Mercy change is...

PTR Feedback
Great. Thank you Blizzard!
Shower me with your downvotes, cheap mercy mains!
i mean... it could be worse
I don't know. 75% speed reduction feels way to strong. Should test 50% 60% and 70% speed reduction.
The 75% move speed decrease is ridiculous, I find this short range resurrecting make Mercy exposes and get killed easy enough. I truly think buffing other supports is a much better way to reduce Mercy's pick rate. Sorry for bad English.
Why are Mercy mains cheap? Because they enjoy a character you don't like? Or couldn't deal with?
11/02/2017 09:28 AMPosted by Rachel
Why are Mercy mains cheap? Because they enjoy a character you don't like? Or couldn't deal with?

Not all of them are. Just the brigade that downvotes any positive feedback regarding the much-needed and potentially well-designed Mercy nerf.
it's balanced.

Reviving on the spot is an immensely high reward ability and needs an immensely high risk, just like how every other character has risk vs reward

it weakens her revive outside of ult, but her reviving ability is unhindered while ulting (no movement penalty or cast time, haven't tested myself but i do believe she still has the revive charge upon ulting so she can save it for two man insta res)

it's almost like this game revolves around teamwork or something.
I like the Mercy changes. Hopfully Mercy will no longer be a mustpick in all comp matches and her insane pickrate will go down
the only problems i have with it is that rez can't be cancelled if you need to get away for whatever reason, i'd like if they'd add that. also 75% speed reduction feels like too much. i know it needs to be able to be countered, so maybe try out 50% and increase it from there if it's too fast? but 75% is just... a lot.
The speed reduction combined with no cast time indicator feels like a lag spike. I was hoping for a circular cast time indicator around the target character's portrait or a brief 3rd person perspective zoom out of mercy during the rez. It really just seems clunky right now.
11/02/2017 05:53 PMPosted by Plebcity
The speed reduction combined with no cast time indicator feels like a lag spike. I was hoping for a circular cast time indicator around the target character's portrait or a brief 3rd person perspective zoom out of mercy during the rez. It really just seems clunky right now.

I think that's the sort of constructive feedback that really ought to go in its own thread. I'm not sure 3rd person is a good idea, myself, since that will make it harder to see threats.
She feels SO much better on PTR now. I was feeling so exhausted with Mercy Meta.
11/02/2017 02:35 PMPosted by Chrystal
it's balanced.

Reviving on the spot is an immensely high reward ability and needs an immensely high risk, just like how every other character has risk vs reward

it weakens her revive outside of ult, but her reviving ability is unhindered while ulting (no movement penalty or cast time, haven't tested myself but i do believe she still has the revive charge upon ulting so she can save it for two man insta res)

it's almost like this game revolves around teamwork or something.

The risk is way to high, and the uninterruptible res, the reward is non existent, you are literally going to have Mccree babysit Mercy now with his less than half of Mercy's res cd. Cause you know that flash goes off helluva way faster than the res.