If You've Quit Competitive - What Would Bring You Back

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
The death of OWL and the removal of community memes. This will create more focus towards gameplay experience and development. While the meme section being removed would promote a more positive environment to play with other players rather than promoting trolling throwing and negativity as it does now.

Two of Overwatch's biggest faults which for some reason heavily impact gameplay experience and the game's total value as a triple A rated game.

Meanwhile I'm chilling in Warframe actually having fun. Just how in the hell is a free game outdoing the 60 dollars or more we spent on in OW?
Players known for leaving being ranked into their own queue. Until they stay in the same amount of matches they've ever left, they will be queued like that.
Make Symmetras more supportive so people stop yelling at me for even glancing at her portrait.
I've had quite a few times where every single game I enter is filled with complete trolls and I spend the entire match trying to carry as Mercy while my team types slurs at each other. I still push through comp but I don't feel that SR ratings properly reflect people's skill levels because there is no avoiding these bad players sometimes. I see people that I'll try climbing with but every match we end up with, we're on our own and it feels like a 2v6. You either have to quit or keep sinking/breaking even. I am tired of being told that there is no such thing as elo hell. I'm sorry, if I get paired 15 damn times in a row with leavers and trolls and smurfs burning down to bronze then I don't know how to see it any other way. There is no way to avoid these players. I get that blocking them from any future games might bar me from getting into a game for longer but I'll take it. Why not just make it so that I only match with them as a last resort? At least then I know that there's not enough people worth playing with.
I lose more SR than I gain and it makes every loss extremely draining and every win feel like it's not even worth it, especially after a super long game, gaining such little SR.

This seems super !@#-backwards, and it's in no way fun and makes me avoid playing comp more than I'd like.

I agree, some sort of set win/loss gain would be great, as long as the loss isn't HIGHER than the win.
Seeing OWL
I would like to see overwatch turn to an online team sport game.

Changes needed:

Clans/Teams : They can have as many people they want in them.

Matches every weekend : Similar to basketball or other sports each team will know who they play and what hour they play him.Its up to the team/clan to arrange the line up and make sure everyone is ready to go.

We can keep the ladder we have at the moment we will just add a new team ladder.

OWL will be what NBA is to basketball.From there lets treat GM like the typical A1 division in any country ...Masters as A2...etc.

Each division has a fix number of teams.Say for example 24 split into eastern/western kind of thing conference with 12 teams each.

Obviously there is only one A1 division.But from there it can quickly escalate.4 A2 divisions.16 A3 etc...

People will be able to switch clans at will.

The season will be like 1,5months long if games are played twice per week and 3 months long if games are played one per week.

Each of the 12 conference teams plays one match against the other 11.Then only the final top 1 finishers of each conference play a best of 3 for who gets to be promoted.(playoff style).
11/09/2017 01:58 AMPosted by TheBoboNL
11/08/2017 12:03 PMPosted by BossHog

• Make games never last more than 2 rounds, ever.
  • Skip placement if you've done it before. It's clear that it doesn't matter anyway.
  • Make penalties for leaving insanely severe (quit, you're out for 24 hours on the first time)
  • If you DC and reconnect within a minute, remove all penalties.

The problem with this is that I can pull the cable from my machine, get DCed and the server does not know. if blizz finds a way to detect that, pull the wan cable from the router. Now Blizz does not know. This boils down to: is it on purpose or not? But you don't know.

It's 2017. You'd think by now they'd have the technical knowhow to be able to differentiate an unintentional disconnect from an intentional one.
I would love for SR rewards/losses be based on purely wins and losses, not performance. Something simple like +/- 25 based on a win or loss would be great, I feel like performance based SR ruins the consistency of climbing. Also, when you get the situation of losing more SR than gaining from winning, it can be hard to climb and can be very demoralizing.

The problem with this is that I can pull the cable from my machine, get DCed and the server does not know. if blizz finds a way to detect that, pull the wan cable from the router. Now Blizz does not know. This boils down to: is it on purpose or not? But you don't know.

Here's the thing... You can't catch them all. You should get penalties if your account has constant DCs. Long bans for pressing escape and leaving on purpose.

That is what I mean, hitting escape and leaving you are sure that the person did it on purpose. A hard DC (aka internet failure, in any shape or form) does not show intend because of the reasons I sad before.
Have a comp mode with no voice coms (which means no groups either, so you can't prearrange alternative voice coms).
I did quit after 6 seasons.

I would come back if blizz finally decided to wake up and do drastic changes.

Hard reset, matchmaking system and SR system rework, role select and proper reports check all at once, i will come back for sure. But that day may never happen.
If Kaplan and Goodman will be dismissed with "Black Spot".
11/09/2017 03:22 AMPosted by Comixfan
11/09/2017 01:58 AMPosted by TheBoboNL

It's 2017. You'd think by now they'd have the technical knowhow to be able to differentiate an unintentional disconnect from an intentional one.

Let me put it different view; you are the server running a match. This means you send and receive data from all connected clients over separate channels (12 in this case). At some point one of your channels tells you that no data has been received for, lets say, 30 seconds. Because you, as server do not know what happened you kick the player for being idle.

you cannot read intent from not getting (any) data.

If you have a way of detecting intent with DC's I would patent the hell out of it because that can get you some big bucks.
Being able to ether team up with friends with out getting steam rolled. It's not just an Overwatch problem. Now When ever I try to team up with friends in game we gets steam rolled. When I played comp on my own after me and a friend stopped playing together, well lets just say I climbed to diamond and they are now in gold. I don't really care for comp, but my friends only wants to play comp.
I do play competitive, the only thing I play. Though I play on an alt. account where I actually don't care one bit about my rank, the game gets more fun but at the same time you receive reports for not falling into 2-2-2 and playing the typically heroes.

Honestly I doubt they can do much at this time, toxicity is really bad in this game, I like to compare this to other games, even in CS:GO, I don't care if he want's to use any of the other "non essential" guns, if he can play it's fine.

In Overwatch the same mindset causes problems, you "need" to have tank(s), support(s) and then dps if you want to have a chance of winning, picking what you want will also make your team irritated and you'll probably see someone on the team switching to a Torbjörn or Bastion just to show you that they don't "care" and are willing to lose because you didn't pick this or that.

Dunno, rambling.
11/09/2017 05:56 AMPosted by KaKao
I do play competitive, the only thing I play. Though I play on an alt. account where I actually don't care one bit about my rank

You might not care about your rank, but you have 5 other teammates that might care about theirs.

I hope your not caring about your rank doesn't translate to not caring about winning because your teammates will expect you to care. It is competitive after all.
LFG System
Bump
A complete MMR reset and a different way to get golden guns to keep people who don't want to play competitive/aren't good enough for competitive out of it.
Role Queue. They can hold off as long as they want. However, eventually they will realize its the only way to make competitive better. Devs already been talking about it. It's the same thing MMORPGs do. Require at least 1 healer, 1 tank, and 1 healer in every game.