Searching for reasons on my suspension.

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11
They responded to this earlier from another poster. If you don't hear back from Blizzard, this may be why. To be clear, I think they should respond because this response isn't particularly clear imo. But nevertheless I wanted to make sure you saw since its about your ban.

11/11/2017 10:35 AMPosted by Josh Engen
I just wanted to chime in and make sure that everyone knows that we’re currently digging into the reports, investigating this ban, and thinking about how this type of situation affects specialized players and their teammates.

We take both sides of the issue very seriously. We believe that players should be able to choose their favorite heroes, but playing as a team (which includes building an effective team composition) is a core part of the Overwatch experience. It’s a delicate balance, and we’re still working on getting it right (and probably always will be).

If you’ve been playing Blizzard games for a while, you’ve probably heard us use the phrase “Play nice; play fair.” It’s like a mantra around the Blizzard campus, and it’s a big part of the way that we approach situations like this. People tend to focus on the “playing fair” part, but they forget about “playing nice.” Sometimes that means switching off at your teammates' request, and sometimes that means working around your teammate’s specialization.

Either way, Overwatch is more fun when everyone is playing nice.

Thank you for your patience as we investigate this situation, and thank you for your passion/enthusiasm about Overwatch.
...We can confirm Fuey’s was different because we have his streams

https://clips.twitch.tv/IntelligentAggressiveSproutEagleEye

And the footage of a player actively harassing him

Ok, but what happen when he's not acting for twitch?, you cant proves innocence with a video, streamers acts, do not react, they need to be something maybe they arent really are
By this logic, you could literally never prove he’s not toxic.

“No proof”

“We have his streams”

“Not good enough”

“People who know him know he’s not toxic”

“Not good enough”

“Here’s a player making a false report against him”

“Not good enough”
Being an OT is against what Ow is about SWITCHING.
So you deserved your ban.
11/13/2017 06:25 PMPosted by Quest
Again, I feel if you got to the top 500 by one tricking you don't deserve to be there. Call me crazy.

No. that would be terrible man. Have you faced against a smurf or someone doing a silver to GM challenge. Because that will be exactly how it feels like. Top500 torb wrecking everyone in high plat. That feeling sucks. A GM symm in plat feels real bad, with your supports screaming at you to deal with the symm. A torb would be much worse, as they are much more versitile mechanically. Switch to pharah, kill his turret(probably the least important part of his kit)? the GM torb freaking shoots you down with his gun.

Avoid one-tricks? Well we then run into several problems,

1. What even constitute a one-trick? Do you consider fuey a one trick, but he plays both reind and torb, and he switches on maps that are simply unsuitable for torbs and go reind. Maybe put a limit on how many hours or a ratio on how distributed your hero pool has to be? Well that would simply be unfun wouldn't it? Say you main mercy, and you are in the team where you are the best mercy based off win rate, but the system reminds you, no you can't play mercy because you are over the ratio of play times, well aren't you putting your team at a disadvantage then?

I guess the solution to this would be to force them to play different heros over the last few matches, like you can't play mercy or lucio 5 rounds in a row. Okay, but how is that different from someone maining a character, what if that round the team needs a mercy? It's not that simple, and very hard to control.

2. Approximately a fifth of the playerbase mains or specializes in one heros. meaning they spend over 50% of their time on one hero(http://www.omnicmeta.com/2017/04/does-specializing-in-hero-matter.html). That seems rather unflexible to me, as a generalist, you would probably need to flex for them. They will probably be sub-par on the other heros considering their play time.

Are you talking about removing them from the normal competitive quque? That is alot of people! Well maybe you are talking about the ones who spend more than 80% of their time on a hero, well that is still a 6% of the OW population. This is not going to happen unless blizzard is crazy.

But let's assume blizzard is crazy, well congrats you made life miserable for 6-20% of the overwatch population, but who cares, I don't have to play with people who one trick anymore. Yay. Well you are also probably going to enjoy your long quque time, with little impact on your win percentage. But hey the game experience is better now! well that depends, do you enjoy constantly switching characters? Because that is what happens when you play with groups of generalist who are overall evenly skilled across several characters. It would be he counters you, you switch to counter him, he switches to counter you. For me I actually enjoy seeing a one trick on the enemy team, especially the likes of symm and genji, I go winston, jump in and kill her, its awesome. But if you dont like that, well, have fun playing switcherou.

==========

But it's unfair! is it though? The chance of you getting a one trick on your team and the other team is equal. As a generalist, you should be happy in the overall presence of one trick, afterall, you can switch to heavily conter their one trick or work well with your own one trick. In the long run, with one tricks, you should rise rather than fall because you are able to flex better to accomodate him. Unlike other one tricks who get stuck with other one tricks, they are often screwed, haha. If you are indeed someone who flex, you should be happy by the overall presence of one trick, though having one on your team is still a drag usually, particularly if they are countered.

If you don't want to switch for the one trick, that is fine too. Though if your goal is winning, your action is little different from those of the one trick. I do this sometimes and I dont regret it or give a damn XD

But you are damn wrong if you think one trick are unflexible. They are at their rank for a reason, "counter" is heavily dependent on skill. The one tricks often are able to deal or avoid their counter, even if you are not switching to help them. They are used to it, afterall if you go torb, there is a high chance of you pissing everyone off at the beginning of the match and no one helps you. it's not every game that if a "counter" of the one trick exist on the other team, you are screwed. Often its the case that your team in general are not flexible enough to deal with the other team anyways. You would tell torb main to switch off in the face of a pharah main, but it often ends with the same result of defeat because no one in your team is actaully capable of taking out the pharah. if there is someon capable of dealing with the pharah, it probably won't be so much of a problem anyways. its often that the teams are not flexible , there is a counter on the other team and there is a one trick on your team that contribute to the loss. and realize this is the same on both sides. As a pharah one-trick you are betting on that the other team does not have sufficicent coordination or hitscan skill to deal with your superior skill on pharah.

But hey, this is just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt, preferably rice XD
11/13/2017 08:19 PMPosted by TheReinhardt

What gives him the right to DEMAND to play Torb? The rest of his team had left spawn, I saw the clip. They had gone on to play.

Just own this, please. This is just another example of toxic one trick behavior. It is not new, or unique, and if you were honest, I would be AMAZED if you have not seen it in person.
Even If Xul was totally at fault, that doesn’t excuse what happened to Fuey. And now the #1 Symmetra was suspended for the same thing a few days prior?

Is the #1 Sym still Stevo?
11/13/2017 08:08 PMPosted by Egres
No mistakes, and no need to tell us nothing, those guys just need accept what they got. You and a lot of ppl are supporting bad behaviors, because (i think) are cool, and i dont know what you think like this... maybe because you hate companies, hate blizzard itself, or hate the popularity of this game and every little and stupid thing makes you overreact like a kid with a new toy

Or maybe people are upset because they don't like arbitrary BS. They, Blizz, just needs to clearly state their rules.

Please quote me the rule that says you are not allowed to only play 1 single hero.

And don't throw me "disruptive gameplay". People silently tilting is probably more disruptive, but if you're not harrassing your team or being toxic, you're not going to get banned for "playing bad due to tilt".
11/11/2017 10:35 AMPosted by Josh Engen
I just wanted to chime in and make sure that everyone knows that we’re currently digging into the reports, investigating this ban, and thinking about how this type of situation affects specialized players and their teammates.

We take both sides of the issue very seriously. We believe that players should be able to choose their favorite heroes, but playing as a team (which includes building an effective team composition) is a core part of the Overwatch experience. It’s a delicate balance, and we’re still working on getting it right (and probably always will be).

If you’ve been playing Blizzard games for a while, you’ve probably heard us use the phrase “Play nice; play fair.” It’s like a mantra around the Blizzard campus, and it’s a big part of the way that we approach situations like this. People tend to focus on the “playing fair” part, but they forget about “playing nice.” Sometimes that means switching off at your teammates' request, and sometimes that means working around your teammate’s specialization.

Either way, Overwatch is more fun when everyone is playing nice.

Thank you for your patience as we investigate this situation, and thank you for your passion/enthusiasm about Overwatch.
11/13/2017 08:22 PMPosted by PsychoPuff
Being an OT is against what Ow is about SWITCHING.
So you deserved your ban.
Nope. It is stated by the devs as well as in-game that you cannot report someone for playing a certain hero. Switching is not a requirement.
This entire situation is a mess. My sister and I will never touch competitive if this is Blizzard's going to allow.
11/13/2017 08:22 PMPosted by TheReinhardt
Ok, but what happen when he's not acting for twitch?, you cant proves innocence with a video, streamers acts, do not react, they need to be something maybe they arent really are
By this logic, you could literally never prove he’s not toxic.

“No proof”

“We have his streams”

“Not good enough”

“People who know him know he’s not toxic”

“Not good enough”

“Here’s a player making a false report against him”

“Not good enough”

no, is not that, just only cant know this, its only a blackhole of negativity, again, no one receive a ban for nothing. Blizzard verifying and take everything serious or we have a massive ban of onetricking and never happen NEVER HAPPEN. Just play the game, adapt and cooperate with your teanmates. thats all.
Hey there, Fuey. We've been investigating a lot of reports of this nature over the past few days, and we’re currently taking another look at your 1-day suspension. We'll be reaching out to you directly via email (to your registered Battle.net address) very soon. Thanks for your patience!

In the meantime, we’re going to go ahead and lock this thread as well as other related threads. We also ask that you please refrain from creating any new posts about this particular topic and instead refer back to the email conversation in progress, since Blizzard forums aren’t where discussions about disciplinary actions should be occurring. (It’s actually against the Code of Conduct, but we understand the circumstances.)

For those who may be reading along: The intent of our reporting system, past or present, is not to punish individuals for having a “main” or by playing off-meta heroes, but instead more aggressively discourage players from doing negative things like: posting abusive messages in chat, spamming others, and purposefully failing to contribute to a match by being AFK, griefing teammates, or exhibiting poor teamwork. We want to make sure this system not only serves the needs of the game, but also the needs of its players, so we’ll continue to look into reports like these and, if needed, make improvements to ensure we’re delivering the best experience possible. That is why we’re performing a secondary deep dive into this case to ensure the accuracy of the results.