Mercy Changes Testing on the PTR - 10/31

PTR Feedback
1 2 3 91 Next
We're currently testing some new changes on the PTR. Please provide any constructive feedback you may have here.

Mercy
  • Resurrect
    • Cast time increased from 0 seconds to 1.75 seconds
    • Mercy’s movement speed is now reduced by 75% while casting
    • Can now be interrupted when Mercy is knocked back, stunned, or hacked

• Valkyrie
    • When activated, Resurrection no longer has a cast time

Developer Comment: We feel that Mercy’s recent rework has been successful, but her Resurrect ability still feels too strong and frustrating to play against. Now that it has a cast time, there is more room for enemies to counter the ability. However, casting Resurrect happens instantly when Valkyrie is active. This should make her feel powerful when she transforms on the battlefield.
This is funny cause I was just telling a few buddies of mine that one way to make resurrect less powerful is to have a casting time. As a Mercy main, I actually really like these changes. She may be a bit weaker, but a lot more enjoyable to play against. Can't wait to test this out soon!
JEHONG SAVED
Finally Rez has some counterplay! Good changes! I'm not sure if the 75% movement reduction is overkill or not though, but thats what testing this out is for!
I like these changes a lot actually. People have gotten way too risky when diving the enemy team "because you can just Rez it!" So now this will make that moot.

Hopefully this makes Mercy a better Deathball healer and Ana a better Long-Range healer.
Highly Rated
From what I've played so far.
The 1.75 seconds and -75% movement together are too much.
Keep the cast time at 1.75 seconds as to keep rez counter-able, but reduce or remove the movement speed penalty.
The -75% movement speed during the cast feels absolutely awful. Like she's basically being locked in place for 2 seconds. It's extremely clunky and doesn't flow with her kit at all.

EDIT 4: The -75% movement penalty is completely redundant as Mercy has to stay within 5 meters for the 2 seconds to rez the target anyways.
If keeping the -75% speed and cast time is the plan,
>>>PLEASE MAKE REZ CANCEL-ABLE!!!<<<

EDIT 3: Fixed some grammar and punctuation.

EDIT 2: It seems I'm not alone is saying we'd much rather have a full 2 second cast time with no slow rather then 1.7 second and -75% slow.

EDIT: After playing around 50+ hours on PTR Mercy, I may have some suggestions.
This is just me thinking out loud:

Resurrect may just be an unbalance-able standard ability. As it seems to be too powerful or quite bad for a standard ability.
So I've seen some suggestions thrown around:

Suggestion 1: Remove and replace rez from her standard kit.
Resurrect (E)
Mercy's E ability has been changed completely.
  • No longer Resurrect. Replaced by a vertical movement ability.
  • Mercy launches herself up, or down if the crouch key is held, say about 10 meters.
  • Modest cooldown of around 8 seconds.
  • Valkyrie (Q)
    Valkyrie remains largely unchanged.
    • Upon the activation of Valkyrie, and for it's duration, her ultimate key (Q) then becomes a single target resurrect with say 2 or so charges.
    • Once Valkyrie has finished Mercy loses the ability to rez and her ultimate is changed back to Valkyrie to be charged once again.

Suggestion 2: Resurrect on a resource meter.
    • Starts at zero and charges slowly over time.
    • Gives extra charge when healing or damage is done.
    • Max of 100 resource, 100 resource grants the ability to rez.
    • Still single target.
    • Effectively a second ultimate.
    • Valkyrie grants an instant additional 100 resource, max of 200 resource during Valkyrie.

Suggestion 3: Resurrected targets at half health.
    • Target is Resurrected at half health.
    • Target receive an additional 50% health from all sources for say 3 to 5 seconds after rez.
      Personally, I would not recommend this one.

Suggestion 4: Revert the rework.
      I don't know how I feel about this suggestion but I'll mention it as it seems to be quite a popular solution.

Again, this is just me thinking out loud.
    loving the new changes! like kryptsm said, now i can just not rez people that are too far in without having to explain to them that it's a stupid move.
    Will be interesting what people think.

As I read them, it looks to me like a pretty significant Mercy nerf. That cast time and the ability to stun her during the heat of battle will probably make her feel that much more difficult to play.

I appreciate anything that increases the skill floor.

Overall, positive first impressions. I'd like to see how it plays out though in-game.
    Highly Rated
    they feel pretty alright, i just have a few qualms.

can we make it so current rez can be cancelled? due to the long cast time and slow movement things could very easily change during battle and you need to get away. with the slow movement speed (she currently moves slower than an ulting mccree), she's a sitting duck any time she uses rez.

please consider allowing it to be cancelled with the repercussion being rez goes on cooldown even if not used.

edit: kind of like how doomfist can wind up his rocket punch but cancel it at will, but it still goes on cooldown. although his RP is only a 4 second cooldown. maybe if she cancels it before using it it can have a bit of a reduced cooldown? by like maybe 5-10 seconds, nothing super drastic. maybe y'all can implement it in a way it won't be abused? :( idk I'd like for that but I feel as if mercy's might abuse that mechanic. bleh maybe another way to compensate, or just leave the cooldown as is when cancelled.

edit #2: and maybe not a 75% movement reduction? I understand it needs to be counterable but 75% feels like just a bit too much. maybe 50% instead?
    It's an interesting change, that i must admit. The animation does feel clunky tho!
    mercy mains gonna REEEEE.

changes are a step in the right direction i think though
    I'm going to have jump on to check it out. I heard Ana got her damage buff in the ptr?

Also I'm betting at least the movement speed will change, but that's just my gut reaction.
    10/31/2017 06:55 PMPosted by Vrakthris
    We're currently [url="https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21179257"]testing [/url]some new changes on the PTR. Please provide any constructive feedback you may have here.

[url="https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/mercy/"]Mercy[/url]
    • Resurrect
      • Cast time increased from 0 seconds to 1.75 seconds
      • Mercy’s movement speed is now reduced by 75% while casting
      • Can now be interrupted when Mercy is knocked back, stunned, or hacked

• Valkyrie
      • When activated, Resurrection no longer has a cast time

Developer Comment: We feel that Mercy’s recent rework has been successful, but her Resurrect ability still feels too strong and frustrating to play against. Now that it has a cast time, there is more room for enemies to counter the ability. However, casting Resurrect happens instantly when Valkyrie is active. This should make her feel powerful when she transforms on the battlefield.

This is an idea I had ever since the new Mercy came out, so huzzah! Somebody listened!! (probably not to me, but still)

Maybe another thing to try would be to make it so her cast time affects the health the heroes are rezzed with? For example, if Mercy casts for the whole duration, the hero comes back with 100% health. But say she casts it for half the duration, the character comes back with 50% health. Then her ult removes the cast time in total?
    10/31/2017 07:11 PMPosted by Āçëşǭ
    I'm just going to say from what I've played so far,
    Both 1.75 second and 75% reduced movement seems like a bit much.
    You can keep rez counter-able by keeping it at 1.7 second but increase the movement speed a bit.

Nope, seem just fine to me.
    Funny thing is that I still don't think this is enough to shift her pick rate. If you can only res in safety, yes that helps a lot, but Valk is still going to tilt fights to an absurd degree.

Couple this with a reduced Valk duration though and it might, maybe, be enough.