I'd love to see an Overwatch-style game by another company.

General Discussion
As much fun as Overwatch is I can't help but have a feeling that this same style of game would be a lot more interesting, balanced and fun if it were run by another company (Riot or Valve for instance).

Anyone else feel the same way?

I've been playing Blizzard games for a really long time and in every single one of them the balance is terrible and it feels like they always drag their feet with updates and changes, and try to cut corners with almost everything they do.
There's 2 out there one is a dead mans Overwatch the other a poor mans Overwatch both bad and good in way. But no where near successful as Overwatch despite what their fans claim.
Try Paladins if you want a change, yet similar game.
i mean..if you want some humor with your game..battleborn has a story mode and fights against...kinda compentant ai
11/10/2017 11:34 PMPosted by Shila
There's 2 out there one is a dead mans Overwatch the other a poor mans Overwatch both bad and good in way. But no where near successful as Overwatch despite what their fans claim.
Well this game is dead too.

Last year I had so many friends playing that I couldn't fit them all into one group. Now not a single one of them plays and actually make fun of me for still talking about it.

I run into the exact same players in ranked day in and day out for months in a row now because participation is seriously that low.
Try TF2 or Paladins. Although they're really not "free to play." Paladins charges you for unlocking heroes, and the newest heroes are always ~mysteriously~ OP when released. (Because they want you to pay cash for the newest hero.)

Or if you have a PS4, try out Uncharted 4's multiplayer and just do control or king of the hill maps. Much like Overwatch, nobody ever stands in them. So even if you don't know what you're doing you'll probably lost.

No hero switching, but it's still a team shooter (though a vastly inferior one compared to OW).

Downside is that the enemy team can talk to your team during the whole fight. And there are purchasable boosters that are sort of pay to win. And you can just get dumped into a game with some high ranked player as a noob.
well valve has made a game that is similar to overwatch - its called team fortress 2. its better in every conceivable way.
Do you see conventions for TF2 or Paladins?

Do you know how many toxic children are in F2play games?

Just because your friends don't play anymore means it's dead?

I see new people in arcade all the time and sometimes bump into the same people in comp. It should be that way, if you are not rising or falling in ELO. That's what ELO is for. to pair you with someone of similar w/l and performance ratios.
I posted this on another thread a few minutes ago but one of the reasons I got into Overwatch was because it reminded me of Smash Bros.

I know Smash isn't a FPS but Overwatch always scratched a similar itch with the unique characters and their kits, the ultimates/final smash, the hype when a new character is added or their trailer's released, and maining your favorites.
guess..battleborn has jsut died in everyone's eyes didnt it