MA project 'Thai hero concepts design'

General Discussion
1 2 3 43 Next
Highly Rated
Hello guys, I'm a MA, Concept art student.
I've finished masters project already, so I'd like share it here.
The title of the project is 'Thai character design for Overwatch IP'
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated !

FYI, I created a female character as a support hero, her name is Tara(meaning 'Water' in Thai). The character's theme is a fish, Siamese fighting fish to be specific, and a plaited bamboo fish which is a local product in Thailand.

Since I can't attach a picture here, please see a PDF file I uploaded >> https://goo.gl/xoTkrE << :)

Thank you !

p.s. I'm sorry if there's not much texts in the artbook, I've done that on my masters report instead.
Highly Rated
Dang that's some pretty good art. What program did you use?
Highly Rated
This is super cool
Highly Rated
09/19/2017 05:25 PMPosted by G0LD
Dang that's some pretty good art. What program did you use?

Thank you so much :D
Most of artworks were finished by Photoshop, but for the environment, I used SketchUp to do a basic 3D model first(also brought out some model from its 3dwarehouse). It's my first time using SketchUp actually, so I can only create simple model lol

09/19/2017 05:36 PMPosted by Sam
This is super cool

Thank you !
Looks awesome! Can I design a skill set and abilities for her?!

Edit: By the way, I mean the actual numbers, like health and healing per second.
Here an example of what I would do:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759366037#post-11

I'd post it here and make a new thread for it, with a link to here.
09/19/2017 05:58 PMPosted by Gungnir
Here an example of what I would do:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759366037#post-11

I'd post it here and make a new thread for it, with a link to here.

That's also awesome tho xD
Please do, I'd like to see your idea as well :)
Highly Rated
Stop drawing, you're making me jealous >:c
Highly Rated
09/19/2017 06:18 PMPosted by Zenith

Then I'm gonna starving to death :'c
09/19/2017 06:34 PMPosted by Purrfait
09/19/2017 06:18 PMPosted by Zenith

Then I'm gonna starving to death :'c

Honestly, though, I'm really jealous. They look so nice. I can only do slight 3D shading. ;'c

I really should practice more. Keep up the good work. :D
Highly Rated
That... is.... super cool. Like, super duper cool. That bubble ability would be so fun ingame. Good job mein freund, best of luck to whatever you pursue.
That looks amazing. Good skills and good character design and idea!
Finished: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759256468#1

Kept almost everything the same, but for balance I think the bubbled person should be able to break it. This way it is differenciated from Sleep Dart, whos primary purpose is to stop ults. Now Bubble is used for stopping flankers, but might break under damaging ults. It has a smaller cooldown. The damage it takes to break it is enough to only be breakable during ults.

Most of artworks were finished by Photoshop, but for the environment, I used SketchUp to do a basic 3D model first(also brought out some model from its 3dwarehouse). It's my first time using SketchUp actually, so I can only create simple model lol
Thank you !

I'm a graphics manager for an architectural firm and use sketchup pro everyday. You did a great job for your first time. Congratulations.
This is amazing! It's at least as good as any "official" concepts. Great idea, and great execution! You've got a great future ahead of you...I hope Blizzard takes notice of you AND this design!!

BTW, are you going for an MFA?
In the style of the game too, very well done.
This is so super cool!
This is really good! I like the amount of detail and research you put into it (though I guess it would have considering this is your MA project!). :P
Wow, this is amazing. You are so talented!