Genji was buffed on PTR (Confirmed bug)

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
Ana, bastion, torb and symm still in their current state while genji receives a buff and mei gets NERFED, LOL
Mmmmm I think it's time for me to take a long break from Overwatch :^)
10/04/2017 04:26 PMPosted by JimmyCarter
10/04/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Kekstarter
yes, seems like it's indeed halved.

If this is true, this is actually a serious nerf to Genji.. At least.
Kind of a pointless nerf if you ask me. Why would they nerf something you're not supposed to shoot at?
Considering the dragonblade animation time was a window for the sleep dart, although painfully tiny one, Ana is nerfed once more.
10/04/2017 04:07 PMPosted by Stimpak
What a wonderful time to be taking a break from OW and replaying Mass Effect 1-3
I did exaclty that for the last 2 months, i highly recomnd it

pd: Liara all the way
DPS MAINS GOT NO BRAINS.
10/04/2017 05:09 PMPosted by Oizen
DPS MAINS GOT NO BRAINS.
dont group all of the dps main together. I am just as freaked out about the changes in the ptr as any other person is.
10/04/2017 03:54 PMPosted by Needles
and DPS wins again!

Actually no, this is a loss for everyone because one of genji's semi counters is DPS and not only that it means all the other DPS characters are just going to become irrelevant except tracer.

If I had to guess this was an e-sports move. Thats an assumption though, they have never really touched tracer or genji (yes I am aware of the triple jump nerf, dragonblade, etc etc) but those in comparison didnt really do much. They just limited him in some areas but hes still dominant. They and many people on the forums and youtube have made a point of tracer and genji being the most "exciting" heros too watch in esports matches.. (which honestly after watching genji match ups in pro level matches I can honestly say after the first few times its boring af). Of course tracer will still be extremely useful but now....christ, we're not gonna have a very fun time if these changes go through.
Lotsa armchair balance experts out today. Y'all are acting like things like this can't be changed.
now you can press Q and hammer the LMB and kill every 200HP hero before the "blade draw"-animation is even finished

https://youtu.be/ZwoN-f7Jtzk
To my knowledge, I have never asked for a Genji nerf. Having said that, if they actually buff him, I quit.
10/04/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Gaze
People are saying that deflected damage is now halved however, anyone want to confirm that?

That's REALLY hard for one person to confirm. It's not like the enemy is going to stop and tell you what the damage numbers were. It's interesting if it's true, though.
i mean theres always the bots that shoot at you in the practice range.
10/04/2017 03:53 PMPosted by UNBREAKABLE
You can swing dragonblade faster after pressing Q, and stunning him during his animation no longer cancels the ult.
They need to drop that first part and keep the second part.
Im so happy i hv uninstalled this broken unbalanced Game -.-

Genji Buff ? That jumping Green Hair Kid whit a broken Deflect Hitbox that gets 90% of all PotG whit his Ultimate ? WTF Blizzard ? How we can take u guys Seriously ?

here is a Idea for the next Patch : Remove all other 24 Heroes from the Game and replace them whit Genji Clones and call the Game GENJIWATCH ( It is already Genjiwatch lol )

I was thinking to reinstall the Game again if the Halloween Events start to get the new Orisa Items ( if she gets some ) but after seeing this nope im full done whit this Game -.-
Genji being able to swing while he is pulling out his sword is a bug, though stuns not canceling his ult is an intended change. We did a consistency pass on a number of ults and in some cases changed some outliers so they work like other similar ults. For example, it has always been the case that if you stunned Soldier: 76, Winston, or Bastion right after they ult (while they are animating), it does not cancel their ult. This change makes Genji's ult work like other 'transformation' ults in this regard now.

We'll have some more details when the patch notes get updated for the patch that is currently on the PTR.
Ok...

That actually makes sense. Im fine with that. Just fix the bug though.
10/04/2017 06:10 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Genji being able to swing while he is pulling out his sword is a bug, though stuns not canceling his ult is an intended change. We did a consistency pass on a number of ults and in some cases changed some outliers so they work like other similar ults. For example, it has always been the case that if you stunned Soldier: 76, Winston, or Bastion right after they ult (while they are animating), it does not cancel their ult. This change makes Genji's ult work like other 'transformation' ults in this regard now.

We'll have some more details when the patch notes get updated for the patch that is currently on the PTR.

So 8 swings was not intended?

Even so, I think getting stunned right after your ult should result in a total loss of ult charge. But since he is now more open to a punish, I suppose this change is for the better.

I'd prefer comments on the outrageous mercy changes, or if the Lucio and Junkrat changes are bugs or not. Still, it's good to know even a little bit.

Thanks Geoff.

This is a nerf. Do you know how many times I've died right after transforming to flashbang? Come on. I lose my entire ult.
Thanks.