Why is this considered balanced?

General Discussion
How often does this happen?? We gonna blance game around something that happens rarely sure man! That genji was standing there for more than 8 sec and zarya still shoot at deflect knowing that.
Well they can't just "remove" the ability because of a few lucky outlier plays.

Maybe next time tracer and zarya don't get so trigger happy with their ults with a genji around.

If zarya can play around a dva defense matrix that last 2 seconds but can't play around genji's deflect... then that's just bias.

The only thing they need to do is fix the hit box. And maybe just maybe fight against people wanting to nerf junkrat who helps keep tracer and genji in check.
Why would anyone try to use two ultis through a narrow opening that has a Genji on the otherside w/ deflect? That's a disaster waiting to happen. Bad play on the enemy's part.
10/21/2017 03:06 PMPosted by BuddaǶ
How often does this happen?? We gonna blance game around something that happens rarely sure man! That genji was standing there for more than 8 sec and zarya still shoot at deflect knowing that.

No human can know that Genji was going to pop deflect at the exact same time she popped her ult.

His deflect needs a nerf, it is completely broken. Like people are saying, it's a DM with the ability to use the ults stopped.

Broken.
10/21/2017 03:22 PMPosted by TooLateNow

No human can know that Genji was going to pop deflect at the exact same time she popped her ult.

[/quote]

If nothing else, a .5s casting time with a sound/visual would at least make it fair so that people don't get deflected right when they shoot.
I can't believe I just saw what I just saw.
That shouldn't be a thing...
10/21/2017 01:54 PMPosted by Hatless
don't shoot your ult at genji unless you KNOW he doesn't have reflect

when can people learn this?

Why did this get so many downvotes? Gengi's reflect has a loud sound queue. It's one of the easier abilities to track. If you're trying to make a major play with an ult against a gengi, reflect (and his location) is one of the things to pay attention to before committing.
You're complaining about a play that happens once every how many matches?
10/21/2017 01:53 PMPosted by CaptPlanet
Genji deflecting an enemy graviton and pulse bomb for a 5k:

https://gfycat.com/SpeedyInsignificantDromedary

No other hero has the power to nullify an opponent's ultimate AND use that ultimate against them - let alone two ultimates at the same time. It's even more ridiculous that the move which does this has an 8 second cooldown.

You can't argue that this was a skillful play by Genji because he was point blank with the Zarya and Tracer - too close to react to the audio or visual cues. Watch the frames and you can see deflect is actually pushed at the exact same time the pulse bomb appears on the screen. This was simply a lucky deflect which resulted in wiping the other team using their own abilities - something no one else has the power to do.

I understand that this doesn't happen every game - but in a team game where heroes are intentionally weak so that they need to work as a team in order to win, this shouldn't even be possible.

Can any other hero press their "E" ability once and wipe an entire enemy team on full hp?
D.va? She could have just ate those ults?
How dare the game have some sort of counterplay?! Why can't we just get our ults up, not properly set them up and get huge results?! ffs blizzard WHY DO WE HAVE TO THINK!?
10/22/2017 02:21 AMPosted by SteveyHooves
D.va? She could have just ate those ults?

She eats ults, she doesn't reflect them. And everyone complained that it was unbearable and had to go. Now a tank character has the same defensive skill as Genji, with the same uptime, but worse.
I get your point, deflect is really overpowered for such a low cooldown. In my perfect world, it would just do only what it says...deflect. it wouldn't perfectly aim whatever back at the user and give them their own damage, that feels like the overpowered part. If it just deflected whatever and made it fly off into space, that would be such a better way to balance a low cooldown ability that can reverse entire ultimates.

On the other hand, complaining about genji deflecting ultimates isn't my first thing I'd complain about, because I have never seen it happen, except for really easy ones like soldier and mccree. For a genji to deflect zarya or mei or somethign is almost always by accident unless it's a real pro genji
10/21/2017 03:13 PMPosted by Atsuka
Why would anyone try to use two ultis through a narrow opening that has a Genji on the otherside w/ deflect? That's a disaster waiting to happen. Bad play on the enemy's part.

Maybe so, but deflect has misleading visuals. Guess they assumed that Genji doesn't deflect that far.
10/21/2017 01:56 PMPosted by Zenkoast
10/21/2017 01:54 PMPosted by Hatless
don't shoot your ult at genji unless you KNOW he doesn't have reflect

when can people learn this?

So one dps char should be able to counter a multitude of every single ult and follow up with his ult? I swear the genji mains have spread stupidity to more then just genji mains now
Dva can do it too?

And Mei?

And Zarya?

And Sombra now?

People complain about characters pressing Q and winning, but when a character can deny that everyone freaks out
10/21/2017 01:55 PMPosted by Bl00drush
Cry harder, please.
Genji main? Check
10/21/2017 01:56 PMPosted by mindghosts
10/21/2017 01:53 PMPosted by CaptPlanet
No other hero has the power to nullify an opponent's ultimate AND use that ultimate against them

I can think of plenty of heroes who nullify others ults or abilities.

Plenty? Mind to tell me 2 not counting Genji? :)
10/21/2017 01:56 PMPosted by Zenkoast

So one dps char should be able to counter a multitude of every single ult and follow up with his ult? I swear the genji mains have spread stupidity to more then just genji mains now
Dva can do it too?

People complain about characters pressing Q and winning, but when a character can deny that everyone freaks out
Dva removes it, she doesnt !@#$ing send it back lmao.
thats the thing, its not
Most Genji mains miss the point here, its not about "dont use it wait for grav!" It was same story with DVa dont use ulti she got DM up, it got nerfed cause it ate ults, but why is Genji able to not eat, but DEFLECT ultis? Stealing them is just broken and should not happen, after all its an ulti. and being able to counter 80% of them is broken.
10/22/2017 04:24 AMPosted by DinozaDude
10/21/2017 01:56 PMPosted by mindghosts

I can think of plenty of heroes who nullify others ults or abilities.

Plenty? Mind to tell me 2 not counting Genji? :)
Dva and Mei