Normal Legendary skins shouldn't drop from Event Loot boxes

General Discussion
Highly Rated
Seriously, I have two accounts and all loot boxes from arcade that I got (plus some others due lvling up) dropped trash and 1 normal legendary in both (A Doomfist and something else that I already forgot, characters that I don't play at all)...for god sake, the amount of time you ask to get 3k is absurd and knowing I can get normal Legendary skins from them discourage me from purchasing them at all.

I got the game last year at the end of this same event so I couldn't get any of the skins... and now probably I'll be lucky if I even get one :/
I feel the same https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759358948

It's bs. After 25 loot boxes though I FINALLY got a event legendary which was 80s Zarya which I think is pretty cute so I'm gonna play her for a bit now. I'm just glad it wasn't Torb or Dracula reaper. Dracula reaper looks too much like pumpkin reaper imo minus the pumpkin and collar.

So far I've gotten two non event legendaries tho.. firefighter Mei and Hanzo's white wolf. -.-
They sould. It is part of the gamble, part of the game. I got a lot of Lucio's skins last event and got one yesterday. I am dissapointed, but it adds more focus on getting more lootboxes.
:)
I got legendary gold yesterday... :(
If you limit the Loot Pool, you'll put more of a limit on how likely you are to get a Legendary
I'd prefer to see something like this. If they're special Halloween (insert event here) loot boxes, I'd like at least the legendary/epic stuff to be from that event. The pool will only grow as the years go on after all.
I dunno. The game is designed to make money and it seems to be doing it pretty well xD
10/13/2017 01:55 AMPosted by alphaleo
Seriously, I have two accounts and all loot boxes from arcade that I got (plus some others due lvling up) dropped trash and 1 normal legendary in both (A Doomfist and something else that I already forgot, characters that I don't play at all)...for god sake, the amount of time you ask to get 3k is absurd and knowing I can get normal Legendary skins from them discourage me from purchasing them at all.

I got the game last year at the end of this same event so I couldn't get any of the skins... and now probably I'll be lucky if I even get one :/

Normal legendary skins are on a completely different drop table than the event ones. When you get a "normal" legendary skin during an event it did not "take the place" of an event legendary. It's purely a bonus. During events, you have a higher percentage chance of getting legendary skins because you're pulling from the event drop table in addition to the normal drop table. Hope that clarifies things a bit.
Highly Rated
10/13/2017 08:35 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Normal legendary skins are on a completely different drop table than the event ones. When you get a "normal" legendary skin during an event it did not "take the place" of an event legendary. It's purely a bonus. During events, you have a higher percentage chance of getting legendary skins because you're pulling from the event drop table in addition to the normal drop table. Hope that clarifies things a bit.

Yeah, and that was already said before. Wonder why people still complain.

Thanks for responding so quickly, also I think the Lootboxes are way better than before the changes. I bought 50 boxes and got pretty much everything except from maybe 2 or 3 skins! Which seems really fair

thanks jef
OK, that's a pretty good clarification for the future.

That is good to know.
During events, you have a higher percentage chance of getting legendary skins because you're pulling from the event drop table in addition to the normal drop table.
Does this applies to Epics like Emotes and Highlight Intros too? If so that changes a lot!
good to know, i got a regular legendary from my 5 prime lootboxes and i thought already dang
10/13/2017 08:42 AMPosted by Kyaw
During events, you have a higher percentage chance of getting legendary skins because you're pulling from the event drop table in addition to the normal drop table.
Does this applies to Epics like Emotes and Highlight Intros too? If so that changes a lot!

Yes. All event content is on a different drop table (sprays, voice lines, skins, animations, poses). Event content always has an event themed background when the items open up in front of you. In Halloween Terror, for example, the event items all have a spooky moon background when you open them up.
Also, you're guaranteed to get at least 1 event item per event loot box. Of course you can get more if you're lucky.
The key is to unlock everything so you only get duplicates/gold. Then buy the new skins with said gold.
10/13/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Also, you're guaranteed to get at least 1 event item per event loot box. Of course you can get more if you're lucky.
Awesome thanks Jeff
That's pretty cool. Would adding an alternative way to earn credits (like 10 or 5 credits something fairly small to not overshadow credit drops or duplicate coins) besides crates be an idea worth trying out?

Or would that hinder lootbox sales? From a business standpoint I understand not wanting one of the integral components of earning payments besides the initial purchase of the base game to not be disregarded as it pays for improving the game and content. (content that makes me content :) )