I get punished for leaving a comp game with thrower.

Competitive Discussion
The match is about to start, 2 hero slots open, the team calls for a D.va and Mercy. I chose D.va, and the other guy waits a moment (probably telling himself "damn, I wanted D.va"), then goes Widow.

He has no hours on Widow.

We complain in a positive manner, yet he doesn't switch.

I leave the game before it begins because it's essentially 5vs6, yet I get punished?

The warning post (from today) on bans isn't going to change my mind. Why would I play a 5vs6 match? I'm still going to leave. If you're going to ban me for that, then
u deserve every punishment possible
Good. I hope you get perma banned.
The game doesn't care for what reason you left the game for, you still left the game. You're no different.
How do you know he's a thrower? Maybe he has another account with amazing widow stats

Oh and the warning about bans wont change your mind you say? Maybe a perma ban will
How about let them try the hero before declaring them a thrower?
Why wouldn't you get punished for abandoning a game?

I bet you get upset when someone leaves your team (whether it was intentional or not), why do you feel you should be immune to punishment for doing the same thing?
Strike 1) Silent in team chat.
Strike 2) Ignores team's advice/request, choosing Widow (with no hours on widow) instead of a healer.
Strike 3) Remains silent in chat.

Strike 3, you're out.

If it isn't clear to you all by now how that game would've gone, then you're beyond helping to understand.
09/21/2017 09:08 AMPosted by Kryps
Strike 2) Ignores team's advice/request, choosing Widow (with no hours on widow) instead of a healer.

Strike 3, you're out.

If it isn't clear to you all by now how that game would've gone, then you're beyond helping to understand.
Oh you mean like the high plat game I had yesterday where we won on Rout 66 attack with: Lucio, Widow, Torb, Reaper, Pharah, Hog?
Complaining about a penalty after leaving a match? God you're dense. Regardless of the circumstances you still abandoned the game and you deserve all the punishments possible.
You seem like the type of person who'd report anyone who doesn't agree to 2/2/2
09/21/2017 09:14 AMPosted by Sulack

Strike 3, you're out.

Oh you mean like the high plat game I had yesterday where we won on Rout 66 attack with: Lucio, Widow, Torb, Reaper, Pharah, Hog?

You really aren't connecting the dots here I see. Well, that's unfortunate for you.

Yes, I've been in many Attack Widow matches, all of which did not have the signs (strikes) I listed above. The widow always communicated with us, mostly saying "I'm just going to get a pick and switch." or "If this doesn't work, I'll switch.", etc. Not to mention the player has hours on Widow, thereby making the recently added "Mouse-over show top 5 players" feature useful and relevant.

So, no, your example is not what I mean; and for me to draw a picture for you now is not only sad, but most likely a waste of my time.

Bye.
You're the only thrower in that game. For all you know that widow would have switched to mercy one second later or a million other things could have happened that let you win this game. But no you had to abandon the game.

You can't stand up and take your money back from the poker table because you don't like your cards. You can't just leave a comp overwatch match because you don't like the picks. Easy as that.

Strike 3, you're out.

And?

You still left a game in progress and that's why you were punished. The game doesn't care why you left, only that you did. It treats everyone the same. As an example: you could lose power to your home during a match and get disconnected, it's not your fault but you will still be punished for abandoning your team. Why should it be okay for you to leave during the game, but not anyone else?
09/21/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Kryps
The match is about to start, 2 hero slots open, the team calls for a D.va and Mercy. I chose D.va, and the other guy waits a moment (probably telling himself "damn, I wanted D.va"), then goes Widow.

I leave the game before it begins because it's essentially 5vs6, yet I get punished?

The warning post (from today) on bans isn't going to change my mind. Why would I play a 5vs6 match? I'm still going to leave. If you're going to ban me for that, then

Maybe their team had 6 dps and you would have won ez

Imo you deserve the ban when you get it
09/21/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Kryps

You just cannot force people to play what you want. Accept it and play the game or accept the penalty for leaving.
Picking a pick the team doesn't like is NOT a punishable offense and is not trolling.
Turning off team chat is NOT a punishable offense and is not trolling.

Leaving the game causing a 5v6 IS a punishable offense and IS trolling.

I hope you are permanently banned soon before you ruin anymore games just because someone picked someone you didn't like. How many hours they have on the hero is completely irrelevant. I bet you report Torb, Mei, and Bastion picks too.

Furthermore, what prevented everyone else from switching to make a better comp? If you needed another healer, 2-2-2, or whatever you were crying about, you could have had it. There were 5 other people on that team other than the Widow.

EDIT:
09/21/2017 09:23 AMPosted by Kryps
So, no, your example is not what I mean; and for me to draw a picture for you now is not only sad, but most likely a waste of my time.

You're complaining on an internet forum about how you were justly punished for leaving a competitive game, thus wasting 5 other people's time. Seriously???
I just want to say that this has got to be the best topic/posts that I have ever read on this forum. I'm currently laughing my !@# off and it has easily made my day.