Why is this considered balanced?

General Discussion
Genji deflecting an enemy graviton and pulse bomb for a 5k:

https://gfycat.com/SpeedyInsignificantDromedary

No other hero has the power to nullify an opponent's ultimate AND use that ultimate against them - let alone two ultimates at the same time. It's even more ridiculous that the move which does this has an 8 second cooldown.

You can't argue that this was a skillful play by Genji because he was point blank with the Zarya and Tracer - too close to react to the audio or visual cues. Watch the frames and you can see deflect is actually pushed at the exact same time the pulse bomb appears on the screen. This was simply a lucky deflect which resulted in wiping the other team using their own abilities - something no one else has the power to do.

I understand that this doesn't happen every game - but in a team game where heroes are intentionally weak so that they need to work as a team in order to win, this shouldn't even be possible.

Can any other hero press their "E" ability once and wipe an entire enemy team on full hp?
don't shoot your ult at genji unless you KNOW he doesn't have reflect

when can people learn this?
Cry harder, please.
10/21/2017 01:54 PMPosted by Hatless

So one dps char should be able to counter a multitude of every single ult and follow up with his ult? I swear the genji mains have spread stupidity to more then just genji mains now
10/21/2017 01:53 PMPosted by CaptPlanet
No other hero has the power to nullify an opponent's ultimate AND use that ultimate against them

I can think of plenty of heroes who nullify others ults or abilities.
10/21/2017 01:56 PMPosted by mindghosts
No other hero has the power to nullify an opponent's ultimate AND use that ultimate against them

Did you forget to read the second half of the sentence?

Key word NULLIFY.
Genji is the only hero who can turn his enemy's ultimate's into his own (on an E ABILITY) while stiil having his own ultimate available.

It's not an OP thing that he can do that, but add that to all the other bloat that is in his kit just takes everything over the top.

1. Dash reset on 50% or more damage dealt
2. Smaller dash hitbox, its basically the size of doom's fist before the nerf which is too big and doesn't require you to even be aiming at the enemy, he needs the same treatment.
2. MUCH smaller deflect hitbox with a corresponding graphic
3. Soft-cooldown on double jump nonsense so it can't be spammed, hes the only hero with basically 3 passives (dash reset, double jump, wall climb). Or anything that gives some kind of disadvantage to his passives.
4. Fall of damage to his primary fire

Dash and deflect are the main problems though.
What 100% needs to happen
1. Deflect hitbox drastically reduced with a graphic that makes it very obvious how big it is.
2. Dash reset on 50% hp or above.
3. Maybe get rid of the dash animation cancel bull!@#$

The rest is just annoyances more than anything.

He has more in his kit than any other hero and makes it so his counters can never really counter him as he has an answer to every situation.

Really don't see why people are still so blind to how much stuff is in Genji's kit and what hes capable of doing.

The problem I see is that Genji is a pro Favorited (probably due to his kit and how much he can do). He makes for "exciting" espurts apparently so they won't want to nerf a popular pick.
Yeah deflect cooldown should be longer. Also nerf the dash reset on kill stealing. He should only have it reset if he does at least 50% of the damage to the opposition character. I’ve seen Genji dash 3-4 times in a row killing people then dashing away to recharge his deflect.
Um I have over 100 hours on Genji on about 3 accounts. Here is a list of the ults that I have deflected before (Excluding Reaper, Mccree, Bastion, Roadhog, and Pharah as they're ults are so often deflected they should wait until they see the Genji deflect.)
Grav: Once
Blizzard: Once
Pulse Bomb: None that actually did anything (Idk how many exactly)
Dragonstrike: Once in comp twice in deathmatch (This was when a hanzo popped ult when I dove him after not seeing me use deflect, he killed himself)
Tactical Visor: A lot but I don't recall ever using it to kill the soldier, I think one time I got lucky and managed to use the enemy soldiers tac visor to kill the enemy pharah LOL, it was pure luck though.

The dude in the video clearly got lucky and the other team threw their ults straight into his sword. The other team 100% killed themselves there. It's not that hard to prevent getting your ults thrown back into your face just wait until you've seen/heard Genji use deflect.
10/21/2017 02:06 PMPosted by MagicGnome
Um I have over 100 hours on Genji on about 3 accounts. Here is a list of the ults that I have deflected before (Excluding Reaper, Mccree, Bastion, Roadhog, and Pharah as they're ults are so often deflected they should wait until they see the Genji deflect.)
Grav: Once
Blizzard: Once
Pulse Bomb: None that actually did anything (Idk how many exactly)
Dragonstrike: Once in comp twice in deathmatch (This was when a hanzo popped ult when I dove him after not seeing me use deflect, he killed himself)
Tactical Visor: A lot but I don't recall ever using it to kill the soldier, I think one time I got lucky and managed to use the enemy soldiers tac visor to kill the enemy pharah LOL, it was pure luck though.

The dude in the video clearly got lucky and the other team threw their ults straight into his sword. The other team 100% killed themselves there. It's not that hard to prevent getting your ults thrown back into your face just wait until you've seen/heard Genji use deflect.

"Excluding this huge list of ultimates I counter by pressing 'E'"

You're also missing the point - it shouldn't even be possible to do this. What if Roadhog could press E, steal Genji's sword, and use it for the whole 6 second duration?
This happens like once every thousand years. The zarya and tracer both screwed up by gravving and bombing right in front of a genji who obviously had his deflect up. What the heck were they expecting? Plus the genji showed quite of bit of awareness in timing it perfectly. They simply got outplayed and were punished for it.

How is this a problem? There should be more things in the game like it.
10/21/2017 02:45 PMPosted by Whiskeyjack
This happens like once every thousand years. The zarya and tracer both screwed up by gravving and bombing right in front of a genji who obviously had his deflect up. What the heck were they expecting? Plus the genji showed quite of bit of awareness in timing it perfectly. They simply got outplayed and were punished for it.

How is this a problem? There should be more things in the game like it.

I hope to god u never design a game.
Because he's not a tank.

D.va eats ults and bullets: NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF

Genji deflects ults and bullets and can cause damage with them: L2PLAY NUB.
Genji deflecting an enemy graviton and pulse bomb for a 5k:

https://gfycat.com/SpeedyInsignificantDromedary

No other hero has the power to nullify an opponent's ultimate AND use that ultimate against them - let alone two ultimates at the same time. It's even more ridiculous that the move which does this has an 8 second cooldown.

You can't argue that this was a skillful play by Genji because he was point blank with the Zarya and Tracer - too close to react to the audio or visual cues. Watch the frames and you can see deflect is actually pushed at the exact same time the pulse bomb appears on the screen. This was simply a lucky deflect which resulted in wiping the other team using their own abilities - something no one else has the power to do.

I understand that this doesn't happen every game - but in a team game where heroes are intentionally weak so that they need to work as a team in order to win, this shouldn't even be possible.

Can any other hero press their "E" ability once and wipe an entire enemy team on full hp?

lol we should make genji's delect his ultimate, make his new E be 1 swipe of his ultimate
The fact that the Mercy pop ult and rez at the end when the team fight have already lost is the icing on the cake.
Lol, it actually happened, first people whined about DM and now they're going after Deflect, smh.
Throw D.Va in for eating ults aswell

That’s like saying target Mercy before you Rez or wait until D.Va doesn’t have defense matrix. It really not that easy to wait for deflect to be down because there is any no indication of if he has it or not. Kinda like how you couldn’t tell if D.Va defense matrix has more juice or where Mercy was hiding. BUT they changed those because they were a “big issue” so why can’t Genjis be changed

where have i heard this before?
oh, i remember!

"don't shoot your ult at dva unless you KNOW she is out of mech or dead
when can people learn this?"

didn't help dva at all, people still fired their ults into matrix and went complaining after it got eaten.
aaaand we got a matrix nerf.

keep in mind though, that dva's matrix could only EAT enemy ults, NULLIFY them, not make them her own and kill the enemy team with it...so, why is it ok to nerf matrix but when it comes to genji, everybody is just "l2p, you got outplayed, etc."...wtf?
10/21/2017 02:03 PMPosted by Matsy

Key word NULLIFY.
Genji is the only hero who can turn his enemy's ultimate's into his own (on an E ABILITY) while stiil having his own ultimate available.

It's not an OP thing that he can do that, but add that to all the other bloat that is in his kit just takes everything over the top.

1. Dash reset on 50% or more damage dealt
2. Smaller dash hitbox, its basically the size of doom's fist before the nerf which is too big and doesn't require you to even be aiming at the enemy, he needs the same treatment.
2. MUCH smaller deflect hitbox with a corresponding graphic
3. Soft-cooldown on double jump nonsense so it can't be spammed, hes the only hero with basically 3 passives (dash reset, double jump, wall climb). Or anything that gives some kind of disadvantage to his passives.
4. Fall of damage to his primary fire

Dash and deflect are the main problems though.
What 100% needs to happen
1. Deflect hitbox drastically reduced with a graphic that makes it very obvious how big it is.
2. Dash reset on 50% hp or above.
3. Maybe get rid of the dash animation cancel bull!@#$

The rest is just annoyances more than anything.

He has more in his kit than any other hero and makes it so his counters can never really counter him as he has an answer to every situation.

Really don't see why people are still so blind to how much stuff is in Genji's kit and what hes capable of doing.

The problem I see is that Genji is a pro Favorited (probably due to his kit and how much he can do). He makes for "exciting" espurts apparently so they won't want to nerf a popular pick.

This is maybe the sixth or seventh post I've seen of you(was it you Imma check after this) Completely hating and bashing genji, not even using logic or being analytical just straight up your hate filled personal agenda agaisnt genji the nerfs you suggest, each individually destroy the hero, and all at once is akin to deleting him.

Bro its just a game and genji is a very fun unique part of it. Please stop trying to destroy other people's fun and just play.

I want blizzard to figure out this mercy/Ana situation then release a statement saying we won't be adjusting any more heroes for the time being just to shut the damn forum up for a minute