Lucio PTR Bug Pushed To Live

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 27 Next
Most likely it was found too late in the testing cycle, or even after. When that happens, it needs to be pushed to the next patch otherwise everything needs to be re-tested again. Did you really want a 1-2 week delay on the Halloween event?
thats just a new low
rip skimming and rollouts

F
10/10/2017 01:11 PMPosted by CrimeaRiver
Most likely it was found too late in the testing cycle, or even after. When that happens, it needs to be pushed to the next patch otherwise everything needs to be re-tested again. Did you really want a 1-2 week delay on the Halloween event?

If that's how it works, it's silly. When you can revert an unintended nerf that you know won't mess up the game because that's how it's been working forever, it shouldn't take more than 24 hours to revert.

They could have just applied the Halloween update to the live version of the game and apply the PTR changes later when they get fixed. Also, the bug was found and reported on the first day PTR was out, which probably wasn't too late in the testing cycle.
Blizzard killed Lucio. BALANCE
At this point, Live feels like the PTR for Tournament realm. And PTR feels like the Coming Soon hype realm.

There's a reason that Contenders wasn't using the 1.15 patch, and I can't wait to see if the World Cup will be using a Lucio bugged 1.16.

Pros will be on 1.14 forever I guess, while the rest of us plebs muddle through bug testing.
10/10/2017 01:15 PMPosted by ComftblyNumb

If that's how it works, it's silly. When you can revert an unintended nerf that you know won't mess up the game because that's how it's been working forever, it shouldn't take more than 24 hours to revert.

That's not how development works. You can't just revert something and not put it through testing or assume nothing else breaks in the process. If it was that easy, you'd never see bugs in games.
Its the Mercy meta
10/10/2017 01:16 PMPosted by ToiletKiller

They could have just applied the Halloween update to the live version of the game and apply the PTR changes later when they get fixed. Also, the bug was found and reported on the first day PTR was out, which probably wasn't too late in the testing cycle.

The fix could have not made it in time for the update as well, and therefore needs to be implemented in the next patch. This kind of thing happens all the time.

It would be a good reason to be upset if Blizzard was actually just being lazy or forgot to fix it, but let's be realistic here.
Let me clarify whats going on here.

Previous to this update, there was a bug that made it possible to input multiple jump commands very quickly while riding on a wall to trigger a super boost. This was only possible by binding mouse wheel to jump or potentially some other macro program to simulate this.

This exploit is now fixed, so those that were using it will notice it doesn't work anymore. This doesn't affect anyone who was using Lucio normally, only those that were abusing this bug.

That said, we are looking at possibly increasing his wall boost speed in the future to bring some of this back in a more reasonable way, but we wont be re-introducing this bug.
10/10/2017 12:57 PMPosted by ŎneWhoSighs
It's honestly pathetic.

And I'm sure someone will think it's petty. "Oh you're criticizing the development team WOOOAAHHHH IS MEEEEEE".

Look, if a team can't even get something as basic as this right, and management decides to push the broken crap out anyway, something is wrong.

This is effectively making one of the core supports for teams unplayable. So much for "competitive" "e-sport".

I'd say Blizzard can't even ship out basic consistency, but I'd be lying.

They've been consistent, consistent in pushing crap out as fast as possible to make a quick $$$ on the loot boxes.

I'm not opening my wallet this time, splash some water on your face and wake the hell up Blizz.

10/10/2017 12:56 PMPosted by ShadowStorm
It is, just a byproduct of the mercy change. Should be fixed by tomorrow.

It will be a week just like the bug where Mei couldn't freeze other people.

Actually, Blizzard has called the Lucio wallriding a 'clear exploit' and that's probably why they removed it. They don't know clear, integral mechanics within their own game, I guess, since Lucio is DEAD now. https://imgur.com/a/03SUt
Highly Rated
They literally removed the mechanics from two healers that made them fun to play in a single patch.

No GA momentum conservation (bug fix from last patch)
Lucio wall ride jumping momentum (bug that wasn't fixed)

Kind of sucks. I've refused to play Mercy for the past two weeks because of the constant changes to her, making it extremely frustrating to those of us trying to get good with her, in whatever state she is in at a given time. I'll continue to refuse playing her until the changes stop. However I've been playing Ana and Lucio instead because of it. Now the lameness follows to Lucio!

Guess I'll just become a DPS main and settle with that.
I understand it in a wrong way. I thought that Lucio isnt able to do that anymore is the bug
Highly Rated
10/10/2017 01:38 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman

Previous to this update, there was a bug that made it possible to input multiple jump commands very quickly while riding on a wall to trigger a super boost. This was only possible by binding mouse wheel to jump or potentially some other macro program to simulate this.

This exploit is now fixed, so those that were using it will notice it doesn't work anymore. This doesn't affect anyone who was using Lucio normally, only those that were abusing this bug.

That said, we are looking at possibly increasing his wall boost speed in the future to bring some of this back in a more reasonable way, but we wont be re-introducing this bug.

alright. this is stupid.
Highly Rated

Why not just take his skates away and have him run after everyone like he missed the bus?
and from now on I'm a junkrat main. Get ready for a shock :P
Highly Rated

sorry but didn't I say the ptr Lucio boost was a bug first and now your saying you fixed a bug
Highly Rated

So people had been playing the character a certain way for how long before you guys noticed it was a bug and reverted it? Was this always present, or was it a recent change? It seems that, if it was present before and no-one was complaining about it (I can't remember seeing Lucio complaint threads), the better solution would have been to either leave it there or adjust his speed to match what the bug caused.

Without making more - or any, I didn't see one - of a statement about it in the patch notes, it just comes off as a nerf that was brushed under the rug.