Mercy is broken

Competitive Discussion
When do you know a hero is broken? When you need the same hero on the other team to counter them

I have a suggestion.....get rid of her resurrect ability.

Once a hero is dead, that's it. You shouldn't have to worry about them coming back right away.
May as well get rid of one shot kills too, cuz it's not fair to spend all that time running to the point and be killed before you actually engage the enemy. /obvious sarcasm
Kinda hard when "heroes never die" is a such a big part of mercy.

Maybe change the cooldown. But get rid of it? I don't think so.
Maybe make her channel it like a sombra hack?
You do not need another Mercy to counter Mercy. You just need to be able to kill more than once per thirty seconds. Really that's it.
09/21/2017 10:47 AMPosted by Baalzevuv
May as well get rid of one shot kills too, cuz it's not fair to spend all that time running to the point and be killed before you actually engage the enemy. /obvious sarcasm

People like McCree, Hanzo, and Widow require skill to pull off. You can't just go in with those characters and expect to be that good. Yes, Hanzo's scatter arrow is basically a no skill one shot, but it's not as reliable as being able to resurrect someone with Mercy's ability. Also, Mercy is the number one healer in the game right now, giving her the ability to resurrect someone just puts her over the top.
09/21/2017 10:55 AMPosted by ntroPi
Maybe make her channel it like a sombra hack?
Are we also going to give it a 20+ yard range like Sombra's hack? Because having to channel it within 5 yards from the target would make it utterly pointless and a death sentence for her.
09/21/2017 10:59 AMPosted by Qwyxzl
You do not need another Mercy to counter Mercy. You just need to be able to kill more than once per thirty seconds. Really that's it.

LMAO, GOT EEM

tippity top kek

Really though, you aren't wrong. The "they have a Mercy, we need one" logic was rampant in lower ranks before the rework, and it's just as wrong now as it was then.

You know res is a thing, so just play like you know res is a thing. You can usually tell who the Mercy is going to res, especially the lower down the ladder you go. If she's babysitting a Bastion or running Pharah-Mercy at all, they're going to res that hero the second they die.

If your team keeps banging their head against a wall trying to push through a tiny choke and you're getting absolutely destroyed by their Junkrat, she's going to revive him the second he dies.

It's really not that hard to figure out.
Blizzard are in such a difficult position because addressing the root of the problem (the rez mechanic) means alienating a large portion of the playerbase since so many players are mercy 1 tricks, and she is pretty much built around the rez mechanic.

I agree though. It really is just silly having so many revives throughout a game. For me personally, it makes the game considerably worse to watch and to play, and I will probably be avoiding both until they change something.
There is always going to be a group of skills and heroes that are OP to the people who struggle with aiming and treat getting kills as such a monumental task that it shouldn't ever be negated. It's in the same category as all the complaints about phara and roadhog that saw very little usage at the upper tiers.

Mercy hard-counters spam picks from range. Impact kills have to come from committed fights where the team can punish Mercy for coming to the corpse and/or score quick consecutive kills.
Hey there, thanks for the Mercy feedback! We do have a pretty big feedback thread on these changes, so please feel free to join the discussion here instead. Thanks!