community.

Agreed 100% the matchmaking incentivizes so much toxic behavior, or even forces it. Merely wanting to play with a friend of different SR forces smurfing, throwing and carrying.