Genji was buffed on PTR (Confirmed bug)

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 10 Next
10/04/2017 09:14 PMPosted by Wendigo
10/04/2017 09:03 PMPosted by UNBREAKABLE
People hate Genji so much at this point they hate anything that helps him out, even if it is a bug fix or something to make things more consistent.

Hmm yes, someone who co-dominated an entire season of META and has always been on the up and up should always be 3-star minimum! Oh, Bastion and Ana? No, they had three weeks of being good! No, they can stay trash-tier for multiple seasons.

But Genji is cool though.
Remember guys blizzard got to keep up their esports and keep the poster children of esports better than everyone else, even though they said that this game wouldnt be centered on a competitive aspect. Thats right blizzard keep trying to salvage your failure at esports.
10/04/2017 09:03 PMPosted by UNBREAKABLE
People hate Genji so much at this point they hate anything that helps him out, even if it is a bug fix or something to make things more consistent.

Hmm yes, someone who co-dominated an entire season of META and has always been on the up and up should always be 3-star minimum! Oh, Bastion and Ana? No, they had three weeks of being good! No, they can stay trash-tier for multiple seasons.

what are you even getting at
10/04/2017 09:19 PMPosted by scayman223

METAs must constantly evolve. Characters that prove too efficient get nerfs, characters that have a 60%+ pickrate get nerfed into oblivion, and characters that are inefficient or grossly unpopular get buffs. Mix things up, dammit!
Still waiting for the character that digs landmines and oneshots flankers.
10/04/2017 09:22 PMPosted by Wendigo
10/04/2017 09:19 PMPosted by scayman223

METAs must constantly evolve. Characters that prove too efficient get nerfs, characters that have a 60%+ pickrate get nerfed into oblivion, and characters that are inefficient or grossly unpopular get buffs. Mix things up, dammit!

I can only hear whining which you try to hide under the pretext of saying someone is used to much. In case of genji raw numbers doesn't lie he isn't even used that much in comp. also his win rates are subpar. I'd say nerf junkrat more too easy for the efficiency he brings.
10/04/2017 11:48 PMPosted by ZimtCookie
10/04/2017 09:22 PMPosted by Wendigo

I can only hear whining which you try to hide under the pretext of saying someone is used to much. In case of genji raw numbers doesn't lie he isn't even used that much in comp. also his win rates are subpar. I'd say nerf junkrat more too easy for the efficiency he brings.

Well said. The numbers actually technically say junk and 76 are the most powerful dps. Well as accurate as overbuff is anyways.
I really want to know what are the devs smoking..
I think McCree should shoot its bullets if he's sleeped while ulting, to put him in line with the heroes whose ults are not cancelled by a sleep.
10/04/2017 06:10 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Genji being able to swing while he is pulling out his sword is a bug, though stuns not canceling his ult is an intended change. We did a consistency pass on a number of ults and in some cases changed some outliers so they work like other similar ults. For example, it has always been the case that if you stunned Soldier: 76, Winston, or Bastion right after they ult (while they are animating), it does not cancel their ult. This change makes Genji's ult work like other 'transformation' ults in this regard now.

We'll have some more details when the patch notes get updated for the patch that is currently on the PTR.

What about fixing Genji deflect and swift strike/dragonblade hitboxes like you did on Doomfist rocket punch? It's 10x more important. This in my eyes is favoritism towards him.
All games should be balanced around the highest levels of play. This one included.
10/04/2017 03:54 PMPosted by Needles
and DPS wins again!

This is such a childish comment. And look at all those upvotes.
10/04/2017 06:10 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Genji being able to swing while he is pulling out his sword is a bug, though stuns not canceling his ult is an intended change. We did a consistency pass on a number of ults and in some cases changed some outliers so they work like other similar ults. For example, it has always been the case that if you stunned Soldier: 76, Winston, or Bastion right after they ult (while they are animating), it does not cancel their ult. This change makes Genji's ult work like other 'transformation' ults in this regard now.

We'll have some more details when the patch notes get updated for the patch that is currently on the PTR.
Wow bliz.... you realy hate mccree huh?
10/04/2017 11:59 PMPosted by Krombopulos
10/04/2017 03:54 PMPosted by Needles
and DPS wins again!

This is such a childish comment. And look at all those upvotes.

When that comment was posted people seriously thought they made Genji swing faster. That was before we got the blue post.
EDIT: oh I just read the post above mine, I guess people thought the faster swing was intentional.
Blizzard, you are the most epic fail of a company ever. Your balance team, Jeff, everyone - need MRIs done in your head. Your "Balancing act" is just outright disgusting. You buff the most OP character in the game, you give 2 bombs to one of the strongest characters in the game, you can't patch a scatter shot that can 1-shot a tank... something is srsly wrong.

And you think why we get 5 DPS every match. No one wants to heal
Another case of people freaking out before learning the whole story. When will you people learn?
These one line comments are so dumb. They gave genji a luxury which the other heroes also enjoy in other classes too. You are all behaving as if they gave genji some unfair advantage over others.
I help you blizzard with genji

Genji can't be healed anymore. Dash is on a 30 seconds cooldown. Health should be 50. His ult should be deflect. Can only wall climb for 0.5 seconds. Can only double jump on a 5 seconds cooldown. Dragonblade can only be used once in 60 seconds and only doing 1 hit and has 50% of the damage as it has now.
And change things about him every week. This sounds fair. I know I am harsh but he has been too good for too long.
So let me get this straight.

Genji:
1. Gets his refund while casting ult removed.
2. Devs say "Awww, poor thing, here have some buff, now your ult can't be canceled by stuns". Cause Genji is "doing OW things" and Devs "Love to watch Genji and Tracer pro plays"

Mei:
1. Gets a bug that adds cast time to her ultimate (1,5 seconds). Before that ult would just go off when Mei dies, no matter what. Like Grav or D.Va's self destruct.
2. Gets a compensation as a fix (refund of ult if dies while casting). It is still arguably worse than release version.
3. In current PTR patch they remove compensation and leave the cast time, because F*** MEI. I see no other reason. Devs apparently don't like to see Mei played at all. Well F****** done.

I am now officially playing for hero hated both by Players and Developers alike. Good thing to know, very encouraging.

P.S. Just to clarify, all this time I was opposing all Genji nerf threads. I still don't think he needs a nerf. But he sure as hell needed compensation less than alread weak hero affected by this change (Mei). Yet, she gets nothing. Not even come back to the way her ult worked at release(