MA project 'Thai hero concepts design'

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 43 Next
wow, you are quite the artist and I like the hero concept
09/20/2017 01:08 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Wow, this is amazing. You are so talented!

Add this to your resume OP. You'll get hired anywhere.

Daddy Jeff, you know we need this hero in game :D
This has got to be the highest quality post I have ever seen on the Blizzard forums. Well done, OP!!
lets this be hero 27
Overwatch needs a new support healer, and your character design is beautiful. Would fit perfectly in the setting. Here's hoping this gets put on the list for implementation.
The work you've put into this is quite obvious, it looks really great and could easily be a character seen in the world of Overwatch. Being able to see the concept art too is nice, I love to see the evolution of ideas like this. Question though, what kind of map is Arun Town meant to be?
Please hire this person. The hero concepts are pretty cool!

looks like someone is gettin a new job!
The map is beautiful.

The character design and abilities also seem like they'd actually be a great addition to the game.

Well done, go apply to Blizz jobs right now.
09/19/2017 06:37 PMPosted by Zenith

Honestly, though, I'm really jealous. They look so nice. I can only do slight 3D shading. ;'c

I really should practice more. Keep up the good work. :D

You can also do it ! just keep practicing
and thank you btw :)

09/19/2017 06:43 PMPosted by medic
That... is.... super cool. Like, super duper cool. That bubble ability would be so fun ingame. Good job mein freund, best of luck to whatever you pursue.

Thank you ! and the same to you :)

09/19/2017 06:52 PMPosted by DrIDGAF
That looks amazing. Good skills and good character design and idea!

Thanks !

09/20/2017 05:28 AMPosted by Gungnir
Finished: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759256468#1

Kept almost everything the same, but for balance I think the bubbled person should be able to break it. This way it is differenciated from Sleep Dart, whos primary purpose is to stop ults. Now Bubble is used for stopping flankers, but might break under damaging ults. It has a smaller cooldown. The damage it takes to break it is enough to only be breakable during ults.

I've just read it all, it's amazing ! Good story and very good skill details !
I love your idea that's Bubble can be breakable too.
Also, the ult is awesome, that's a quite huge support ! and all that emotes, highlight intro are truly adorable.
You make me see how she's gonna be in the real game xD
Thank you soooo much for sharing your idea !

09/20/2017 05:33 AMPosted by Grant

I'm a graphics manager for an architectural firm and use sketchup pro everyday. You did a great job for your first time. Congratulations.

Thank you :)

09/20/2017 05:55 AMPosted by MightyShoe
This is amazing! It's at least as good as any "official" concepts. Great idea, and great execution! You've got a great future ahead of you...I hope Blizzard takes notice of you AND this design!!

BTW, are you going for an MFA?

Thank you ! even they don't see this post, it's totally fine since I've already got good feedbacks here from you all ! I'm really happy now :)
and I don't think I'll go for MFA, I already have a plan after graduated ;)

09/20/2017 05:59 AMPosted by Kennen
In the style of the game too, very well done.

I'm glad to hear this ! because my aim on this project was trying to capture the art style of game.

09/20/2017 11:18 AMPosted by Tessman
This is so super cool!

Thanks !

09/20/2017 11:23 AMPosted by PARANOIA
This is really good! I like the amount of detail and research you put into it (though I guess it would have considering this is your MA project!). :P

lol thanks ! I almost died when I was doing a research tho :c
That bubble ability is super interesting. I like the idea of using it on enemies, but imagine using it on allies too? Moving allies out of harms' way and putting them in better positions to help in the fight. Granted, it could be misused, but 2 seconds isn't that long of a time thankfully. Could let the player in the bubble cancel it by moving or shooting I suppose.

I love the idea of healing drones. I've wanted a healer that has some kind of automated healing on demand (think dispensers in TF2).

Blizzard, get this dude's contact info!
I must give credit where it's due. Excellent work!
Highly Rated

OH MY... I've just seen your comment ! Thank you so soo much xD
Actually looks pretty cool
Amazing job!!!
Omg this is fantastical !!! Really well done, As a fashion designer/model, I find this to be actually really gorgeous (Like i want it as real clothes) !!

I love how you really went with the orginal overwatch artstyle but really gave it you're own touch and a good origin/ back story !

Jeff, fvck hero 26, this is what we want !!!!!
You know normally I despise seeing these types of threads, but you've really outdone yourself here and it's extremely impressive. It's leagues beyond the usual stuff this forum sees when people throw up their fan characters.

And on an unrelated note

I'll just be saving this quote for later.
Amazing Artwork O.O

Everthing fits perfectly, that love to all the details, just amazing.

Would'nt be surprised if you soon recieve a Mail in your inbox tagged by Blizz ;)
I'm just baffled. Extraordinary work.
We all know where your will work soon :D

Wish you the best for your future :)