Lucio PTR Bug Pushed To Live

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 29 Next
Highly Rated
10/10/2017 01:38 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Let me clarify whats going on here.

Previous to this update, there was a bug that made it possible to input multiple jump commands very quickly while riding on a wall to trigger a super boost. This was only possible by binding mouse wheel to jump or potentially some other macro program to simulate this.

This exploit is now fixed, so those that were using it will notice it doesn't work anymore. This doesn't affect anyone who was using Lucio normally, only those that were abusing this bug.

That said, we are looking at possibly increasing his wall boost speed in the future to bring some of this back in a more reasonable way, but we wont be re-introducing this bug.

WOW.
I guess that's gonna be 'conveniently' after OWL, too? I guess we were 'abusing it' for ever since the new Lucio came out, huh?! Why didn't you patch it before then? Why didn't you see it as an exploit then, huh? Now Lucio is just flanker food! You can't do anything fancy or cool with him anymore, you just wait to get dived just like every other healer. Why!?

The reason I play Lucio is because of his varied gameplay. I can dive with my team, I can hang back and peel, I can play like an 'ambulance' who rushes from injured teammate to injured teammate, and all of this was because of the wallride speedboost. I even managed to outduel flankers sometimes (usually with me ending up on 5 hp left) because of that speedboost, my aim and my damage. Now? Now I get to just sit in the middle of the team with my heal aura on, not doing anything and not feeling any impact.

You have RUINED him, and it's safe to say that if you keep catering to DPS mains then I may as well become one.

Previous to this update, there was a bug that made it possible to input multiple jump commands very quickly while riding on a wall to trigger a super boost. This was only possible by binding mouse wheel to jump or potentially some other macro program to simulate this.

This exploit is now fixed, so those that were using it will notice it doesn't work anymore. This doesn't affect anyone who was using Lucio normally, only those that were abusing this bug.

That said, we are looking at possibly increasing his wall boost speed in the future to bring some of this back in a more reasonable way, but we wont be re-introducing this bug.
I am assuming this is related to the same physics, but Mercy's GA slingshot isn't working either. :(
To those who think Lucio is "unplayable" now because they fixed a speed exploit, that everyone was fine without for the majority of OW's lifespan...is it really that bad? It's not like Lucio / Mercy were ONLY good with their speed mechanics. I'm sure you'll live.
Highly Rated
assigning key binds to mouse buttons is now an exploit
10/10/2017 01:45 PMPosted by SilentShane
Without making more - or any, I didn't see one - of a statement about it in the patch notes, it just comes off as a nerf that was brushed under the rug.

It feels like Blizzard is trying to MAKE everyone play DPS because they're constantly either changing or making supports useless. Honestly a terrible move by blizzard as bunny hopping / quick jumping was a move used in the highest tiers of competitive play.
10/10/2017 01:40 PMPosted by EasyTarget
They literally removed the mechanics from two healers that made them fun to play in a single patch.

No GA momentum conservation (bug fix from last patch)
Lucio wall ride jumping momentum (bug that wasn't fixed)

Kind of sucks. I've refused to play Mercy for the past two weeks because of the constant changes to her, making it extremely frustrating to those of us trying to get good with her, in whatever state she is in at a given time. I'll continue to refuse playing her until the changes stop. However I've been playing Ana and Lucio instead because of it. Now the lameness follows to Lucio!

Guess I'll just become a DPS main and settle with that.

Considering she’s got almost a 100% pick rate I don’t think she’s doing badly. If anything the tweaking is important to fix her feeling like a MUST PICK.
Highly Rated
My wallride speedboosts are noticeably slower now. And I don't use scroll wheel, nor do I spam jump inputs. I just use my right mouse button to jump from the walls, and the speedboost I gain from that is noticeably lower now.

Thank you, the presence of bhopping was a big turn off for me for playing Lucio. I don't want to have to rebind keys just to abuse some stupid mechanics.
10/10/2017 01:48 PMPosted by MarketTomato
To those who think Lucio is "unplayable" now because they fixed a speed exploit, that everyone was fine without for the majority of OW's lifespan...is it really that bad? It's not like Lucio / Mercy were ONLY good with their speed mechanics. I'm sure you'll live.

He is significantly less fun to play now
Highly Rated

I've never used a macro, just my keyboard and the boost happened every time.

Am I just really that spammy with my space bar?
10/10/2017 01:48 PMPosted by MarketTomato

Coming from a GM lucio main, hes pretty much unplayable. Much like genji and tracer, lucios movement is the strongest part of his kit, as he jumps and dives around hes constantly healing his teammates and doing damage. This nerf is like taking genjis dash and double jump away from him and it makes him feel terrible.
Lemme get this straight, skillful Lucio and Mercy play is either a bug or sn exploit!?

You really don't want people enjoy support do you.

@Titanium they Killed angel hop, read the patch notes. Skilled mercy play isn't allowed apparently.
Highly Rated

What you mean with normally? Healing bot? Standing still close to the teammates?
Highly Rated
Now stanky will never come back

This paragraph is important. It means they're dedicated to having clean, stable code, but understand it was an important part of his kit.

Stop blowing things out of the water.
10/10/2017 01:52 PMPosted by FoolishStew5

This paragraph is important. It means they're dedicated to having clean, stable code, but understand it was an important part of his kit.

Stop blowing things out of the water.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have had a fix in place/PTR before reverting the "bug", though?
10/10/2017 01:44 PMPosted by DeadKnight

sorry but didn't I say the ptr Lucio boost was a bug first and now your saying you fixed a bug

You said it was originally a bug, did you have any basis for that or just assume they didn't mean to take it out? We all know Blizzard is bad with patch notes, so if your only reasoning of it being a bug before was the lack of notes, then you are wrong and Geoff here is simply correcting you.

Sorry, but I sorta take Geoff's word over yours. Can't just assume everything undocumented is unintended.
10/10/2017 01:45 PMPosted by SilentShane

So people had been playing the character a certain way for how long before you guys noticed it was a bug and reverted it? Was this always present, or was it a recent change? It seems that, if it was present before and no-one was complaining about it (I can't remember seeing Lucio complaint threads), the better solution would have been to either leave it there or adjust his speed to match what the bug caused.

Without making more - or any, I didn't see one - of a statement about it in the patch notes, it just comes off as a nerf that was brushed under the rug.

6 months. It has been 6 months since the first rollout. https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6023qt/lucio_can_get_from_defense_spawn_to_point_a_of/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=user&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=frontpage
10/10/2017 01:46 PMPosted by Luci
You have RUINED him.

yep

Could you clarify why we were told that this was a bug on the PTR at first?

It would also be great to know why this wasn't included in the Patch Notes and why was there no discussion post about it on the forums like there was for Mercy.

To many Lucio players, this change is just as big as the changes to Mercy's ultimate on the PTR, yet there's a whole discussion which everyone is involved in regarding that, but nothing for Lucio?

I think this is pretty unfair to players who play Lucio, to see other heroes and their playerbase getting special treatment.

I'd also like to ask why this Lucio change doesn't get more time to be adjusted to not put Lucio in such a bad position and is thrown straight to live, whereas the Mercy changes are being pushed back to allow for more room to adjust them before going live so she isn't impacted so badly.