Why is this considered balanced?

General Discussion
"Why can't I kill Genji with exactly no effort? I think the fact that I need to pull the trigger to hurt him is unacceptable"
^ Mindset behind this kind of post
10/22/2017 04:28 AMPosted by HappyFeet
10/22/2017 04:24 AMPosted by DinozaDude

Plenty? Mind to tell me 2 not counting Genji? :)
Dva and Mei

DVa blocks them, Mei? I dno she can "Freeze" them after a delay but none of the 2 can steal the ulti its like Roadhog hooks you and takes your blade away for its full duration.
Didn't DPS players complain about how D.va could eat ultimates for a very long duration (4 seconds) even tho she is a tank hero which is meant to mitigate damage? Why is the ability to turn somebodies ultimate against them not complained about, i'm not really anti Genji or anything like the rest of this forum is but it is something i question sometimes.
10/22/2017 04:30 AMPosted by DinozaDude
10/22/2017 04:28 AMPosted by HappyFeet
...Dva and Mei

DVa blocks them, Mei? I dno she can "Freeze" them after a delay but none of the 2 can steal the ulti its like Roadhog hooks you and takes your blade away for its full duration.
Lol no

Mei’s ice wall. You can block most ults with it. Or at least minimize their effectiveness, if not just cryofreeze to save yourself
10/22/2017 04:32 AMPosted by HappyFeet
10/22/2017 04:30 AMPosted by DinozaDude

Lol no

Mei’s ice wall. You can block most ults with it. Or at least minimize their effectiveness, if not just cryofreeze to save yourself

So she can block them if you really play it well? She still can not steal the ulti and send it back to the enemy team for its full duration/damge/effect.
10/22/2017 04:33 AMPosted by DinozaDude
10/22/2017 04:32 AMPosted by HappyFeet
...Lol no

So she can block them if you really play it well? She still can not steal the ulti and send it back to the enemy team for its full duration/damge/effect.
Yeah buddy, move those goal posts
10/22/2017 04:30 AMPosted by Fontaisha
Didn't DPS players complain about how D.va could eat ultimates for a very long duration (4 seconds) even tho she is a tank hero which is meant to mitigate damage? Why is the ability to turn somebodies ultimate against them not complained about, i'm not really anti Genji or anything like the rest of this forum is but it is something i question sometimes.

Because Genji's Deflect is not consistent in deflecting Team wiping ult like Graviton or Pulse Bomb like D.Va's Matrix which is very consistent and could be used on other teammates who needs the protection.

Also, Genji's Deflect can only be cancelled by using Swift Strike or Wall Climb which makes him easier to predict. It's just people are not aware of that and thinks he's so strong lol. I don't have problem dealing with Genji with McCree but it's not like that for everyone. But that's fine. I'd prefer a game in which you can outplay your counters rather than making them useless just by picking a certain hero. If I want a rock-paper-scissors game, I'd play For Honor instead.
10/22/2017 02:25 AMPosted by Tankz
How dare the game have some sort of counterplay?! Why can't we just get our ults up, not properly set them up and get huge results?! ffs blizzard WHY DO WE HAVE TO THINK!?

So where's the hero that can steal Genji's sword and swing it at him? If we're going to have heroes be able to steal ultimates, someone should be able to steal Genji's ultimate too.
Blah blah blah, Genji’s OP, blah blah blah.

Keep on beating that dead horse, OP. I’m sure Blizzard agrees with you. NOT! HAHAHA
I just don't like how deflect is basically an "invincibility" button. The hitbox is way bigger than the animation, and he can't be melee'd while he's doing it. Why is that even a thing??
patch devs have made it pretty clear that there "balance" does not correspond with what everyone else considered balance
10/22/2017 12:49 PMPosted by Shadow426
patch devs have made it pretty clear that there "balance" does not correspond with what everyone else considered balance

Everyone has their own idea of balance, and I understand that my ideas may not be the views of anyone else. But I refuse to believe anyone could find Genji and McCree to be balanced with each other. Genji's way less dependent on his team, he's got a much better ultimate, and he's got the tools in his kit to deal with every single situation.
There's a lot of comparisons between D.va's DM and Genji's deflect here. Genji's deflect is a 2 second ability with an 8 second cooldown that has red slash effects and a loud blade noise, which is a lot easier to play around than Defense Matrix was, since it used to have a duration of up to 4-5 seconds that could be cancelled anytime and had a cooldown of 1 second. With good management, you could have DM anytime you needed it. With deflect, once you know Genji's deflect is on cooldown you can freely use your ult. If you see the visual effects of deflect and hear the noise, don't shoot at him.

This is also a very rare occurrence and the game probably should not be balanced around these niche situations. However I do agree that his deflect hitbox doesn't need to be so much larger than its visual. I'm not saying destroy the hitbox like they did with Doomfist's charge hitbox, but it could be tuned down.
10/22/2017 08:02 PMPosted by Brogan
There's a lot of comparisons between D.va's DM and Genji's deflect here. Genji's deflect is a 2 second ability with an 8 second cooldown that has red slash effects and a loud blade noise, which is a lot easier to play around than Defense Matrix was, since it used to have a duration of up to 4-5 seconds that could be cancelled anytime and had a cooldown of 1 second. With good management, you could have DM anytime you needed it. With deflect, once you know Genji's deflect is on cooldown you can freely use your ult. If you see the visual effects of deflect and hear the noise, don't shoot at him.

This is also a very rare occurrence and the game probably should not be balanced around these niche situations. However I do agree that his deflect hitbox doesn't need to be so much larger than its visual. I'm not saying destroy the hitbox like they did with Doomfist's charge hitbox, but it could be tuned down.

The D.Va comparisons are silly - defense matrix didn't both nullify ultimates and let you use them against the other team.
holy hell this was actually awesome
10/22/2017 04:28 AMPosted by Engi3
"Why can't I kill Genji with exactly no effort? I think the fact that I need to pull the trigger to hurt him is unacceptable"
^ Mindset behind this kind of post

This post has nothing to do with killing Genji. Nice reading comprehension skills.