Do you think Overwatch team simply not have enough people?

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Highly Rated
We have ALL been complaining about lack of blue posts. Or slow updates or bug fixes. In general it feels like general Dev response is slow or not at all. Also surprised we have never gotten subforms like character forums, or adcade forums. Ect.

Now I get it the devs have to choose their words carefully and can't respond to every quest. However even large collective threads with hundreds of posts on one topic, or dozens of threads on the same question go ignored.

Further when people have said "I could do this better" Jeff has responded by directing to them to the Overwatch team job postings which while I'm sure this is meant in jest, there were also several open positions.

So I wonder, do you think Overwatch team is simply short staffed and that's why sometimes it feels like things take so long?

I mean, their work feels good. It doesn't feel lazy, or half-assed. It feels thorough and good, just a little slow. Like some bugs taken a little long to address.
Most of the complaints here do not justify an immediate blue response..if any response at all...just because the vocal minority that make these posts declare something about the game is unsatisfactory, does not mean they're correct.
Highly Rated
Ehhh. Considering the game implodes with pretty much every major update with bugs that scream "Don't you have internal playtesters?" A lot of updates come off as half-assed, to me anyways. Like Orisa.

But with that lastest dev update, I wouldn't be surprised if the OW team is a majority of art people and a handful of people actually working on the game. They seem to run a skeleton crew, if making a basic report system is holding them up

Assuming he wasn't simply trying to pass the buck. Again.
They respond to everything worth responding to, which isn't often. If they post something and it is taken wrong it would be a big disaster for them, so its best for them to be very concise and speak only when they are stating something worthwhile.
I mean there isn't much new to say. Im not sure what they could talk about that we don't already know
That's true and I agree, but it also seems bugs go for long periods. For example the Ana sleep dart in Mayhem. Albeit not a bug there were numerous complaints. Then we got a blue post saying it was in the next patch. Then it wasn't in next patch and it was another two weeks before it finally got fixed.
09/26/2017 05:58 PMPosted by Vánagandr
That's true and I agree, but it also seems bugs go for long periods. For example the Ana sleep dart in Mayhem. Albeit not a bug there were numerous complaints. Then we got a blue post saying it was in the next patch. Then it wasn't in next patch and it was another two weeks before it finally got fixed.
Mei has had a bug where Cryo freeze doesn't get rid of heal block since Ana was released.

It's still there.
09/26/2017 06:04 PMPosted by HappyFeet
Mei has had a bug where Cryo freeze doesn't get rid of heal block since Ana was released.

It's still there.

Yeah that's kind of my point. I've heard about this numerous times. They MUST know about it but it hasn't been fixed or even addressed. DF has a plethora of bugs and issues.
Is it numbers or bad leadership? A lot of their design decisions are questionable at best. This game has some of the worst character ability designs I have seen in over 30 years of gaming.
Ahhaha no. They just put little effort into updates as they make no money off it. Same as every other dev these days.
09/26/2017 05:48 PMPosted by HappyFeet
Ehhh. Considering the game implodes with pretty much every major update with bugs that scream "Don't you have internal playtesters?" A lot of updates come off as half-assed, to me anyways. Like Orisa.

But with that lastest dev update, I wouldn't be surprised if the OW team is a majority of art people and a handful of people actually working on the game. They seem to run a skeleton crew, if making a basic report system is holding them up

Assuming he wasn't simply trying to pass the buck. Again.

I agree

step it up blizzard, worry less about esports and worry more about us players who have been playing since the beta
The thing is, when they respond, most time people dislike the anwser, or maybe they do not have an anwser, which they dislike. They dislike it if they do not respond. People are just cruel for some reason, never really trying to see both side. On top of that, when player do like what they say, there always people who feel though player are wrong. Is it really odd that they limit thier posting? everyone seem to take everything they say way, way to serious to boot.
09/27/2017 08:27 AMPosted by MaxPower
Is it numbers or bad leadership? A lot of their design decisions are questionable at best. This game has some of the worst character/ability designs I have seen in over 30 years of gaming.

the characters are the best part of this game, its one of the reason I bought it. the characters and the lore are perfect, the game is not
Most of the posts/complains don't actually require a response.
The saddest part about all of this is that blizzard CLEARLY has the money and funds to hire a large team to work on this game, but my guess they are so focused on money that they only have like 3 people on the game. No wonder why they were begging us to do bug testing on the ptr, yet at the same time ignoring us not wanting to appear desperate for help.
09/27/2017 08:38 AMPosted by Fondue
Most of the posts/complains don't actually require a response.
Or they already responded yet 100 of the same topic pop up and bury that response.
09/27/2017 08:37 AMPosted by JellyandJam
09/27/2017 08:27 AMPosted by MaxPower
Is it numbers or bad leadership? A lot of their design decisions are questionable at best. This game has some of the worst character/ability designs I have seen in over 30 years of gaming.

the characters are the best part of this game, its one of the reason I bought it. the characters and the lore are perfect, the game is not

You mean like their background stories? I didn't meant that. (I just saw a typo in my other post. probably changed the meaning some)
Sure...

Slow balancing patchs, one new hero each 4 months..

Also they dont have people to play this game.. i cant belive that they still dont touch pharahmercy on console.. each patch is stronger.
09/26/2017 06:04 PMPosted by HappyFeet

It's still there.

Pretty sure its not suppose to get rid of it. Cryo freeze is essentially the same as soldier dropping his bio field minus ally healing. Its not suppose ti purge mei, just heal.
I would gladly move from Canada to the US in a heartbeat if it meant I got a position on the QA team.