Totem style Healer

General Discussion
I'd honestly like to see a front line aggressive DPS-oriented healer that puts down healing and buff/debuff totems. Similar to Rehgar of HotS.

Think about it, the most boring aspect of a healer dps "mains" perceived is the passiveness. But if you bring out an aggressive dps utility/healer, dps players might be more incentivized to pick up a healer instead of a fourth sniper.

Make him a Shimada too if you have to, that'll get all the weebos riled up.
the post got worse and worse
Soldier 76 ... ?
10/13/2017 08:11 AMPosted by Backwoods
the post got worse and worse

If you played Rehgar in HotS, you'd know what I'm talking about. He's a melee style high mobility healer that throws totems to heal/buff/debuff allies/enemies and is pretty fun to play.
Gronk
10/13/2017 08:11 AMPosted by FoolishStew5
Soldier 76 ... ?

Too small, I'm talking about Lucio sized AoE healing, plus you'd have other totems like a slowing effect.

You could think of it as a healer designed to compete with Lucio, a healer who has never had any competition since closed BETA.
Couldn't Lucio be considered a walking totem healer? I understand what you want, someone who sets something down that heals independent of you, it's just I feel there are already many heroes that already have autonomous abilities (Torb/Sym/Zen).
get grohk'd
10/13/2017 08:09 AMPosted by Bullseye
I'd honestly like to see a front line aggressive DPS-oriented healer that puts down healing and buff/debuff totems. Similar to Rehgar of HotS.

Think about it, the most boring aspect of a healer dps "mains" perceived is the passiveness. But if you bring out an aggressive dps utility/healer, dps players might be more incentivized to pick up a healer instead of a fourth sniper.

sounds cool
I've always thought a Native American themed hero with totems that heal and buff would be cool. Perhaps an ultimate that makes a team mate invincible for a few seconds or even possessing an enemy.
You already have two aggressive healers, Zenyatta and Lucio, both with "set and forget" style healing that can focus on attacking and maneuvering while still doing their support job.

Personally, I'd rather have more supports that do things other than heal. A full debuff support would be cool for me. Someone like Xenobia from Gigantic.
except having breakable healing sources makes for a weak healer.
10/13/2017 08:09 AMPosted by Bullseye

Grohk from Paladins.
10/13/2017 08:17 AMPosted by Bullseye
10/13/2017 08:11 AMPosted by FoolishStew5
Soldier 76 ... ?

Too small, I'm talking about Lucio sized AoE healing, plus you'd have other totems like a slowing effect.

You could think of it as a healer designed to compete with Lucio, a healer who has never had any competition since closed BETA.
slow totems? You mean like symmetra?
We had an aggressive healer for DPS players. You nerfed her into irrelevance.
10/13/2017 08:43 AMPosted by Magypsy
We had an aggressive healer for DPS players. You nerfed her into irrelevance.

I don't recall Zenyatta ever having been irrelevant, except at launch when he had 150HP. Nor do I recall him being a she.

Same story with Lucio. He really hasn't been irrelevant, nor has ever been a she.
Did the ana icon not give away who tmagypsy was referring to?
10/13/2017 09:01 AMPosted by Jechtshot
Did the ana icon not give away who tmagypsy was referring to?

Zen and Lucio are both very aggressive, as well. And I feel people exaggerate when they say Ana was nerfed into the ground. She has infinitely more range to her potential healing than Mercy, has more utility between Biotic Grenade's two effects and Sleep Dart, plus has an aggressive ult that is easier to combo with other ults, and even when put onto a hero with no ult can still do work.
10/13/2017 08:37 AMPosted by FoolishStew5
10/13/2017 08:17 AMPosted by Bullseye

slow totems? You mean like symmetra?

not as flimsy, and has a wider range. I imagine throwing the Totem like a spear in the middle of the enemy team to give them an instant slow effect.
Yes, and I also want a tank-support hybrid.

The more supports, the more fun.