The OW Blizzcon reveals were weak

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
11/03/2017 04:41 PMPosted by Buzzintate
I was expecting a double character reveal, but I guess they are too busy making overwatch an esport to care about content right now

When Reinhardts VA said "Another" I was getting HYPED man. YOU HAVE NO IDEA! I was like " A DOUBLE CHARACTE REVEAL!? WHAT!?"

Then it was the short...needless to say my little heart had been destroyed.
11/04/2017 10:24 AMPosted by Seph
11/03/2017 05:04 PMPosted by Bigfoot
D3 = dead
SC2 = almost dead, F2P last straw
Hearthstone = never really cared
WoW = not enjoying 2006 graphics and gameplay style in 2017 anymore
Overwatch = esports profit and stale cash grab

HOTS = wannabe LoL/Dota 2 that never really managed to jump out of their shadow

Wanna know the difference between HotS and LoL/Dota? HotS is actually fun, and has developers that actually care about their playerbase.

Go to the Heroes Forums. They get blue posts like crazy there for the dev team likes to get one on one time with the players. People complain about a hero being weak and unfun to play, the devs come on and say "Alright, we'll buff him," and in a day the buff is already on PTR. Plus they're the first dev team at Blizzard that gets balancing done right, with fast buffs and nerfs that are never severe or make a hero useless.
I really wanted a massive overhaul to how competitive works.

I wanted a guild or clan system that rewards players for grouping up as a team.

The current system is terrible. You're punished for grouping up.

Let me say that again for emphasis:

This is a team and coordination based game and you're punishing players for grouping up.

I'm expected to solo queue and hope that luck is on my side.

Maybe I'll get the team with the Smurfs and the other team will get the toxic throwers, trolls, and leavers.

Maybe the other team will get the Smurfs and I'll get the throwers, trolls, and leavers.

It's a crapshoot. It's unfun. And is a poor system for anything attempting to measure and rate player skill.
Wow:Awesome cinematic and expansions
Starcraft:Free to play?! i will 100% dowload it
Heartsone:not bad,but my fav thing is that i will get free card if i start playing on monday
Hots:HANZO MAINS ALERT! HANZO MAINS ALERT!
Ow:loots of stuff.Probabably my fav thing was new map and animated short,but new hero was meh

after all i liked all reveals
I guess maybe OW was just outshined by the other games this time, not because it was bad but because the others were just THAT good.
11/05/2017 09:31 AMPosted by Destian
I guess maybe OW was just outshined by the other games this time, not because it was bad but because the others were just THAT good.

It's not a contest. Overwatch's reveals were just mediocre and lackluster, especially since we're starving for new content with how slow it is.
I'm at least satisfied that there was a map AND hero. Honestly, I was expecting just a hero and esports esports esports. That's more of a statement on how low my expectations have become though.
All I know is, they better be hard at work on a new game mode with a pack of maps for it. Because 2cp, payload, and KOTH are getting old.
11/05/2017 04:53 PMPosted by Rawflax
All I know is, they better be hard at work on a new game mode with a pack of maps for it. Because 2cp, payload, and KOTH are getting old.

Amen. Had this concern since release, actually. The occasional brawl/arcade special modes have been interesting enough for the moment, but competitive is definitely suffering.
I really, really hope that once they finish establishing the Overwatch league, the rate of content for the main game will ramp up.

From a purely practical perspective, I understand why Blizzard is working so hard to set up an esports scene. Once it takes off, they'll have a massive lane of revenue that they can use to fund the main game. (No more living off loot box sales!)

BUT: From the perspective of an emotional player who's practically sold their soul to Overwatch.... WAAAHHHH!! WHERE'S MY NEW CONTENT?!?!
11/05/2017 05:11 PMPosted by Silawatsi
I really, really hope that once they finish establishing the Overwatch league, the rate of content for the main game will ramp up.

From a purely practical perspective, I understand why Blizzard is working so hard to set up an esports scene. Once it takes off, they'll have a massive lane of revenue that they can use to fund the main game. (No more living off loot box sales!)

BUT: From the perspective of an emotional player who's practically sold their soul to Overwatch.... WAAAHHHH!! WHERE'S MY NEW CONTENT?!?!

Actually it's more practical to let the community make their eSports scene then for a company to force it. If the game isn't fun to play, what makes you think it'll be fun to watch? Work on your game, then let the community work on a scene and build up from there. That's what Valve did, and that's what Nintendo is doing.
11/03/2017 05:26 PMPosted by Bigfoot
11/03/2017 05:18 PMPosted by DrScaphandre

Huh, nothing on Heroes of the Storm? Guess they're doing something right.

Heroes has by far the best dev team at Blizzard.

this guy, I like this guy.
11/03/2017 05:26 PMPosted by Bigfoot
11/03/2017 05:18 PMPosted by DrScaphandre

Huh, nothing on Heroes of the Storm? Guess they're doing something right.

Heroes has by far the best dev team at Blizzard.

Best post in the thread. Give this guy some love.
You forgot about all the OWL announcements.

Check out the new OWL website. it is awesome.

I think it was a pretty awesome Blizzcon for OW
I watched like 20 hours content of Blizzcon Overwatch Content

And there was no update on Doomfist, Buff, Bug fix or Balance.

W

T

F
11/03/2017 04:27 PMPosted by DrScaphandre
The other four games had major big announcements that shocked and awed the whole crowd (That Vanilla Server announcement alone was a massive gamechanger) while all we got was regular content, and we're already starving for content with how slow it is, and with how the dev team seems more focused on Overwatch League than new content for the rest of us, it seems that pattern is gonna just continue.

Yeah, objectively speaking OW definitely had the weaker announcement out of all the properties excluding Diablo (RIP).

Thought they somehow made up for it with the emotional and awesome Reinhardt short.

I think it also helps to go into the weekend prepared for the entire OW Blizzcon experience to revolve around eSports/OWL and nothing else. Being pleasantly surprised at the non-eSports announcements really did help with satisfaction level.