Throwers Throwers EVERYWHERE

Competitive Discussion
Im losing my mind and my SR at such a insane rate of my last 24 matches 18 had throwers. Now when I say throwers I don't mean people were bad or attack torb nothing like that, I mean people sitting in spawn trying to get baskets or hiding in some random corner of the map after clearly stating "I'm throwing because _______". I stopped playing for a long time because of this nonsense when I heard that this game was getting a better report system figured hey lets give competitive a go again. I don't know what is causing this because I've never seen this level of toxicity before, but I gotta know am I the only one seeing this 75% of games of people just refusing to play, I get more team cohesion in quick play for crying out loud.
Same. I just posted about this. Atleast 50% of my games last night had someone inting on symmetra just like you experienced - saying "I'm throwing because __________". It almost seems like the player base is shrinking so quickly that blizzard can't afford to ban people. I miss season 3.....
10/12/2017 09:18 AMPosted by Ducksquad
Same. I just posted about this. Atleast 50% of my games last night had someone inting on symmetra just like you experienced - saying "I'm throwing because __________". It almost seems like the player base is shrinking so quickly that blizzard can't afford to ban people. I miss season 3.....
I doubt its because of the player base shrinking but somethings gotta be done about this.
The first month on S6 was great, the 2nd month is the exact opposite, it is worse the S5.....
10/12/2017 09:28 AMPosted by gGoblin
The first month on S6 was great, the 2nd month is the exact opposite, it is worse the S5.....
How bad as it been for you I'm trying to gauge how bad this is.
Hmmm... Gold seems nice then, i'll climb a bit and meet you guys there!
10/12/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Bastion1
Im losing my mind and my SR at such a insane rate of my last 24 matches 18 had throwers. Now when I say throwers I don't mean people were bad or attack torb nothing like that, I mean people sitting in spawn trying to get baskets or hiding in some random corner of the map after clearly stating "I'm throwing because _______". I stopped playing for a long time because of this nonsense when I heard that this game was getting a better report system figured hey lets give competitive a go again. I don't know what is causing this because I've never seen this level of toxicity before, but I gotta know am I the only one seeing this 75% of games of people just refusing to play, I get more team cohesion in quick play for crying out loud.

welcome to season 6, dropped out of diamond because of smurfs and throwers, i dont know how bad pc is but since its free to make a smurf on console theres a whole lot of them
10/12/2017 10:08 AMPosted by Firehawk
10/12/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Bastion1

welcome to season 6, dropped out of diamond because of smurfs and throwers, i dont know how bad pc is but since its free to make a smurf on console theres a whole lot of them
One guy made a point to mention he has 3 accounts so he couldnt care less. Im on pc didnt know you could just make smurfs on consoles sounds awful.
10/12/2017 10:46 AMPosted by Bastion1
10/12/2017 10:08 AMPosted by Firehawk

One guy made a point to mention he has 3 accounts so he couldnt care less. Im on pc didnt know you could just make smurfs on consoles sounds awful.

yes it is very bad, anyone can make a smurf as long as they just make a new email which takes at most 3 minutes
I lost 10 games in a row, from 3400SR to 3180SR, two of those games at maximum were lost because of my bad plays. Final nail in the coffin was last game, guy actually said "this is my smurf, i dont care", isntalocked dps with his teammate and throwed the whole game.
Blizz is pumping money and focusing on Overwatch league, which has questionable future (30k views on a finals of a biggest tournament is a joke, open you eyes, OW is not an entertaining esport to watch) instead of improving gigantic errors in competitive for at least last half a year.
I am done for now, just bought a PUBG ...
10/13/2017 12:03 PMPosted by Firehawk
10/12/2017 10:46 AMPosted by Bastion1
...One guy made a point to mention he has 3 accounts so he couldnt care less. Im on pc didnt know you could just make smurfs on consoles sounds awful.

yes it is very bad, anyone can make a smurf as long as they just make a new email which takes at most 3 minutes

Yes but then they have go level up the smurf to 25 6-10 hours
Place 2-3 hours.

Then that new smurf must deal with the inevitability of the game internally labeling them as a smurf. And gaining 50-70 sr from a game that's slightly above average.....

The smurf process In a way promotes throwing. If a player leveled up a new account for the purpose of being at a lower sr bracket then spent all the time leveling it all the damn way up you best believe that player is likely to throw or not try as soon as the gains start thrusting them upwards. Its human nature they are subconsciously protecting their investment of time.

Blizzard just needs to make it where if the game thinks your smurfing it would just let you into comp instead of 25 levels.

People would just make new smurfs instead of throwing