We need new healer, a Symmetra adjustment, and Ana buffs.

General Discussion
If they do this the support roster will have so much life to it

Being able to play Sym on attack without feeling like an awkward gimmick would be great.

A new healer adds obvious variety.

Ana being on the same playing field as the other supports would make her a welcome pick again.

With all this supports would not get bored any more because I know I am.

If u have to main heal too bad pick Mercy, Ana isn't really in a good place right now and Lucio/Zen cant do it. Sym as the 2nd support or on Attack? too bad your team will rage at you to switch, or they will pick the 3rd support and lose you the game because your team thinks Symmetra is a DPS character *triggered*

This is all the support category really needs right now imo.
Symmetra is fine as she is even on attack. If you know what you're doing with her she feels like a different with the mindset you need to know how to use her for pushing and anti flank. Ana or the others could use some more test adjustments though to their healing or more unique traits. They all have parts that separate them from Mercy but those aspects are so sidelined on their kit in terms of power.
10/19/2017 11:18 AMPosted by BlyZeraz
Symmetra is fine as she is even on attack. If you know what you're doing with her she feels like a different with the mindset you need to know how to use her for pushing and anti flank. Ana or the others could use some more test adjustments though to their healing or more unique traits. They all have parts that separate them from Mercy but those aspects are so sidelined on their kit in terms of power.

Symmetra CAN work on attack but it doesn't mean she doesn't need changes to make her better.

for the most part I would agree that she can work on attack but the problem is, her turrets are terrible for moving forward they can protect your flank and they work on 2cp or KOTH when you got to hold the point. But out of all the other support shes the only one who isn't good on certain maps on attack and this is what makes the support roster feel even smaller.
[BLUE POST] We agree with you. That's why we've been testing some things internally and we feel that...

jk.. the devs don't care about Ana and Sym
10/19/2017 11:20 AMPosted by Solitude

Symmetra CAN work on attack but it doesn't mean she doesn't need changes to make her better.

Symmetra has always felt fine for me ever since her rework sometime back. Im not saying she is perfect but when I solo que my way to 3700SR with her on attack and 2CP maps included it seems wrong to say she is bad. And unfortunately a lot of suggestions people try make are the still unwanted healing ideas on her or to rework her completely again. Symmetra is a pretty hard hero to change without really shifting her playstyle and feel because there isn't much you can do for number values or less severe changes that would make her better in one way without taking from her in another.
She does need QoL changes though. Still waiting on those visible turrets and ults.
Symmetra has always felt fine for me ever since her rework sometime back. Im not saying she is perfect but when I solo que my way to 3700SR with her on attack and 2CP maps included it seems wrong to say she is bad. And unfortunately a lot of suggestions people try make are the still unwanted healing ideas on her or to rework her completely again. Symmetra is a pretty hard hero to change without really shifting her playstyle and feel because there isn't much you can do for number values or less severe changes that would make her better in one way without taking from her in another.

So? I'm a gm Symmetra main, and yes she needs love. Anyone can be high rated with any hero. But some hero's are just better then others, and some need help.
10/19/2017 11:42 AMPosted by Micrøwave

So? I'm a gm Symmetra main, and yes she needs love. Anyone can be high rated with any hero. But some hero's are just better then others, and some need help.

So what kind of changes do think could help bring her out a more niche pick state without actually changing her core strengths? Or do you maybe think those should be changed?
So what kind of changes do think could help bring her out a more niche pick state without actually changing her core strengths? Or do you maybe think those should be changed?

I wrote how to fix her here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759249296#post-1
10/19/2017 11:51 AMPosted by Micrøwave

I wrote how to fix her here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759249296#post-1

I read your post it was actually some good Idea's that would definitely make Symmetra fun to play. I just wish that Blizzard communicated with us.

Riot has a dev blog

Riot has rioters who post on reddit/boards

They have PTR that is updated every other day

They really spoiled me. I understand that blizz said dealing with OW fans are scary, but we are left in the dark on so many questions.
10/19/2017 11:50 AMPosted by BlyZeraz

Just give her a third ultimate, Her ultimates are balanced since she can only have one out at a time and they can be destroyed, As long as the ultimate itself is balanced it shouldn't be too much of a problem giving her another option.

There are many options on what the ultimate could do, It could be more support focused like the current ultimates such as a "cooldown reduction device" or something more attack orientated such as a "Turret booster" or "Energy ball booster". Hell there could even be an ultimate which makes Photon barrier do damage on impact or gain 1 turret in the middle so it attacks as it moves forward.
There are so many interesting possibilities.
10/20/2017 01:09 PMPosted by Elusive
10/19/2017 11:50 AMPosted by BlyZeraz

Just give her a third ultimate, Her ultimates are balanced since she can only have one out at a time and they can be destroyed, As long as the ultimate itself is balanced it shouldn't be too much of a problem giving her another option.

There are many options on what the ultimate could do, It could be more support focused like the current ultimates such as a "cooldown reduction device" or something more attack orientated such as a "Turret booster" or "Energy ball booster". Hell there could even be an ultimate which makes Photon barrier do damage on impact or gain 1 turret in the middle so it attacks as it moves forward.
There are so many interesting possibilities.

This would be interesting but I think it would add way too much flexibility she might end up with a counter for everything lol
10/19/2017 11:33 AMPosted by BlyZeraz
She does need QoL changes though. Still waiting on those visible turrets and ults.

This.

"Protect the shield generator!"

Okay, where is it?
10/20/2017 10:18 PMPosted by Silawatsi
10/19/2017 11:33 AMPosted by BlyZeraz

This.

"Protect the shield generator!"

Okay, where is it?

Sometimes I wonder how much this would help because I feel like unless Sym is trying to defend it, by the time this quote is spoken it's already too late.
The real problem with Symmetra is, how her Turret is way too defensive and easily destroyed, that's one of her extreme weaknesses in Attack, if the devs give Symmetra a larger build range for Symmetra's sentry turret, the weakness is negated for attack and still the same for defense.
sym is easily the worst and most niche/risky to use if its not defense support imo
Sym is risky on Attack just because of her turrets. You often have to do unorthodox risky stuff to get value out of her in that situation.

I don't think she needs actual buffs. Some tweaks to the way her beam functions would be great, like tightening the cone by 50% or making the disconnect and connect range the same or closer together.

Ana needs serious help
10/19/2017 11:51 AMPosted by Micrøwave

I really love these proposed changes! My favorite is the one where Symmetra can place turrets without slowing down.