Mercy

General Discussion
I expect a lot of dowvotes now, i dont mind. But RESSURRECT must go...it should be deleted.

If this skill exists mercy will still be mandatory. Mercy is not broken, this skill is.
Remember when Mercy was trash tier for months and still had Rez?

Pepperidge farms remembers.
She needs a revert to old Mercy, that's all.
Mercy used to be able to resurrect 5 people at once, and she was considered terrible, a troll pick. Now she can resurrect 2 people, and you think she is mandatory, a must-pick.
How much did you pay to get boosted? I refuse to believe that someone can get himself to diamond and have this little understanding of game balance.
You know every time removing resurrect altogether gets brought up, people instantly hate on it but why? what would be the problem if an ability so many people hate was replaced with something else? are people just stubborn or scared of change?

Some people could argue it ties in with her lore, but there are plenty alternative ways to interpret her abilities other than a resurrection.

Personally I don't mind either way, res is strong and i enjoy it, but I get excited over the possibility of another potential ability she could have in its place too.
Rez doesn't have to go, it just needs counterbalance. Most people might not agree but I'm all for this rez changes they did, many people say it makes her useless now, but I believe is a fair trade, being able to bring someone back to life shouldn't be as easy as it was, now if a mercy doesn't rez her teammate, it's not her fault, it's the fault of the teammate that overextended maybe, or because the team won't provide enough cover to let her rez. It's now a team effort to protect the mercy while reviving, and it's good for the enemy team cuz they also have a chance to counter the rez unlike back in the day where it was super easy to rez, or when it was an ultimate that she brought back the entire team right after they used up their ultimate to clear them out
It's my opinion that rez should never have been in the game, but it is, was, and there's no removing it. Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.
11/12/2017 03:42 PMPosted by AzshFayd
You know every time removing resurrect altogether gets brought up, people instantly hate on it but why? what would be the problem if an ability so many people hate was replaced with something else? are people just stubborn or scared of change?

Some people could argue it ties in with her lore, but there are plenty alternative ways to interpret her abilities other than a resurrection.

Personally I don't mind either way, res is strong and i enjoy it, but I get excited over the possibility of another potential ability she could have in its place too.

Literally because people claim that it's OP and broken (as a mechanic Live Rez ability truly is OP), but forget that Mercy had Rez for more than a year and no one complained. She had Rez and she was still trash pick for months, i think when Ana was in her prime. So of course people will get mad when people want it to get removed from the game.
11/12/2017 03:38 PMPosted by emberfly
Mercy used to be able to resurrect 5 people at once, and she was considered terrible, a troll pick. Now she can resurrect 2 people, and you think she is mandatory, a must-pick.
This is what confuses me about all the whining and moaning about Mercy these days. Well these guys are finally getting what they wanted, Mercy is now completely useless outside of her Ultimate on the PTR. Congratulations!
Omg this forum mercy players are not the real comunitty blizzard, please do the changes and make a Q&A on Blizzcon or another event, the real comunity and not this Mercy guys are there, so you can finally nerf mercy and balance her
11/12/2017 03:41 PMPosted by Kirby
How much did you pay to get boosted? I refuse to believe that someone can get himself to diamond and have this little understanding of game balance.

You can get to Diamond PURELY on reaction speed and mechanical skill.

Some people come into the game at Diamond.
11/12/2017 04:02 PMPosted by WhiteLothus
Omg this forum mercy players are not the real comunitty blizzard, please do the changes and make a Q&A on Blizzcon or another event, the real comunity and not this Mercy guys are there, so you can finally nerf mercy and balance her

??? The thread is literally about DELETING REZ, which of course Mercy Players are going to be against. Nerf Mercy? Of course we'd want that, she is literally OP. Mercy Players don't want Mercy to be OP. Live Mercy literally OP and almost unfun to play. Who wants to play they're favorite hero as a requirement rather than because they want to. Mercy players are of course gonna complain about the constant nerfs because the nerfs aren't just some alteration to the digits in her kit, it's like reworks again and again that totally changes her playstyle. They nerfed down Valkyrie's Rez cause they thought Rez happened too often when it was Rez Ability that needed tweaking. So suck it up. Stop all this "Mercy players want Mercy to be OP" cause that is literally not the case.
11/12/2017 03:42 PMPosted by AzshFayd

Because any other ability which wouldn't be a direct nerf would also be hated with as much passion. Rez is powerful, and the rest of her pre-change kit was balanced around it.

I'd LOVE to see other abilities, but I also know how badly balanced they would be as well.

The community will not be happy until they nerf her to the ground - but put out another hero which is fun to play at the same time so people don't lose their !@#$ too badly then boost her back up to playable levels after she tanks for a few months.

Moira comes out at the same time as the Mercy nerf, so they are on track :)

Next up, Mercy will drop to almost 0 play time. Blizzard will back track somewhat in a few months, and everyone will be happy (except the doomfist players who still won't have bug fixes)

11/12/2017 04:02 PMPosted by WhiteLothus
Omg this forum mercy players are not the real comunitty blizzard

Where is the real community? You? Just because you don't understand what is going on, doesn't make you a genius which everyone should follow.

The Mercy players want 2 things. For their character to have impact, because pre-change she only had impact when she Rezed, and they want some stability.

You don't get that the character still has to be playable at the end of all this, and there are not many supports to pick from in the first place. Blizzard can screw up a DPS, and no one will play them (*cough* Doomfist *cough*) but that is ok, there are a heap of other DPS to play. Doesn't mean we don't want him fixed, it just means there is time, people can play other DPSes.

Supports are different. There are not a lot of them, so screwing one of them up is a big problem '
*Cough* Ana *Cough* - I should see a doctor about this'

There are plenty of DPSes and Tanks wanting the fix to be right, so that we all get enough people playing supports. Having them all leave to be DPSes is not a good thing for anyone.
11/12/2017 03:41 PMPosted by Kirby
Please, people in diamond are trash.