South African Servers

General Discussion
Hi Blizzard and Overwatch SA players

I know this has been posted quite a number of times concerning Overwatch servers in South Africa, but I'm hoping by bringing up the issue will allow Blizzard to notice the South African Overwatch community.

So if there are any South African Overwatch players on here I urge you to post your story.
As an overwatch lover, I am pleading on behalf of all South Africans.

Blizzard, hopefully someone from head office will read this; If you do not have money to host us servers in South Africa, please let us HELP YOU host servers for you.

So many of us, here in South Africa, have dedicated servers in datacentres, of which I'm very sure (me being one of them) that we would not mind if you asked us to host your overwatch server platform on our servers for the users in South Africa to use and utilise (Free of charge!)

So please, we're dying this side to play overwatch in a fair manner without having LAG.
I have four friends that decided not to buy overwatch just because of this issue. Im the only one of them currently playing it.
Sometimes my shots dont register when im point blank and it annoys me endlessly. We have dota 2 servers at least, so I guess I will start playing that a bit more.
Please add a server for southern africa.
South Americans have been asking for a server outside Brazil since the release of the game and guess what? They haven't get one, several complains on the forums, severals threads asking for a server without lag, a server in Chile or Argentina like Valve and Riot Games have done. So I'm sorry if you have hope for getting a server for you guys but that's impossible they just care about NA and EU.
10/08/2017 06:42 AMPosted by Meuzy
Hi Blizzard and Overwatch SA players

I know this has been posted quite a number of times concerning Overwatch servers in South Africa, but I'm hoping by bringing up the issue will allow Blizzard to notice the South African Overwatch community.

So if there are any South African Overwatch players on here I urge you to post your story.
South African overwatch community should come together and address this issue to overwatch game director so that he may use his position to influence Activision-Blizzard to set up a server in South Africa
As a South African, I'm actually against local servers. Most of our top500 players would be the equivalent of maybe GM on other servers. I am more in favour of some sort of hub extension of the EU server that would just bring our ping down. Playing on EU servers is better for the development of SA players.
What's holding you back from SA servers, Blizz? Help us to help you!
COME ON PAPA JEFF HOOK US UP WITH THAT SWEET 30MS
I play this game a lot, like gold border and diamond rank. 200 ping rlly screws you over a lot, Jeff plz help.
Often times I just can’t play because my ping gets so bad. For me the best ping I get is 170 (which is very rare). I can’t play tracer (who I would love to main) because her blinks are all over the place. I also keep disconnecting from comp games and being unable to reconnect thus losing sr, which is very frustrating for both me and my teammates. This season I placed diamond but found myself back in mid plat because I lost 300 sr mainly from disconnecting from games, most of which I hadn’t even loaded into the lobby yet. It is very frustrating and limiting and I am unable to play fast paced heroes or heroes which require good accuracy, as the shots don’t even register (widowmaker).

My brother who is a genji main stopped playing overwatch because the lag is so frustrating. Please give us a server, it would be greatly appreciated.
i love playing overwatch but when it comes to comps if bad cuz we cant alway talk to our teem cuz thay dont speak or understand english and it gets supper frushtrating. we need a SA server badly
Yeah this has been raised several times and apparently our countries network infrastructure is dated and won't work well with a Blizz server.

As soon as we up the network quality it may be an option, until then pray fibre comes to your area.

I'm getting ±150ms on Octotel and its a world of difference coming from 200+ms.