Mercy Changes Testing on the PTR - 10/31

PTR Feedback
Prev 1 45 46 47 91 Next
I feel resurrection is too powerful to not be an ultimate move. That being said I was thinking,

During Ult,
-reduce rez cooldown to 10sec

E ability,
- turn rez into buff that only works on living targets
- instant cast
- buff lasts 3 sec
- if taget dies with active buff, then target is instantly resurrected

We keep everything else the same(cooldowns, range, etc.)

We can call the E ability "Valkyrie's Blessing". I think this would be a quasi nerf to the non-ult rez while making the ult rez feel more useful.

Current non-ult rez is already a tactical choice so this would not change the feel of it too much. In my mind it would be similar the way you have to time Zarya's bubble.

The ult rez cooldown would allow for 3 rez during Valkyrie making it feel more like the ultimate ability resurrection should be.

Also feel free to play with the idea and the numbers.
11/05/2017 04:40 PMPosted by Silawatsi
It feels like the forum mods are using this "feedback thread" as a trash can to muffle the voices of upset and concerned Mercy players.

Anytime a Mercy thread promoting serious discussion about her pops up, the mods lock it and post a link to this thread. Does any of the staff actually read this?

They don't actually respond to feedback here, do they? Only Blizz response I've seen is the thread starter. Makes me kind of concerned :/
11/05/2017 04:56 PMPosted by Seelegeist
It feels like the forum mods are using this "feedback thread" as a trash can to muffle the voices of upset and concerned Mercy players.

Anytime a Mercy thread promoting serious discussion about her pops up, the mods lock it and post a link to this thread. Does any of the staff actually read this?

They don't actually respond to feedback here, do they? Only Blizz response I've seen is the thread starter. Makes me kind of concerned :/

Last time (as in... maybe 2 megathreads ago?) couple people took to posting scads of obviously-against-ToS things, inappropriate jokes, blatant callouts, etc... not to troll, but to see if there was *anyone* actually looking in there. The vast majority of them were completely ignored, no edits, the insulting things untouched by moderators even when quoted. If that isn't confirmation that they aren't reading the threads, I don't know what is.

I'm just crushed and disheartened by the entire thing. I'm done playing her - not because of some hissy fit or whining, she's just not fun anymore. The new rez makes her easier to kill, but it feels absolutely godawful. There's nothing fun about rez'ing and then trying to move through soup and hoping no one boops you out of range or just straight up kills you because you can't freaking move.

I miss the old Mercy, I miss my main, but I've given up all hope that they care about how she feels while actually playing. They'll just continue to nerf her into the ground, because Rez is TOO !@#$ING POWERFUL as an ability and somehow they don't get that. She'll be brokenly OP as long as it stays on E, no matter what they do. So until they remove it from the game entirely, they're just going to make it more and more unfun. Yay. I'm out.
11/05/2017 05:18 PMPosted by Romanova

Last time (as in... maybe 2 megathreads ago?) couple people took to posting scads of obviously-against-ToS things, inappropriate jokes, blatant callouts, etc... not to troll, but to see if there was *anyone* actually looking in there. The vast majority of them were completely ignored, no edits, the insulting things untouched by moderators even when quoted. If that isn't confirmation that they aren't reading the threads, I don't know what is.

I'm just crushed and disheartened by the entire thing. I'm done playing her - not because of some hissy fit or whining, she's just not fun anymore. The new rez makes her easier to kill, but it feels absolutely godawful. There's nothing fun about rez'ing and then trying to move through soup and hoping no one boops you out of range or just straight up kills you because you can't freaking move.

I miss the old Mercy, I miss my main, but I've given up all hope that they care about how she feels while actually playing. They'll just continue to nerf her into the ground, because Rez is TOO !@#$ING POWERFUL as an ability and somehow they don't get that. She'll be brokenly OP as long as it stays on E, no matter what they do. So until they remove it from the game entirely, they're just going to make it more and more unfun. Yay. I'm out.

That's heartbreaking to read. I'm sorry. Hope you don't give up on the game, though, Moira's coming out and perhaps they end up reworking Mercy in a better, fun way instead of what is right now on PTR. Worst case scenario I hope to see you finding a new main to have fun with.

Please don't lose your hopes, this change might not go live, no matter how unlikely.
11/05/2017 02:23 PMPosted by micachu
11/05/2017 02:12 PMPosted by Reverendpaqo
I posted this same idea many times previously, even a few pages back and get down voted like crazy. Not sure why it now gets up votes...

That is indeed weird. I've posted it here as well, and gave my support whenever I saw someone else suggest something similar. I've seen way more people in support of this idea than against it. It would solve so many issues while keeping Mercy fun to play.

Some people don't like Res on a resource meter because they are advocating for Mercy 1.0. It depends on the time and the tone of your response. If you flip through the pages here even, you see some posts with the same content on the same page with drastically different responses because of a few things they say that is different. For example: if one says they don't mind the cast time, they'll probably get a little more downvotes than the other if it expresses a negative opinion of the cast time.

I personally really like the idea of Res on a resource meter with its fastest possible charge being 30 secs. This puts it at about the same maximum charge rate as the original res-as-ult, but it's overall much weaker and feels earned by the Mercy. I am sure lots of us remember that we typically didn't have Res in 30 seconds (because we would have to be healing damage constantly through that 30 secs). This would make it sit at around 45+ seconds on average, I am estimating, balancing the ability and rewarding enemies for pressuring her, while also giving Ana a secondary buff: her bio nade interferes with Mercy's ability to charge Res.

I personally really dislike both the cast time and the speed penalty, so I would wish that neither make it to the final iteration of Mercy.
However, if they were to become a permanent part of her kit, I would like Res to no longer interrupt staff's beams. This is one of the most frustrating feeling aspects of her kit. It feels like an unnecessary handicap that makes you less effective as a healer.

If the cast time was to stay, I would also like ressed players to become fully mobile immediately upon the completion of the ability. It seems way too slow to have an almost 2 sec cast and then have to wait for the player to be mobile. It would increase her survivability if her res target is up faster to help defend her.

Alternatively, I think it would also be interesting if the cast couldn't fail in the traditional sense (lose ability and no res). I would like the character to be brought up with a % of health that is proportionate to the amount of time you were in the cast animation. If you hold for the full duration, they have full health. Half of the duration is equivalent to half health, etc. If you merely tap the button before you die/cancel, they res with 1 hp and likely die. The penalty for failure and misplay is loss of the ability and killing a teammate, delaying your spawns and making that player cranky.
This change opens up the door for more flexibility and skilled play on the Mercy's part.

No one obviously gives a !@#$ about us clearly. Or they would do something about it instead of channeling us away to a tini tiny corner no Dev will even look at or give a %^-* about. Seriously they keep destroying her. They haven't done anything about it.

They obviously don't give a !@#$ or they wouldn't shut us off into a little corner.
it an good change, but a better change is to just let her use it if she in her ult.
Idk I still think Resurrect should go back to being her ultimate with tweaks in place (such as LOS, charge rate, or w/e else...Ppl have given great suggestions on these forums), a tweaked Valkyrie should go on her E and if possible keeping her GA mobility as is.

EDIT: Oh yeah and of course making the comp system give more SR for amount of healing done instead of how many resses you pulled off that match.
Rework ruined the world cup, nuff said. Stop the rework, it's not "successful" in any manner. She went from being balanced to broken. It's pretty obvious on what needs to happen. In other words a revert.
bad changes .
Give resurrect a secondary resource system, please.
I just tried it out and I have to say that it is pretty much rendering her useless. If you go to rez you are almost always instakilled which makes you fall back on healing. All it's doing it making her absolutely no fun to play, why is that good? I believe that boosting the other supports makes more sense, all you're doing is ruining a hero in the game, just like what was done to roadhog when his nerf first hit. Please come up with a better idea than this because it will make her pick rate 0%.
What if her E just became a few seconds of heavy damage reduction (or some kind of immunity, even 1 second immunity to all damage... something super defensive like these ideas) and then it upgraded to a rez when she ults, and to make up for only having rez during ult she could get 3 charges instead of 2. It’s a compromise between a revert and a nerf

Edit: I’m a Mercy main and I can’t believe it’s gotten to the point that I’m suggesting these changes. I just don’t know if rez can be balanced on an ability because I’ve played it and this iteration isn’t fun. It’s yet another change to mercy’s playstyle and this one is for the worse IMO. A lot of people are saying “remove rez or revert her” and I wholeheartedly agree, but I also believe there is a compromise here. Blizzard clearly doesn’t want to revert Mercy but these changes are getting dangerously close to being a revert in disguise.
Terrible rework
Revert please.
here is my idea to fix this whole thing.

rez is instant.
for .75 seconds after rez is cast, mercy cant use GA and has a 50 percent slow.

anna nade and discord orb now put a debuff on the target making them non rezzable if they die under the effect.
anna nade a corpse also makes the target non rezzable.
anna can now see enemy rez targets.

what the move needs is a slight nerf and some actual counter play.
11/05/2017 05:55 PMPosted by Enigmandi
I personally really like the idea of Res on a resource meter with its fastest possible charge being 30 secs. This puts it at about the same maximum charge rate as the original res-as-ult, but it's overall much weaker and feels earned by the Mercy. I am sure lots of us remember that we typically didn't have Res in 30 seconds (because we would have to be healing damage constantly through that 30 secs). This would make it sit at around 45+ seconds on average, I am estimating, balancing the ability and rewarding enemies for pressuring her, while also giving Ana a secondary buff: her bio nade interferes with Mercy's ability to charge Res.

Yes, that's exactly the way I think about it. It was possible to get her resurrect ultimate in about 30 seconds if you could heal someone uninterrupted for that long. In practice that didn't really happen all that often, so it'd balance her resurrect ability nicely. It'd be a nerf to her as she'd not get it every 30 seconds, it would feel very good to play though and not sacrifice the feeling of her gameplay at all. Valkyrie would fill it up quicker, obviously, as she's healing/boosting more. I also like the thought that it'd be a slight buff to Ana, thanks for bringing that up!
Lately i mostly play Mercy because she is a must pick. That has to change. But the constant rework kills the fun in playing her.
With the cast time, reduced movement speed and the missing reset of GA it kills her completely. Because as a support you need mobility or you are dead.
I know the devs are trying their best to get her balanced, but maybe try it internally before you completely rework a hero and then nerv him/ her to death...
That is the reason why so many ppl are angry with the devs. Because you only take away
I know it was necessary, but it felt really bad
11/05/2017 05:55 PMPosted by Enigmandi

I really like this idea.
+It would encourage Mercy to be even more active in combat, while the current PTR version clearly calls for disengaging and hiding.
+It would not impact overall fun of playing Mercy (won't impact mobility)
+It would be a great opportunity to bring back "Heroes never die!", which IMO was most iconic line of the game
+It would give DPS ability to counter Ress indirect by messing with Mercy healing output (she is under attack or dead - she can't fill up the resource matter) while not removing ress entirely
+It would remove the hated-by-some ability to counter first pick at the beginning of the match/round
+Indirect buff to Ana is also great and would most certainly increase her pick rate

Blizzard Team, consider this. Pretty please. :)

But beside that I still think that, paraphrasing what Kato the Elder used to say, "Mercy rework must be reverted".