"The enemy teleporter is here!"

General Discussion
Good to know... Except I have no idea where you are, when your character makes that auto-callout. Only healers can see their teammates through walls, the rest of us get anonymous chevrons that make it very difficult to coordinate.

I can't tell you how many games I've lost because of a Symmetra ult no one can find in time. InB4 "just use mic:" no one ever joins or uses team chat in QP....
Whenever a character give the call out for a tele or shield gen, it means it’s nearby. The rest is up to you to look for the thing.
10/13/2017 10:58 AMPosted by Artemis
Whenever a character give the call out for a tele or shield gen, it means it’s nearby. The rest is up to you to look for the thing.

There's no time to wander around looking for a teleporter that someone already found. Just put "healer vision" in the hero options, so you can locate teammates through walls and locate the teammate who found the telly.
10/13/2017 10:48 AMPosted by Silawatsi
the rest of us get anonymous chevrons that make it very difficult to coordinate.

I think it's your fault if it's difficult. I can work just fine with the chevrons, maybe you just need to realise their potential.
And then they end up not destroying it...
Another possible suggestion is that once the TP/SG is found, give it its own marker in red. Yes people should communicate where it is once they find it, but not everyone uses a mic, and not everyone has the words to describe where it is. When someone says "TP is in the small room to the right," I sometimes still have no idea where it is. Even worse, I've heard people say "It's in the back" as if there's only one hiding spot* 'back there'.
Follow the sound of that loud teleporter.
Junkrat is awesome for tele destruction too. Stand right on it and shoot even if someone kills you your bombs will kill it anyway
When my character says this, I usually just say "group up" so the team knows where I am (unhelpful in QP honestly), but it's really not enough.
10/13/2017 02:06 PMPosted by chicken
Another possible suggestion is that once the TP/SG is found, give it its own marker in red. Yes people should communicate where it is once they find it, but not everyone uses a mic, and not everyone has the words to describe where it is. When someone says "TP is in the small room to the right," I sometimes still have no idea where it is. Even worse, I've heard people say "It's in the back" as if there's only one hiding spot* 'back there'.

So you want to take a character who has an extremely low pick rate, and is situational at best; and make the ONE thing she has that makes her useful more easy to nullify? No thanks. If Symmetra put the Shield Gen/Tele in a hard place to find, kudos to the player. The whole point of it is to make flankers waste time trying to find it while your team has numbers advantage in the fight.
Half the time I hear a character call that out, the person playing that character doesn't even know where it is.
Junkrat is awesome for killing everything stand right on them and shoot even if someone kills you your bombs will kill them anyway

I fixed the post for you
Good to know... Except I have no idea where you are, when your character makes that auto-callout. Only healers can see their teammates through walls, the rest of us get anonymous chevrons that make it very difficult to coordinate.

I can't tell you how many games I've lost because of a Symmetra ult no one can find in time. InB4 "just use mic:" no one ever joins or uses team chat in QP....

Hell sometimes the players doesn't even see it they are like 10 feet from it and it's behind a wall so they go "Um.......where?" it's happened to me before.
I'm almost positive that you can turn on allied health bars in the options. Should help.
10/13/2017 02:59 PMPosted by DarthDanMan
I'm almost positive that you can turn on allied health bars in the options. Should help.

It just lets you see your ally's current HP when you see them. You still can't see them through walls.
10/13/2017 02:50 PMPosted by Genji
Junkrat is awesome for killing everything stand right on them and shoot even if someone kills you your bombs will kill them anyway

I fixed the post for you
no you didn't. You forgot drop a trap too :p
10/13/2017 02:25 PMPosted by pickledogo
10/13/2017 02:06 PMPosted by chicken

So you want to take a character who has an extremely low pick rate, and is situational at best; and make the ONE thing she has that makes her useful more easy to nullify? No thanks. If Symmetra put the Shield Gen/Tele in a hard place to find, kudos to the player. The whole point of it is to make flankers waste time trying to find it while your team has numbers advantage in the fight.

I actually hadn't thought of it from Symmetra's side, and I think you make a good point, so upvoted. You're right, no one wants to waste time looking for a TP/SG, but on the team that has Symm, that's exactly what you want to try and get the other team to do. Map knowledge becomes pretty valuable in this case, since both flankers and Symm have to consider the best place the TP/SG would be hidden.
10/13/2017 01:50 PMPosted by tacticturtle
the rest of us get anonymous chevrons that make it very difficult to coordinate.

I think it's your fault if it's difficult. I can work just fine with the chevrons, maybe you just need to realise their potential.

If you're not paying attention to your team's location at every possible moment, it can be hard to tell who's who just based on a chevron. Some are obvious - I know the one behind me is someone coming back from spawn, and I can typically hazard a guess at who's behind the chevron based on movement (Tracer blinks around, Genji moves erratically while jumping/climbing, Winston jumps, Pharah's in the air, etc).

The new icons over death locations are nice, because if a teammate makes a callout then dies on the TP/SG, you know where it is.

All down to communication, communication trumps Symmetras any day of the week.
10/13/2017 04:05 PMPosted by chicken
10/13/2017 02:25 PMPosted by pickledogo

I actually hadn't thought of it from Symmetra's side, and I think you make a good point, so upvoted. You're right, no one wants to waste time looking for a TP/SG, but on the team that has Symm, that's exactly what you want to try and get the other team to do. Map knowledge becomes pretty valuable in this case, since both flankers and Symm have to consider the best place the TP/SG would be hidden.

Symmetra's equipment needs to be visible through walls anyways.

"Protect the teleporter!"

Sure I will! Where is it?
10/13/2017 01:48 PMPosted by Silawatsi
10/13/2017 10:58 AMPosted by Artemis

There's no time to wander around looking for a teleporter that someone already found. Just put "healer vision" in the hero options, so you can locate teammates through walls and locate the teammate who found the telly.

95% of the time I went looking for it specifically so I'll take care of it myself.

I do want teammate vision though.